• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizzi

I had to buy a new mouse 'cause the scroll wheel on my logitech g502 rusted, and stopped scrolling properly.
Good job sweat.
Now I kind of want to buy a new keyboard though.

Shaneus

Ausgaf people playing Forza what are you gamertags? Want some more local drivatars on my list, or just add ParityClaws :D
Do we need Gold to take advantage of any of the online high-score stuff (not necessarily direct MP) and drivatars? I haven't subbed to Gold for yonks, but tempted to pick this up for the PC.

senahorse

Do we need Gold to take advantage of any of the online high-score stuff (not necessarily direct MP) and drivatars? I haven't subbed to Gold for yonks, but tempted to pick this up for the PC.

I haven't had gold for a couple of years and it's working fine (scores, drivatars etc), I suspect it may be different on XB1 though.

Added, Jambo :)

mulac

iPhone 7 Plus 32GB
Blue leather case
Apple Watch Series 2 (gun metal sport)

Ok giving Apple a try...and I'll likely trade in or sell my SB4 Pro in October and pickup a new Macbook whenever they are announced.

Like it or not, but Apple do make the best portable devices and f** it i'm sick of Fitbit and Android and need a change.

GODDAMN its expensive being a tech geek in Australia!

Quasar

Got my sister in perth on the Allo train and gave it a good long trial this arvo. Worked pretty well. And I really like the Google assistant. Really make me more hyped for Google Home. God I hope it works in Australia when it launches, even if I have to import it.

How are you guys playing Forza already?

I'm not a huge driving game fan but I did enjoy FH2 (that came bundled with my X1). I watched the IGN review and got homesick and was thinking of getting the game (I won't, not yet anyway).

I guess I'll just wait for all the videos by Australians pointing out the inaccuracies of the depiction of Australia.

Recreat3

My whole trip so far has been terrible. Sick on both of my flights to london. Somehoe managed to not vomit on the flights...then i felt ok so i met up with my mate in london for a few beers and i woke up in the middle of the night vomiting up all this acid. It was absolutely horrible..and now im just laying here listening to my stomach gurgle etc..

why couldnt this happen to me when i was at work so i could take advantagr of sick leave haha

senahorse

Forza Horizon 3 is real good, it was kind of surreal to get an achievement pop up "Create a festival in Surfer's Paradise", while knocking over wheelie bins :). About time we had some representation T10/PG have done a fantastic job.

MoonGred

I'm not a huge driving game fan but I did enjoy FH2 (that came bundled with my X1). I watched the IGN review and got homesick and was thinking of getting the game (I won't, not yet anyway).

I guess I'll just wait for all the videos by Australians pointing out the inaccuracies of the depiction of Australia.

Not enough snakes

Paasei

Nights like these make we want to be among my kind of people more than anything. Just playing games together. I'm not a party person and everyone here in the hostel is drunk as fuck.

Public transport is cheap on Sunday. Going to visit the Blue Mountains then and go for a (long) walk if the weather won't be disappointing. Anyone wants to tag along?

Nights like these make we want to be among my kind of people more than anything. Just playing games together. I'm not a party person and everyone here in the hostel is drunk as fuck.

Public transport is cheap on Sunday. Going to visit the Blue Mountains then and go for a (long) walk if the weather won't be disappointing. Anyone wants to tag along?

I'm only 300km away!

The Blue Mountains are amazing but they can be a little treacherous. There are constant stories of even experienced hikers falling, getting lost, going missing for days. I'm not trying to cast aspersions on your ability but it is genuinely underestimated and there is unlikely to be mobile coverage. Then there's the Drop Bears...

There's a reason it took 25 years for someone to break through after they settled Sydney.

Axiom

Forza is real pretty, and I quite like it. It's not Beetle Adventure Racing but I like me some open world exploration with a bunch of cars

Recreat3

Cant wait to play fh3.

Well i just think i got myself a date. Struck up a convo in my dorm room with this really gorgeous girl from usa and we talked for ages and she is going on some blind date tonight. I was telling her to be careful etc and that she looked nice. Then she said maybe we can do something tomorrow night. So its probably just a hang out thing..but still its something.

Im hopeless with talking to girls so i dont know how i managed that but we shall see what happens tomorrow night haha.

/notsostealthbrag

Stackboy

Successfully beat Stackboy's drivatar and he now represents me.

I think this means I own you Stack!

It totally does!!

Ausgaf people playing Forza what are you gamertags? Want some more local drivatars on my list, or just add ParityClaws :D

Stackboy Royale, can always do with more peeps to play with on my list!

