• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.thespread.com.au/food-drinks/free-skyrim-sweet-roll-bourke-street-bakery/

Skyrim-Free-Sweet-Roll-Bourke-Street-Bakery-2.jpg

They're giving away free Skyrim Sweet Rolls. Sydney.

Jintor

Anyone in here a freelance website backend coder with wordpress experience? Boss somehow got it in his head I know lots of coders... I do, but they're mostly on games or enterprise level stuff...

Cerity

I got thrown into the deep end with a bit of backend stuff. It's definitely interesting learning ruby and sql as I go (on live data nonetheless), luckily they're both languages that are easy to pickup/read.

Stackboy

Plenty of good games out today! Titanfall 2, Skyrim remastered, there's a new Carmageddon game out on PC, I get it for free since I kickstarted the previous one. Going to be good times.

Does anyone else watch Good Game Pocket? I pretty much watch every daily episode. Nichboy the host is great, keeps things really entertaining. Next week they are shooting entirely at Melbourne Games Week and then at PAX Aus.

senahorse

Goddam crazies :(

Superintendent Jim Keogh said the bus pulled into Moorvale Shopping Centre to pick up three more passengers.

"At that time that one of the passengers entered onto the bus and poured a flammable liquid onto the driver and subsequently the driver was set alight and is now deceased," Superintendent Jim Keogh said.

"The fire was substantial, he would have stood little chance.

"Our inquiries indicate it was a rather rapid, a lot of the finer details won't be known for some time."

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-one-dead-and-11-injured-20161028-gsctib.html

Recreat3

Wth is going on? For there to be no motive im calling mental illness. No one in their right mind would do this to some poor person. The world is going crazy.

Shaneus

Jesus fuck. At least they caught the fucker that did it.

What a horrible week for Queensland :(

In better news, it looks like I've bought a house :)

Doctor strange was very enjoyable.

seconded. Any movie where a
cloak
gets great gags is my kind of film.

I did chuckle during the trailers because they had one for a drama called Allied directed by Robert Zemeckis "from the director of Forrest Gump and Flight," when if I was trying to sell this to contemporary audiences, I'd remind them "oh, and Back to the Future 1-3."

Jesus fuck. At least they caught the fucker that did it.

What a horrible week for Queensland :(

In better news, it looks like I've bought a house :)
Congrats to the bank for acquiring another house for their portfolio!

Oh, and also to you for acquiring a debilitating debt!

Doctor strange was very enjoyable.
Yeah I really enjoyed it too. It felt like the middle section was a bit too compressed - they could have gone with a slightly longer running time to flesh that part out if you ask me - and it felt like the central conflict was very rushed, but it was a very good movie despite those things. The actors did a great job, and the visual effects teams did an amazing job making all of the over the top stuff look so believable.

Can anyone recommend a cheap(ish) windows laptop? I'm going overseas soon and have about 56 hours of flying to do(ugh...). I was thinking of selling my Chromebook that I never use and buy a laptop that can run Civ 6. That's a game I feel will soak up some serious flight time. Or maybe Civ 5 if I'm asking too much.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
seconded. Any movie where a
cloak
gets great gags is my kind of film.

I did chuckle during the trailers because they had one for a drama called Allied directed by Robert Zemeckis "from the director of Forrest Gump and Flight," when if I was trying to sell this to contemporary audiences, I'd remind them "oh, and Back to the Future 1-3."

Definitely. My personal favourite was
the whole
youll die defending the world Mr?
Doctor.
Mr doctor?
It's Strange.
Maybe, who am I to judge
cackled for a solid minute. I think I just love
Mads
too much lol

Our trailers were fantastic beasts, rogue one and Assassins creed.

Yeah I really enjoyed it too. It felt like the middle section was a bit too compressed - they could have gone with a slightly longer running time to flesh that part out if you ask me - and it felt like the central conflict was very rushed, but it was a very good movie despite those things. The actors did a great job, and the visual effects teams did an amazing job making all of the over the top stuff look so believable.

Yeah it did feel a smidge rushed there. It's was a beautiful movie though. Even the boyfriend, who has never seen a marvel movie before (he's about to get educated) thought it was a great standalone film.

Rizzi

People seem to be loving Titanfall 2, but I got burned pretty hard on the first one. Any of y'all playing it on PS4?

So is it more than standard marvel cookie cutter origin, just with a wizard?

No idea but they got Dan Harmon to come and funny it up so I'm interested. Speaking of which, anyone going to Bingefest in December? They've a pretty varied bunch of panels and activities, should be a lot of fun. Dan's doing a Harmontown podcast live from there both nights.

People seem to be loving Titanfall 2, but I got burned pretty hard on the first one. Any of y'all playing it on PS4?
I really enjoyed the Beta, but it's just releasing way too close to BF1 for me to find any time for it. I don't know what EA were thinking with that release schedule.

