• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recreat3

Paasei have you asked at the hostel if you can work there. Sometimes they do that and will offer you a free room or at a very discounted price..so then atleast you are living cheap and your current money can last longer while you keep looking.

Im sure theres websites specifically to help travellers get work but im not sure. Keep trying bud.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Local city council vote time. Your options are plenty but most don't seem fit for the job and just want that sweet money.

Paasei

I kept a spreadsheet going. Of the jobs I tracked (never bothered tracking super long shots), I had 167 applications, got close to 40 callbacks, had 20 interviews and got one job.

Job hunting is the worst.

Yep, it gets annoying after a while.

Have at least 2 interviews this week, so there's some progress. Keep on applying though, as an interview is not immediately a job.

Power is out. No more Bathurst for us.

You make it sound like a bad thing.

Moving house this week and thinking of selling off some stuff.

Specifically my Surface Pro 4 i5 + Case and this PG279Q (to part-fund the 34'' UltraWide Asus screen : https://www.mwave.com.au/product/as...7-wqhd-ips-gsync-165hz-gaming-monitor-ab68652.

Is GAF a good place to sell vs ebay? I really dont want the hassle of ebay costs etc. Will stick them in the B/S/T thread later today...

Not really as it's mainly American. I'd be trying in here, or throw it up on gumtree.

r1chard

Trump has reminded me that it's time I had another conversation with my daughter about boys, men, harassment and assault. Because that's the world we live in :-(

Jintor

does anyone know a women/girl who hasn't taken some measure of protection from sexual assault in the past?

I think realising even the most tough-as-nails kickass fierce girl I ever knew was basically hyper aware about it was one of the catalysts for me to form the views i have these days

r1chard

It's important to me that she understand two things: firstly that "no" is always acceptable, that no boy or man has any automatic right to her in any way, and secondly that if anything happens that she doesn't want to, it's never her fault.

These are apparently things I need to tell her, even though in a sane world I fucking wouldn't have to. She shouldn't have to fucking think about it. But again, that's the world we live in.

kyser73

Woooo! NAB merchant services are offline so no eftpos,ATMs or online banking!

None of our 75 clinics can take any payments! Guess what as well - NAB don't have a merchant notification system in place to tell anyone when their system is back up.

Rizzi

None of our 75 clinics can take any payments! Guess what as well - NAB don't have a merchant notification system in place to tell anyone when their system is back up.
Fun!

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
You make it sound like a bad thing.
My parents were more annoyed than anything.
does anyone know a women/girl who hasn't taken some measure of protection from sexual assault in the past?

I think realising even the most tough-as-nails kickass fierce girl I ever knew was basically hyper aware about it was one of the catalysts for me to form the views i have these days

When I'm walking alone I carry my keys in my hand ready to smack anyone in the face if they try anything. Also had a small knife on them until it broke last week. It's disgusting that I have to fear walking alone and that is my solution.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Also had a small knife on them until it broke last week. It's disgusting that I have to fear walking alone and that is my solution.

If i'm ever in SA again I'll give you one of mine. The good one even.

legend166

I feel sorry for their IT staff right now.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Awwww shit first new $5 note.

TNq3q8Yl.jpg

So transparent, so beautiful. Not sure whether it's because it's so new but it feels awesome.

Thanks Dennis

It's actually me, Rendle.
Shhhhb

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
It was $1 i'm afraid it got a little bit too curly though.

aYlbUL6l.jpg

Cerity

Picked up one of those wireless trackball mice off amazon a little while ago and man do I feel so uncoordinated using it. Just constantly trying to pick it up to move it around.

mulac

Ok getting rid of my pretty much brand new ASUS ROG 27inch PG279Q screen before I move house at the weekend.

Stuck it on Guntree but anyone interested here shoot me a PM.

I'm in Sydney and would really rather not post an item like this so I guess local pickup ideally...

I feel sorry for their IT staff right now.
I was reading this today at work and got a chuckle:
http://www.itnews.com.au/news/revealed-ibm-error-caused-nab-outage-438970
A 24-hour outage to National Australia Bank’s banking systems last week was the result of an outsourced IBM staffer deleting a production domain name system (DNS) zone, iTnews can reveal.

Has anyone else who's attending PAX with a one-day ticket not received their ticket?

When I ordered mine the address noted on the receipt was incomplete (it was correct when I entered it but somehow was stripped). I emailed (took four attempts to get a response and the first email I was given doesn't exist) and eventually supposedly got it sorted.

But it's been about a week since they started going out and I'm wondering if I'm just unlucky or if there's still a bunch that haven't arrived (Melbourne)...

Shaneus

What the fuck, is anyone getting any super obtrusive ads on GAF today? I've just had a few, and I'm even using uBlock Origin to block any ads. Super fucking annoying :/

Would you like to reword some parts of your post?

To answer your question: not in the last week or so, and I've seen every advert because I'm a good person. A couple of weeks ago I got a few of the "turns your phone into a vibrator" adverts but nothing since.

Stackboy

Has anyone else who's attending PAX with a one-day ticket not received their ticket?

When I ordered mine the address noted on the receipt was incomplete (it was correct when I entered it but somehow was stripped). I emailed (took four attempts to get a response and the first email I was given doesn't exist) and eventually supposedly got it sorted.

But it's been about a week since they started going out and I'm wondering if I'm just unlucky or if there's still a bunch that haven't arrived (Melbourne)...

I haven't got my pass yet, I wouldn't sweat it.

jambo

What the fuck, is anyone getting any super obtrusive ads on GAF today? I've just had a few, and I'm even using uBlock Origin to block any ads. Super fucking annoying :/

I got redirected to AdNety in a few threads.

GAF was bad a few months ago, but then I turned AdBlock off again when it seemed to return to normal.

Time to switch it back on again =\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom