• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titanfall 2 was always going to struggle with that release date. Absolute death spot.

After a heavily hyped revamp of a highly successful MP FPS.
Before an insanely popular yearly MP FPS franchise where quality is unimportant.

Release date as an absolute worst case scenario for Respawn. They obviously had ZERO say over it.

hamchan

I bought all the shooters. They're all pretty good this year. Except for CoD.

And I'm totally ready to play CSGO again when Valve wants to release a new operation. Any day now...

Omikron

I bought all the shooters. They're all pretty good this year. Except for CoD.

And I'm totally ready to play CSGO again when Valve wants to release a new operation. Any day now...

Yeah...looking forward to that. But Valve going to Valve with timing and saying absolutely nothing.

Also, I started playing FM17.... :<

Shaneus

Oh god, I've basically done zero organisation for PAX this year. No idea what times I'm getting there or leaving, when I'm doing my enforcer thing (retro gaming area, come say hi!) or anything else.

Buying a house and getting married within a month of each other does that, I guess.

Shaneus

Phwoar, good luck!
Thanks! Thankfully it's a small wedding and the house we're moving into is literally next door to the current terrace house we're currently renting, so moving should be a cinch.

Also, because of the house's proximity to the street, I can get iiNet cable again!

hirokazu

is this a new policy ? and is that just the policy they have on games ?

its pretty difficult to define unopened when buying from jb considering alot of there stuff or at least past tense was re shrink wrapped, on the other hand maybe just talk to one of the guys in the games section at one of the stores ? iv both exchanged and gotten things refunded thro them in the past but not recently :/
Yeah, you might have more luck if you ask for an exchange rather than a straight refund too.

EDIT: Oh, you've already tried to get a refund.

Cerity

Saw dr strange. It's certaintly a visual treat, outside of that....well. It's my first marvel/superhero movie since.... idk, iron man 2/3? and nothing has changed. I was hoping it'd end after the first hour and a bit because it had already felt like I've seen all the effects.

Also Mads with all that eye makeup/hair :( In my head he's Hannibal and seeing him like that was really jarring.

Saw dr strange. It's certaintly a visual treat, outside of that....well. It's my first marvel/superhero movie since.... idk, iron man 2/3? and nothing has changed. I was hoping it'd end after the first hour and a bit because it had already felt like I've seen all the effects.

Also Mads with all that eye makeup/hair :( In my head he's Hannibal and seeing him like that was really jarring.

That sadly tells me all I need to know. I'm so bored of the standard super hero formula despite only having seen every second one of the Marvel films. At least they all basically meet a certain bar of quality so fans can be pleased.

I think the next film I'm going to see at the cinemas is Arrival.

Single

TF2. Campaign is excellent. Even if you didn't want MP, the Campaign is worth playing.
BF1. Campaign is pretty ordinary. It's basically infinitely-spawning enemies with solemn voice-overs and few checkpoints.

Multi
TF2. Very good but hasn't hit out of the park as much I was expecting. More accurately, I spent most of the weekend playing really, really badly in most matches which is usual, but I used to do OK in TF1 matches so this was a downer. Game itself is great.
BF1. Well, I still played it this weekend. Will be interesting to see if I can play both during the week when my gaming time is more limited. BF1's problem is you can have a really good game, then a really crushingly frustrating game, then good, then frustrating, and so on.

but yeah, fuck EA for the timing of the release of TF2

Just occured to me to give y'all a heads up if anyone is interested
Danoss if you still ever pop in :)

The producer behind The Genius has a new show out at the moment called Society Game.
Bumdidlyumptious is subbing it too.
It's reminiscent of Survivor. Less celebrities than the Genius. I've only watched the first episode so far but I think after getting all the intro out of the way it will get even better from here on out.

I think the next film I'm going to see at the cinemas is Arrival.

Should be good! Seems to be getting good reviews and Denis Villeneuve has a solid track record (Prisoners, Sicario, Enemy dude)

Clipper

The admin team here, which usually sets up sweeps, has changed during the year and nobody bothered to set anything up, it seems.

Hence nothing's happening this year. I wish I'd asked earlier, as I'd have been happy to run the sweeps if I had some time to prepare. Had too many other commitments today to sort things out otherwise.

Recreat3

I never gamble. kind of ruined my parents relationship so i always knew to stay away from it. Glad i did too because my brother is pretty bad with it also.

So i ended up getting skyrim remaster from big w, couldnt help myself. ALso received a message from xbl for all the gears games again even though i got codes in the actual game disc..so if anyone wants some gears codes i have them for all four games.

Half your luck. i just had to cancel our $5 sweep due to an under-subscription. Just $2 and $1 left.

So fancy. Our top one was $2, even had a 50cent one this year.

I never gamble. kind of ruined my parents relationship so i always knew to stay away from it. Glad i did too because my brother is pretty bad with it also.

So i ended up getting skyrim remaster from big w, couldnt help myself. ALso received a message from xbl for all the gears games again even though i got codes in the actual game disc..so if anyone wants some gears codes i have them for all four games.

I'd like gow4 if you'd be so kind.

Dimefan3

I'm slightly happy, made 70 bucks in my office sweep today from picking the winner. That covers some petrol for the weekend.

Recreat3

I'm slightly happy, made 70 bucks in my office sweep today from picking the winner. That covers some petrol for the weekend.

Some petrol? Jeez how much are you driving. My weekly petrol cost is about $50-60 and ic drive 30km round trip a day to work and then about 2-300km on the weekends.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone here have experience with the timeframe involved in getting an Australian Passport? I'm considering paying the extra $120 or however much it is to get it fast-tracked.

Recreat3

Anyone here have experience with the timeframe involved in getting an Australian Passport? I'm considering paying the extra $120 or however much it is to get it fast-tracked.

From memory (dating back a few years now) it was going to take 3 weeks to get mine so i fast tracked it and i got it quite quick. Dont fast track it if you dont need to, save your money. Receiving it in the mail is such a nice feeling. Something about finally getting a passport is so rewarding...especially if its your first one.

I had to get two back in 2013 (loooong story) but it's generally pretty fast without fast-tracking unless you are travelling in three days. If you've left it till the last minute, you might have to eat the fee.

Clipper

I had to get mine renewed last year and didn't fast track. It took about 3 weeks too. Provided your travel is at least a month away, I see no reason to pay the fee.

My wife and kids just got theirs, took 2-3 weeks one the paperwork was sent off. Took three goes to do that lol. Passport photos are ungodly expensive now too.

It usually takes however long they say it takes AT WORST.
I got my last one quicker than what they said it would take. The expedited process is for people who have to travel as an emergency. How pressed are you for time?

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
It usually takes however long they say it takes AT WORST.
I got my last one quicker than what they said it would take. The expedited process is for people who have to travel as an emergency. How pressed are you for time?

I'll be leaving in 5 weeks, so i'm probably good.

Marsh is a shit head and wants to know when people want to drink during PAX.

Yep that sounds like me. Drinks after pax on Friday roughly 7/8 start I guess. Somewhere good, which is probably penny blue or beer deluxe. I have some work dinner thing beforehand. Already in attendance, myself, cods, Rezbit, cruncho, Richard Jones, mte?

Darren870

Yep that sounds like me. Drinks after pax on Friday roughly 7/8 start I guess. Somewhere good, which is probably penny blue or beer deluxe. I have some work dinner thing beforehand. Already in attendance, myself, cods, Rezbit, cruncho, Richard Jones, mte?

I'll come to the drinks. Either is fine by me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom