• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Jintor

pparently controller support is coming, just not in the initial release. Everyone should check it out, regardless of whether you want the game. To see something like that running in a browser is pretty impressive in my books.

Oh wait, it's running in a browser? Shit, I missed that the first time.

Kritz

Banned
We could meet down at Salamanca for some afternoon beers? Lots of pubs. Customs House or Knopwoods or something. Or be bums and buy a carton of beer and sit on the lawn.

Or we could could go to the Cinema and play shitty old arcade games!

Could start at the cinema and walk down if people have a hard-on for bad arcade games.

Edit 2: Also doesn't seem to support controllers, which is expected I guess.

Bastion on Steam totally supports my 360 pad.

I was supposed to go to Toronto and Vancouver to visit relatives around now, but I refused to go because I did not want to freeze my ass off! Last time I went during this time it got down to -20:/

Also, I'm 25 today. I don't feel old, and I don't think I look that old, but I know I'm old because I have to start paying for my own health insurance from today. No more leaching off parents:(

Happy birthday.

midonnay

its only a matter of time I think until they do collect tax on online purchases.

The argument is usually that its not worth the effort for the ATO to scrutinise every parcel.... but it falls flat when you consider that they do it in places like Europe.

Choc

Banned
Rockstar are the worst fucking PC developres in the world, fuck them.

I have now bought bully and EFLC and both GPF

Bully on load after first cut scene

EFLC on first load

so uh yeah good job you arsehole housers, good job. Its a good thing Red Dead isnt on PC

and whats the fucking deal with me not being able to turn hardware DEP off for EFLC for troubleshooting

Dan houser, you might be swimming in money, but fuck you and sort yoru FUCKING PC SHIT OUT.

i have the hardware it wants, especially bully (a ps2 game come on....) so what the fuck. Ive tried drivers, verifying cache, rebooting, adding registry entries, the lot

but no

FUCK YOU ROCKSTAR. FUCK. YOU.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
This is the lamest Christmas party I have ever been too. There's fuck all on the tab, it only gets you beer, wine and champaign. Smirnoff blacks are $12 a bottle.

I'm getting the fuck out of here soon.

markot

Banned

I have now bought bully and EFLC and both GPF

Bully on load after first cut scene

EFLC on first load

so uh yeah good job you arsehole housers, good job. Its a good thing Red Dead isnt on PC

and whats the fucking deal with me not being able to turn hardware DEP off for EFLC for troubleshooting

Dan houser, you might be swimming in money, but fuck you and sort yoru FUCKING PC SHIT OUT.

i have the hardware it wants, especially bully (a ps2 game come on....) so what the fuck. Ive tried drivers, verifying cache, rebooting, adding registry entries, the lot

but no

I dont understand 80% of your post. So you bought Bully.... and then shit happened?

And yeah, Rockstar is to PC as Rockstar is to PC. (They are so bad that they are the bad template!)

Choc

Banned
no i bought bully and it crashes on load

then i got EFLC on sale and it crashes on load

ergo dan houser is a dickhead

Yagharek

Choc: they are second worst. Bethesda exist.

At least Hughes can go back and work on his game in the Sheffield Shield now.

Oh wait there are no games for two months because of the Big Bash gg Cricket Australia!

If the selectors are smart, the Hughes experiment will be declared as failed. He had promise, and did nothing. They've given him enough chances.

This is the lamest Christmas party I have ever been too. There's fuck all on the tab, it only gets you beer, wine and champaign. Smirnoff blacks are $12 a bottle.

Same reason I'm going to Melbourne next weekend rather than my office xmas party, 3 hour bar tab and only beer/wine. Fuck that noise, rather go get drunk in Melbourne with some fun people.

lulz
After the whole GTA4 PC debacle you should have known choc.

Choc: they are second worst. Bethesda exist.
Bethesda take a lot more scope in their games and at the very least offer modding tools so the possibility of the game you stupidly bought will one day function as it should is much more likely. Rockstar just take the cheap route by the looks of it.

Kritz

Banned
So I kinda decided that in its current state that Rage review is too shit to really be on the channel. I'm going to rework the script and put up a better version over the weekend.

Yagharek

Bethesda take a lot more scope in their games and at the very least offer modding tools so the possibility of the game you stupidly bought will one day function as it should is much more likely. Rockstar just take the cheap route by the looks of it.

I dont think scope is a valid excuse when other big games exist without all the coding problems. You cant give credit to Bethesda for their PC games. The credit has to go to all the modders who fix it.

You should jump on a $49 cap with the Galaxy S2 cod :)

Dead Rising 2 Off The Record on PS3/360 for $28! Never grabbed the vanilla game so looking forward to cheevo grinding zombies with the ace war reporter. Also more video game heroes should have hair that makes me feel more empowered about my thinning top :(

I dont think scope is a valid excuse when other big games exist without all the coding problems. You cant give credit to Bethesda for their PC games. The credit has to go to all the modders who fix it.

Not an excuse at all. Just makes me think that Rockstar are worse to PC gamers than Bethesda.

You know its bad when you have time to browse ausgaf.

Speaking of xmas parties, work is throwing an xmas lunch. Judging by the email it will be shit, however it will be better then having to work. The one after work on I was complaining about turns out to be run by the social club. I didn't even know we had a social club.

So you guys in Melbourne have any idea what kind of IMAX theatres they are? Only 2 in Australia are getting the 7 minute TDKR prologue, it isn't screening in Digital theatres apparently. The press release says one is the Darling Harbour one in Sydney but no word on the other. I think I have to go see this prologue lest I freeze myself until next June.

The theatres in Melbourne are IMAX Melbourne, Melbourne Museum and Hoyts IMAX Theatre, Hoyts Highpoint.

guidop

So you guys in Melbourne have any idea what kind of IMAX theatres they are? Only 2 in Australia are getting the 7 minute TDKR prologue, it isn't screening in Digital theatres apparently. The press release says one is the Darling Harbour one in Sydney but no word on the other. I think I have to go see this prologue lest I freeze myself until next June.

The theatres in Melbourne are IMAX Melbourne, Melbourne Museum and Hoyts IMAX Theatre, Hoyts Highpoint.

IMAX Melbourne is the Melbourne Museum, I'm pretty sure. It is an okay cinema seen 3 or 4 films there not the most comfortable though. Just went on the Hoyts website and the only IMAX cinema they have is at Highpoint. So I'm assuming that it is playing at 2 cinemas and going by your sentence it is name then place

edit: whoops think i just totally misunderstood what you just said, sry

The 2 in Melbourne are at the Museum and the Hoyts one in Highpoint, I should have reformatted that copy paste from the wiki. Neither sites bother to tell me if they are digital or a normal 15/70. Or anything about the prologue.

only 2 in australia? what the fuck?
Only showing it at cinemas with the standard 15/70 film, no digital ones. The biggest one in the world, in Sydney, is one. Not sure of the other. Hoping it is in Melbourne!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So it wasnt all bad, drinking clearly helps. Everyone was in their click I guess, no one deviated much from that except the very social ones.

The girls though, good lord. If only I hit the gym and wore Ed hardy I would be in with a shot.

An interesting adventure, nothing outstanding though except the fact I need to become awesome and interesting in conversation otherwise I'm fucked.

Top Bottom