Jintor

fucking cityrail trackwork turned a 20-25 min journey into a 1 hour 10 minute journey instead and i missed the start of dr strange

movie was enjoyable though. not great great, but funny moments, fucking astounding visuals sometimes. didn't think much for the plot really but it was mcu standard 'good enough'

So is it more than standard marvel cookie cutter origin, just with a wizard?

It's a straight forward hero's journey with the obligatory marvel humour. As a character, Strange is occupying the exact half way point between Dr House and Tony Stark. Arrogant sarcastic but almost always correct doctor who is just super amazing at stuff but has some physical defect in his body after the first act of the movie. Tilda is ok but she was a lot better in Constantine as far as supernatural gender bent comic stuff goes.

Film is well executed. If you're not one of those people who is starting to feel like these films are all blurring together you'll probably like it a lot.

Cerity

fucking cityrail trackwork turned a 20-25 min journey into a 1 hour 10 minute journey instead and i missed the start of dr strange

movie was enjoyable though. not great great, but funny moments, fucking astounding visuals sometimes. didn't think much for the plot really but it was mcu standard 'good enough'

If you're in sydney the rail network is in for a few pretty crazy months ahead, from what I've heard the plans for the sydney metro upgrade are..... interesting.

Quasar

It's a straight forward hero's journey with the obligatory marvel humour. As a character, Strange is occupying the exact half way point between Dr House and Tony Stark. Arrogant sarcastic but almost always correct doctor who is just super amazing at stuff but has some physical defect in his body after the first act of the movie. Tilda is ok but she was a lot better in Constantine as far as supernatural gender bent comic stuff goes.

Film is well executed. If you're not one of those people who is starting to feel like these films are all blurring together you'll probably like it a lot.

Well I got sick of em years ago, but hoped with Strange delving into a totally different side of the marvel universe it would be wholly different to the standard Marvel tone and template.

did a fresh install a bit ago and cant recall the addons and scripts i used for greesmonkey in regards to locking down unload events and different things like webpages being able to spawn there own windows anyone have a crash course site of suggested pre made scripts ? there used to be one i could reference but thats long gone

not a huge fan of no script.

MoonGred

Does anyone have any experience with JB hifis game return policy? I checked their website and they'll do a full return if it's unopened which isn't the case for me.
I picked up Titanfall 2 on ps4 on Friday and the game just isn't for me.

Rizzi

Does anyone have any experience with JB hifis game return policy? I checked their website and they'll do a full return if it's unopened which isn't the case for me.
Don't think they'll return it then. This is why we price match from EB.

MoonGred

Don't think they'll return it then. This is why we price match from EB.

Yea that's what I figured. I rarely buy console games and couldn't be bothered with the price match stuff.

Guess I'll just trade it in to EB and hope that I get +-$40 for it!

Yea that's what I figured. I rarely buy console games and couldn't be bothered with the price match stuff.

Guess I'll just trade it in to EB and hope that I get +-$40 for it!

is this a new policy ? and is that just the policy they have on games ?

its pretty difficult to define unopened when buying from jb considering alot of there stuff or at least past tense was re shrink wrapped, on the other hand maybe just talk to one of the guys in the games section at one of the stores ? iv both exchanged and gotten things refunded thro them in the past but not recently :/

Pretty sure you'll be fine as long as you take it in tomorrow.

jambo

I really hope the Foxtel Play relaunch in 2017 will include HD streaming, because I'm watching the F1 Mexico Quali and it looks fucking awful.

$50 a month, glad my brother-in-law is paying for it!

Rizzi

The EA servers shit the bed earlier and it's still affecting their online games (including Titanfall 2 and BF1), so there's probably no need to panic yet.

This was on PS4, and it was the same on Saturday too. The US data centre had 13k people playing on it at the same time. Game is dead on arrival here.

This was on PS4, and it was the same on Saturday too. The US data centre had 13k people playing on it at the same time. Game is dead on arrival here.

I really hoped it would have legs, guess not.

Bf1 is a beast.

Currently online players

PC: 125,673 (24h peak: 145,384)

XBOXONE: 240,109 (24h peak: 241,078)

PS4: 308,514 (24h peak: 328,525)

Total: 674,296

Stackboy

I'm hoping TF2 has legs on PC, hope I haven't bought on the wrong system, really loving the game both MP and SP.

Saw Dr Strange yesterday. I really liked it, wasn't incredible but a fun ride. Go see it if you like Marvel movies.

Clipper

It seems they've created a name that can't be shortened with Titanfall 2.

T2 = Terminator 2: Judgment Day
TF2 = Team Fortress 2
TiFa 2 = Are they making another spin-off for FF7?
TiF 2 = Oh, it's a new image format
TitFall 2 = What happens as a women enters her senior years...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom