• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-0800

Wondering if someone can help.

He's a quote from another topic ' I'm currently looking at the Sony X800D for $650.00'. Now of course this is US dollars and I don't expect to get the same deal here it's just that I've been searching for this model but have had no luck and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. 4k tv btw if that wasn't clear.

Thanks.

Recreat3

I'm in Sydney for now. Planning to stay for at least a month. Just arrived today, so no clue just yet how it'll go for me.

Good thing I already found the local Hard Rock Cafe. Been collecting those shirts since I was 8. Just bought number 43.

Planning to move towards Melbourne later.

Yea i remember you saying that. Dont forget to check out the burger places i told you about

If I wanna play Forza Horizon 3 on PC do I have no choice than to spend $100 for the digital version?
Is there still any region switch shenanigans?

Hello Australian friends!

I will be visiting my girlfriend in Adelaide come December! Can you guys maybe recommend me some things that are must do's/must sees? Burger restaurants I must visit etc :)

And since I'll be there for Christmas, is there anything going on in the city at that time? And what are some of the better restaurants to have Christmas dinner?

I also would like to visit a sports game, but the AFL league is ending soon right, so no games to see there. And there is no rugby team in Adelaide? So that only leaves me with soccer?

Thanks in advance, friends!!

Edit: wait, I'm in a gaming thread? I'M SO CONFUSED! I just used the search function. Is there another thread for me to ask this? A non-gaming Aussie Community thread or anything?

Rezbit

I will be visiting my girlfriend in Adelaide come December! Can you guys maybe recommend me some things that are must do's/must sees? Burger restaurants I must visit etc :)

And since I'll be there for Christmas, is there anything going on in the city at that time? And what are some of the better restaurants to have Christmas dinner?

I also would like to visit a sports game, but the AFL league is ending soon right, so no games to see there. And there is no rugby team in Adelaide? So that only leaves me with soccer?

Edit: wait, I'm in a gaming thread? I'M SO CONFUSED! I just used the search function. Is there another thread for me to ask this? A non-gaming Aussie Community thread or anything?

Nah you're in the right place, we just live in gaming!

As for sports in Adelaide, summer is cricket time in Australia, but looks like if you're not there at the end of November you'll miss the test match, but if you're around for the 26th of January you can catch a one-day match.

The 20/20 cricket will be on about that time in Adelaide, they usually pack the place especially New Years Eve. The Soccer/football will also be on about that time.

The Australian thread has always been gaming side and pinned, because... well... that's just the way it's always been. It was before my time, something to do with all Australian's being banned or something as early GAF was hacked by someone from Australia. Some one else probably knows much more than me.

I'll only be there for 2 weeks, so i'll be gone on the 30th of December. We'll go and visit some vineyards so that will take up some of our time, But was wondering if you guys had some insider tips :)

Anybody here from Adelaide?

Grassy

Nah you're in the right place, we just live in gaming!

As for sports in Adelaide, summer is cricket time in Australia, but looks like if you're not there at the end of November you'll miss the test match, but if you're around for the 26th of January you can catch a one-day match.

There's a few Big Bash matches in Adelaide on the 21st and 31st of December too.

T-0800

New Years Eve Twenty 20 match.

Sorry see this was mentioned.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I'll only be there for 2 weeks, so i'll be gone on the 30th of December. We'll go and visit some vineyards so that will take up some of our time, But was wondering if you guys had some insider tips :)

Anybody here from Adelaide?

I am. I live in the Barossa valley. If you like wine, come here.

Fredescu

Wondering if someone can help.

He's a quote from another topic ' I'm currently looking at the Sony X800D for $650.00'. Now of course this is US dollars and I don't expect to get the same deal here it's just that I've been searching for this model but have had no luck and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. 4k tv btw if that wasn't clear.

Thanks.

We don't get the same TV models as the US. Sometimes the ones we get here are the same with a different model number, and sometimes they're different. This is for both Samsung and Sony. Not sure about others.The KD-55X8500D is 4K Triluminous, so that might be what you're looking for. Looks like it goes for around $2k though.

Paasei

Yea i remember you saying that. Dont forget to check out the burger places i told you about

Ofcourse I didn't forget about those! Actually had a good conversation with someone from an employment agency. Going to figure out some companies where they could use me as a cameraman/editor.

Let us hope.

Jintor

i went to a japanese/english language exchange thing yesterday and now a japanese guy is trying to get me to wingman for him so he can pick up blondes

Paasei

If anyone knows a place where I can rent my own room/studio in Sydney for a good price, then please let me know.

Quasar

Good God I've fallen down a room redecoration rabbit hole and cannot get out.

Have a room in an old house where a couple of floorboards seemed rotten, so deciding to get them replaced I pulled the carpet up and realised it was so shit I also need to replace that. That in turn led me to decide to repaint the room as well. WHich of course will lead to new bedding and maybe a wardrobe to match the new look.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

N0VAM0D

That feeling when you work 12 hours and feel like you produced nothing of value.

Such a crappy feeling dude, I'm there with you. Been feeling like that a lot this week, so I'm glad it's finally my weekend!

I'll be having some sorely needed time off soon too. Heading to Yamba with my crew in 10 days. Been looking forward to it for months. Anyone been before?

Stackboy

Looking forward to getting back into Destiny with Rise of Iron tonight! I doubt I'll be as addicted as I use to be, but I still really dig Destiny.

Darren870

Well sold my house yesterday. 60 day settlement and then I'll be moving back to the good ol USA.

Its been real AUS-GAF. I'll come out for drinks during PAX but it will be my last. After 8 years abroad I am looking forward to going back.

Unless of course trump wins, then im staying

Paasei

Took a long hike through Sydney yesterday. Lasted about 4 hours. I thought I had good shoes for walks like that, but I now have 3 blisters on my foot. Pretty annoying.

Typing this to remind myself to get an adapter that fits the socket here, so I can recharge my laptop.

hirokazu

Typing this to remind myself to get an adapter that fits the socket here, so I can recharge my laptop.
If the plugs are those straight parallels ones, you can just bend them to fit them in out sockets.

Or buy adaptors from two dollar shops, up to you.

I don't recommend the first suggestion.

Recreat3

If the plugs are those straight parallels ones, you can just bend them to fit them in out sockets.

Or buy adaptors from two dollar shops, up to you.

I don't recommend the first suggestion.
Yeh as an electrician i would not recommend the first suggestion haham go to jh hi fi, you should be able to find adapters there.

First time to europe and first time travelling solo but i have a few mates over there so i should be ok. I will be alone for the majority of the trip...i hope my social skills can adapt. After a couple of beers ill be fine haha.

What's the Australian rite of passage?

Centrelink

Well sold my house yesterday. 60 day settlement and then I'll be moving back to the good ol USA.

Its been real AUS-GAF. I'll come out for drinks during PAX but it will be my last. After 8 years abroad I am looking forward to going back.

wow, did not see that coming. Thought you'd settled here for good. Better job? Fed up with Trams? Family stuff? Homesick? On the run from the cops? Serial Killer moving in next door?

Either way, best of luck.

This means you also have 60days to vacate this thread. You're on notice, ya damn dirty immigant.

For a while there I thought you had enough intelligence to stay. I was wrong, apparently. I hope everything works out for the best back in Trumpland.

Edit: Woo! Top of the page racism ho!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom