• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoss

So. At least we don't have to be as embarrassed about Prime Minister Abbott now I guess?

I can't think of anything else positive to say :/

He at least makes a good troll-face emoticon on Twitch.

Rezbit

It's such a shame that the world as a whole is moving toward hate and divisiveness. Whether it's Trump being president, Brexit, Turkey, the Middle East, heck even Australia with giving One Nation any semblance of power - it sucks that people are believing the hate being spouted. It sucks that people can't be cool to each other.

Also - we are truly in the age of anti-facts.

Cerity

I think it's that specific group of people who don't feel at home in their country anymore TBH. The country, population and people that represent them change and moves forward while that specific part of the population seeks to the stay the same - or they're just exposed to certain parts of the change through media (fox news...).

I'm seriously hoping we see a reversal in the next 10-15 years otherwise it is going to be a bleak future indeed. I'm already frustrated enough with the current future of Australia.

Quasar

Well I expected more out of the US than brexit style idiocy. Here's hoping congress is not helpful in implementing his insanity.

jambo

Well I expected more out of the US than brexit style idiocy. Here's hoping congress is not helpful in implementing his insanity.

Republicans will most likely win both houses...

And then put a super conservative in to the Supreme Court...

So...

Fuck.

Darren870

Darren, are you OK?

Shit's fucking bleak.

I'm rolling my eyes here. I've been watching it all day. At least Karl Stefanovic has been covering it well. Making me laugh. Had some great zingers earlier.

I really can't believe he is going to be the next American President.

jambo

Though more than a few were anti-trump.

I think the thing people need to realise is that the real issue isn't Trump and his whacky ideas, it's the Republicans repealing a bunch of important progressive shit

Healthcare
Marriage Equality
Any LGBT rights
Roe vs. Wade (abortion)
Any action on climate change

This is the real worry of the next 4 years.

My Woolies co-workers and store manager are taking bets on when Drumpf first assassination attempt will happen.

Depends entirely on when the GOP get sick of his shit. Only if he starts to impact their seats will they care. No one will take a shot until then. So probably 3.5 years lol.

Republicans will most likely win both houses...

And then put a super conservative in to the Supreme Court...

So...

Fuck.

Yep so much of this result is about the Supreme Court. I've seen plenty of republicans say they hated Trump but they didn't want a Democratic nominee on the court.

At least it will keep Alec Baldwin in work.

Depends entirely on when the GOP get sick of his shit. Only if he starts to impact their seats will they care. No one will take a shot until then. So probably 3.5 years lol.

He's still tremendously unpopular in the grand scheme of things and has a litany of promises completely impossible to fulfill. The Dems should win the senate in 2 years and moderate him and until then you just have to hope the 'never trumps' don't roll over too much.

oipic

The fucking scotus, lost for a generation to come perhaps

Indeed, you're right, Jint. The knock-on effect of this clusterfuck concerns me greatly.

Really need a hug and to be told that everything is going to be okay.

Haven't consumed multiple beers on a Wednesday (or posted in AusGAF) for a long time - desperate times, etc.

Fusebox

Banned
Not bricking it for the result, Clinton will shit it in. More how Trump will handle the loss, and whether or not he'll gracefully concede.

Ooooh.... :(

Lol from that article...

An alleged accomplice then places a snag into a receptacle which is connected to the drone by a string. It is unclear if the man asked for onions.

That really needs to be followed up. Bunnings snag with no onions should be an additional fine.

Fusebox

Banned
From one of today's SMH articles...

Reports from Trump Tower in New York on Tuesday evening saw crowds of thousands chanting: "We hate Muslims, we hate blacks, we want our great country back". That crowd was said to extend into the thousands.

Debunked as fake about 12 hours ago tho...

Seems like stores handled the mini nes launch well. By well I mean staff snagging them all first and people sprinting through stores to get one. Hilarious stuff. Nintendo really have a lock on nostalgia at the moment.

I'm worried about being able to walk away with a new PS4 today when I return mine to JB. Someone mentioned the warranty is actually handled by an external company, so I can't just waltz into a store and replace it. What the fuck is that all about?

If I can't get one today I'll be pretty pissed off. I want to play Dishonored 2 damnit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom