• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Fredescu

i didnt say that, i siad i fully support our conditions. In comparison i na globalised environment though it makse it very hard to justify
I agree with that, it's the "fault" part that implies our minimum conditions are a negative. They're a positive with some foreign investment implications.

That's probably it. I was under the impression it used to be tied to some kind of game mechanic, but it sounds like it was dropped a few preview builds before launch.

You could go to a Hive in the middle of an infected area (usually like 4-5 square blocks of NY) and shoot the shit out of it until it collapsed. This would lift the infection in that region for small amount of time before it came back. As you progress through the game it gets to the point where most of the island is infected, never did try blowing up all the hives around the endgame.

Jintor is in Canada?

Must be for a bioware reveal
C&C Space Generals

EA's response to the Activision/Blizzard juggernaut of Starcraft 2.

Jintor

I think the reason I like Skyrim's lock-picking is because it successfully conveys the feeling of 'feeling out' a lock to determine exactly how to break it (I need to study more IRL lockpicking, I used to try it with those tumbler locks you could pick by 'feeling out' the combos but I haven't seen one of those in years). The unfortunate consequence is that the difficulty isn't related to your actual RPG in-game score which is supposed to determine how good you are at it. It's something like ludo-ludo dissonance.

giri

You could go to a Hive in the middle of an infected area (usually like 4-5 square blocks of NY) and shoot the shit out of it until it collapsed. This would lift the infection in that region for small amount of time before it came back. As you progress through the game it gets to the point where most of the island is infected, never did try blowing up all the hives around the endgame.

C&C Space Generals

EA's response to the Activision/Blizzard juggernaut of Starcraft 2.

SC2 is so good.

It also might be the best spectator E-Sport in the world.

With good commentary it is very easy to follow whats going on, with out even playing.

Shaneus

Everyone with an iPhone should buy Radballs. NOW. Awesome soundtrack and the gameplay mechanic is clearly inspired (but does NOT rip off) Lumines. The aesthetic is also as good as, if not better than, Q?'s game.

Choc

Banned
seriously considering a tab 10.1

good job apple you've made me interested in a competitor as you think its as good as your pad

Choc

Banned
oh wow the smack continues

samsung awarded costs vs apple by high court for entire battle

wow, apple just got fucked over. Costs means it should never have got that far in the first place

Quick question AusGAF.

A colleague of mine wants to start watching Dr Who and wants to know where to start. He assumes I know because I'm a nerd, but I've never watched it in my life.

I know there was a similar conversation here a while back but I can't find it... What should I tell him?

So how do I find out when I can update my Optus Samsung Galaxy S2 to ICS? No idea about firmware stuff.a
ICS hasn't been released yet, i don't think?

not until the new nexus is public.
The Nexus has been out since last week, the ASOP code was also released a week or two ago. Samsung has suggested ICS support for the S II will come out in Q1 2012, but if you're in a hurry I would start looking at XDA Developers if you're eager.

Jintor

Aha! But Bioware is in Edmonton not Vancouver. (I think that's right?)

As far as I know, EA has moved all stategy games under the Bioware label. And yeah, I'm not visiting Bioware. (I think given my line of questioning it's pretty clear who I'm here to see).

Congratulations on your first legitimate blacklisting! Question: why in this case were the journalist's identities protected? Just curious, my brain is a little full to process at the moment.

Deeku

I was supposed to go to Toronto and Vancouver to visit relatives around now, but I refused to go because I did not want to freeze my ass off! Last time I went during this time it got down to -20:/

Also, I'm 25 today. I don't feel old, and I don't think I look that old, but I know I'm old because I have to start paying for my own health insurance from today. No more leaching off parents:(

Lol
Wendy Wendt

If he wasn't such a d bag he'd be a gold mine of hilarity.

Unfortunately the boss isn't too keen to do a story about it all. And if he was I'd imagine the guy who was named as already being blacklisted would be doing it. The whole thing just shows how much of a self entitled knob he is

I was supposed to go to Toronto and Vancouver to visit relatives around now, but I refused to go because I did not want to freeze my ass off! Last time I went during this time it got down to -20:/

Also, I'm 25 today. I don't feel old, and I don't think I look that old, but I know I'm old because I have to start paying for my own health insurance from today. No more leaching off parents:(

this is when i will define me being an adult.

happy birthday deek!

giri

seriously considering a tab 10.1

good job apple you've made me interested in a competitor as you think its as good as your pad

oh wow the smack continues

samsung awarded costs vs apple by high court for entire battle

wow, apple just got fucked over. Costs means it should never have got that far in the first place

Same, i'm now interested in the Tab. And that was always very much on the cards, apple were warned at the very start that they would be up for costs & damages, including potentially lost sales.

The Nexus has been out since last week, the ASOP code was also released a week or two ago. Samsung has suggested ICS support for the S II will come out in Q1 2012, but if you're in a hurry I would start looking at XDA Developers if you're eager.

Ahh

For sale in AU yet? (the nexus).

I'm leaning more towards the S2, as the nexus seems xbox big.

Yagharek

For once i feel sorry for gerry

Consumer watchdog slugs retailer more than $1 million for advertising 3D TV sets in areas with no programming coverage

because tv is the only way to see 3d, smh fucking seriously......

Wouldnt that area be the whole country now? They'll have to fine people who sell HD sets too, let alone 3D.

jambo

Only a miracle if they are Chicken Crimpy.

All other shapes are unacceptable IMO.

This mother fucker knows what's up!

tOb6t.gif

giri

you want xbox big get the galaxy note

seriously, guy here has it, its insanely big

lol

IMO, smart phones are getting TOO big. i don't really want to have to buy a new bag jsut to fit my phone.

Fuck yes half full packet of shapes in my drawer, it's a Christmas miracle.
you could always have asked someone to loan you the $15 for lunch or what ever :p

Top Bottom