Cant wait to play fh3.

Well i just think i got myself a date. Struck up a convo in my dorm room with this really gorgeous girl from usa and we talked for ages and she is going on some blind date tonight. I was telling her to be careful etc and that she looked nice. Then she said maybe we can do something tomorrow night. So its probably just a hang out thing..but still its something.

Im hopeless with talking to girls so i dont know how i managed that but we shall see what happens tomorrow night haha.

/notsostealthbrag

You'll be fine, just don't vom.

FH3 is super fun guys. Nice big map, tons of cool and fun cars.

Paasei

Cant wait to play fh3.

/notsostealthbrag

Sounds like you're experiencing exactly what I experience here in my place to stay.... The only difference is it seems we sort of swapped places in terms of where in the world we are.

Shaneus

Does anyone know if the Xbox Play Anywhere stuff is region locked? FH3 is $100 here, it's about $70AU in other regions, if not even less :/

jambo

Does anyone know if the Xbox Play Anywhere stuff is region locked? FH3 is $100 here, it's about $70AU in other regions, if not even less :/

Should work fine, there were plenty of people in the FH3 threads talking about buying from Hong Kong and Singapore and then downloading on both platforms.

I'm sorta interested in Forza but not necessarily enough to buy it until Bomba pricing hits. Its kinda making me slightly homesick. but maybe not enough to buy straight away.#

I've been playing Bioshock Collection instead. sooo good (the original game, more than the remaster which is middling rather than terrible or great).

Stackboy

Got FH3 running like a dream on my PC last night. The Xbone version looks amazing (my wife was playing it while I was on PC) but my new PC makes it look gorgeous.

Jintor

So job search wise, had an interview this morning, went pretty good, feel good about it. I also got a callback from another job that I need to respond to by today. They want me to commit to a training period of two weeks in Oct (if I am successful at the other interview(s)), but before that I need to do two tests and an interview before that time commitment commences. In that time between then and now the other interviews might come back successful.

What do? Call back and say not sure if can commit to the training period but I'm happy to take the tests? Say nothing and pull out if I get good news back from the other, better jobs? I kinda don't want to just wash off this chance but neither do I want to straight up tell 'em I'm waiting for a better opportunity to come around.

Deeku

So job search wise, had an interview this morning, went pretty good, feel good about it. I also got a callback from another job that I need to respond to by today. They want me to commit to a training period of two weeks in Oct (if I am successful at the other interview(s)), but before that I need to do two tests and an interview before that time commitment commences. In that time between then and now the other interviews might come back successful.

What do? Call back and say not sure if can commit to the training period but I'm happy to take the tests? Say nothing and pull out if I get good news back from the other, better jobs? I kinda don't want to just wash off this chance but neither do I want to straight up tell 'em I'm waiting for a better opportunity to come around.
Say yes to everything and do everything so you have the highest possible chance of landing something. Only decline stuff when you've secured a better offer.

jambo1977

Gold is not required on PC.

moonGred

Because we're all idiots who paid $30 extra

GamerKrisB05

I'm turtlesbonanza on Xbox Live. Playing on PC. As someone who hasn't had an xbox is a very long time, I have no friends who play so please add me :)

say yes to everything until you say yes to an actual offer.

what sort of test are we talking about if you don't mind me asking? They're quite common in software dev/games etc but where else would they do tests?

Deeku

say yes to everything until you say yes to an actual offer.

what sort of test are we talking about if you don't mind me asking? They're quite common in software dev/games etc but where else would they do tests?
I'd assume its a psychometric test of sorts with stuff like numerical and verbal reasoning questions. Usually really common with grad or entry level law/accounting/finance/biz type roles.

Which reminds me Jint, if it is those tests you should look up some sites that have like practice questions and stuff.

Jintor

Actually this one is for a completely different field in stenography/captioning lol

on deek's advice i went and gave them the go ahead so yeah. now i'm preparing for another interview tommorrow lol

Actually this one is for a completely different field in stenography/captioning lol

on deek's advice i went and gave them the go ahead so yeah. now i'm preparing for another interview tommorrow lol

typing test? make sure to crack your knuckles before you start and type just with your index fingers really slowly. never fails to get a laugh.

what was your actual degree?

Cerity

RIP desktop.

Not that it's actually dead but it's killed another keyboard now (2 keyboards and 2 mice now), I'm just going to upgrade anyway and dropkick the motherboard into outer space. It's been playing in the last year or so and driving me nuts every couple months. Skylake here we come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom