• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recreat3

Darling Harbour is certainly overpriced but there's a metric fucktonne of amazing restaurants in that area man.

http://www.sydney.com/destinations/sydney/sydney-city/darling-harbour/restaurants

I have only been to a few so i guess im generalising a bit. Crinitis is a no go. I have been to the darling harbour one and the one in manly..both not worth it. And i went to a couple of others. Food was ok but service was abysmal. I did however go to meat and wine co years ago and it was very good.

I still think you are better off going to newtown or surry hills. Newtown especially..so many different cuisines to choose from.

T-0800

Does anyone know if there are any restrictions on the game you can trade in with your current PS4 to get a Pro from EB? I have FIFA 15 and 14 and would like to trade 14 in. No point having both.

N0VAM0D

Oh hey guys, sorry for the irregular drop ins, I can barely keep up anymore! Been super busy with work and just life things in general. Hope you've all been good.

Lately I've been thinking about making the move either back to Sydney or even take the big leap to Melbourne. Newcastle is pretty bad in general for creative job opportunities (graphic design is my main field, but I do a bit of music journalism too), and I'm hoping to attempt to get some proper work in either of those areas by at least late next year. Advice?

On a side note, I'm going to my first music festival ever tomorrow and I am heaps keen but also a bit spooked.
Advice?

On a side note, I'm going to my first music festival ever tomorrow and I am heaps keen but also a bit spooked.
Advice?
You'll have a great time :)

Check the weather forecast because you'll be in the elements all day (obviously). For the really big festivals you can almost guarantee that the mobile networks will be overloaded, so it helps to have made prior meetup plans with your friends (because you can't rely on texts/calls during the day), especially if your group is going to split up to see different acts at various points. But I don't know of any big ones today, so you should be good to go :)

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
That was a amusing night.

where's my group shots?

is lucian still the only girl like that one time it was, like, just shan

There was only one girl and it happened to be Marshmellows co-worker not a gaffer.

Jintor

General callout if anyone is or knows anyone heavy into eSports gambling or betting in any form in Australia, could they get in touch with me. PM pls. Working on an article.

N0VAM0D

You'll have a great time :)

Check the weather forecast because you'll be in the elements all day (obviously). For the really big festivals you can almost guarantee that the mobile networks will be overloaded, so it helps to have made prior meetup plans with your friends (because you can't rely on texts/calls during the day), especially if your group is going to split up to see different acts at various points. But I don't know of any big ones today, so you should be good to go :)

Good shoes and socks are a must at festivals, also a sealed bottle of water.

Thanks guys! It's gonna hit around 30 apparently, and I'm wearing my Doc Martens and as little clothing as possible, hahaha! Hoping for a good time.

r1chard

Yep it was a great panel. They were three academics in various game design related areas and they deconstructed the game itself and then the response to the game. It wasn't just a whinge fest (except when the bloody "I'm from reddit" guy got on the question mic...)

Shaneus

Yep it was a great panel. They were three academics in various game design related areas and they deconstructed the game itself and then the response to the game. It wasn't just a whinge fest (except when the bloody "I'm from reddit" guy got on the question mic...)
Oh, of course he did! Do you know if it was recorded/streamed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom