• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To get a general sense of things, if they do bring out a Surface Book 2 sometime soon, would anybody in AusGAF be interested in my old SB1? It'd be at a fair discount since it got a fucking dent on the underside when I was on a flight to Bali the other day.

jambo

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2016/10/25/critical-incident-coomera/

Police are currently investigating an incident that occurred this afternoon at a theme park on the Gold Coast.

Police were called to the site at Coomera around 2.20pm following reports that a number of people had been injured by a conveyor belt.

Four adults have been confirmed as being deceased.

Police and other emergency services remain on the scene and no further information can be released at this stage.

4 dead is craaaaazy, so sad.

Recreat3

Such a strange ride to be killed from. Sounds like they didnt drown either..maybe got stuck in the conveyor mechanism or something whicb sounds absolutely horrific. RIP

KrisB

Such a strange ride to be killed from. Sounds like they didnt drown either..maybe got stuck in the conveyor mechanism or something whicb sounds absolutely horrific. RIP

Yeah they got stuck in the conveyor belt system, it's actually a really poor design with exposed beams.

Such an awful way to go.
I went on that ride as a kid and it's very tame but just goes to show how random freak accidents can be.

:(

Anyone have any ideas where to get Move controllers in Brisbane?

psvrmove.jpg

"TBC 2017"?! Why wouldn't they make these things available 1:1 with the PlaystationVR units available?
They sold out way faster than EB expected. Second hand ones are floating around.

Stackboy

PS: Happy birthday Stackboy! I OWE YOU BIRTHDAY PUNCHES DO NOT FORGET

You mean hang out and play video games soon right?

Is Stack trying to make us forget his birthday?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STACK!

Thanks! I had a great day, got some games in, went to the beach and took a picnic, drank a few beers then headed out for a delicious BBQ dinner.

Plus one of my favorite bands The Specials announced an Aus tour next year!!

HEAD COUNT FOR PAX?

Fill out or just reply, Wondering who is going.

I think i have fixed the requirement for a google login ...

Imma be there. I'm flying solo at PAX this year because my wife just wants to go shopping in Melbourne (how dare she not love video games as much as I do).

Paasei

I am going to Slipknot next Saturday at the Qudos Arena in Sydney. After that I am planning my trip back to NL. I am simply not happy here, even now that I've been working for a few weeks.

This seems to be an unpopular opinion in general, but I honestly preferred the taste of new Shapes, and I'm sorry to see them go. The old ones were always a bit beige carpet for me. The new ones tasted much sweeter, but I actually quite liked that.

Darren870

I am going to Slipknot next Saturday at the Qudos Arena in Sydney. After that I am planning my trip back to NL. I am simply not happy here, even now that I've been working for a few weeks.

Why are you going back? What makes you unhappy? If you are looking for a cool city you should try Melbourne. Sydney is really good for the beach life, but Melbourne is by far the better of the two.

Paasei

Why are you going back? What makes you unhappy? If you are looking for a cool city you should try Melbourne. Sydney is really good for the beach life, but Melbourne is by far the better of the two.

I thought I wouldn't miss my family too much, but I do. I am halfway across the world without anyway that I really know. I make friends, yes, but they don't fill up the empty space that I am looking for.

If I had the budget, I would consider going to Melbourne just to see the city, however I do not think that I can.

Recreat3

I thought I wouldn't miss my family too much, but I do. I am halfway across the world without anyway that I really know. I make friends, yes, but they don't fill up the empty space that I am looking for.

If I had the budget, I would consider going to Melbourne just to see the city, however I do not think that I can.

I know that feeling about missing friends etc. i made so many friends when i was overseas but then you think to yourself, well ill never see them again and it feels a bit hollow.

That's fair enough, sorry that it didn't work out quite like you planned in Aus.
I think you're more normal than me lol
I've been living overseas for 7 months but only skyped my family once. Do text on whatsapp a few times a week though. Still, feel a bit heartless lol

If you know you'll be going back home soon, maybe that will make the rest of the trip go smoother, more enjoyable for you. I've had trips where things weren't happy and then years later looked back fondly at the experience.

Going to see Civil War after work tonight. UK cinemas (or at least Cambridge ones) have been relatively civilised for me without the need for Gold Class. Maybe we just have nicer cinemas here (probably true) or more mature audiences (probably true). Hey, I saw Stephen Hawking in a local shopping centre a few weeks ago.

Dimefan3

I know how it feels, I'm only just interstate from my folks but it's still hard to be so far away. (Even though I keep wishing/threatening that I'll move to Canada or NZ.)

If you know you'll be going back home soon, maybe that will make the rest of the trip go smoother, more enjoyable for you. I've had trips where things weren't happy and then years later looked back fondly at the experience.

Going to see Civil War after work tonight. UK cinemas (or at least Cambridge ones) have been relatively civilised for me without the need for Gold Class. Maybe we just have nicer cinemas here (probably true) or more mature audiences (probably true). Hey, I saw Stephen Hawking in a local shopping centre a few weeks ago.

Did you get him to read out the lyrics to 'Fitter, Happier' by Radiohead?

Clipper

G'day AusGAF...

I suppose it's time for my annual return to the thread for PAX Aus!

It's great to see some familiar faces, and new ones too. How's it going? I just signed up for the Pax Aus list, how many do we have so far?

Incidentally, those that remember me know that I'm the one that usually handles a lot of the board gaming for AusGAF and I'm happy to bring some stuff down yet again. The new hotness is Mechs vs. Minions, a game made by Riot Games inspired by the LoL Yordle characters. It's got some seriously quality components and a great set of rules, so I really look forward to playing it.

Stackboy

Does anyone have some good tabletop game recommendations to check out at PAX Aus? I'm always looking for fun games to play with 2 players but more can be added as well.

Paasei

It does feel better now that I have just accepted the fact I do not wish to stay here (read living). Made the conflict in my mind go away and haven't felt so calm for a while.

I am just going to enjoy this place as long as it lasts. Possibly still go to Melbourne regardless of my budget, just to see the city. Also the ticket home is a few 100 dollars cheaper from there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom