• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

The 2 in Melbourne are at the Museum and the Hoyts one in Highpoint, I should have reformatted that copy paste from the wiki. Neither sites bother to tell me if they are digital or a normal 15/70. Or anything about the prologue.

Don't even bother going to the highpoint imax. It's more expensive than the museum imax, smaller screen and seats are uncomfortable.

Museum one is 3rd biggest in the world.

My finger was hovering over the purchase button yesterday as I'd had just about enough with my phone, but then I heard Optus and possibly Telstra will be selling it locally.

Telstra more likely, since they've partnered with google. They've opened up 'Androidland' in the cbd, similar to apple stores.

I want the big screen and aren't really interested in buying another Gingerbread-based phone if I can help it. The price is tempting but I know I'd probably be better off getting the Nexus or inevitable SIII.

Get the Samsung Note if you want a bigger screen (5.3").

I've had a look at both Note and Nexus prime, Note looks fantastic and it will be getting the ICS update in jan-feb. No real point in getting the prime simply for ICS. Note beats it in every other feature.

guidop

So it wasnt all bad, drinking clearly helps. Everyone was in their click I guess, no one deviated much from that except the very social ones.

The girls though, good lord. If only I hit the gym and wore Ed hardy I would be in with a shot.

An interesting adventure, nothing outstanding though except the fact I need to become awesome and interesting in conversation otherwise I'm fucked.

You would only be attracting the wrong type of women. If dumb as a door knob is an attractive feature then by all means wear Ed Hardy, women with any semblance of style, taste and dignity dry retch in the vincinity of said brand and its wearers.

Up next tribal tattoos rant

I need to become awesome and interesting in conversation otherwise I'm fucked.
Booze helps. Unless it's too much.

I've had a look at both Note and Nexus prime, Note looks fantastic and it will be getting the ICS update in jan-feb. No real point in getting the prime simply for ICS. Note beats it in every other feature.
The Note looks too big. The reason you get a Nexus is because Google actually pushes updates to those unlike other devices where you have to wait for the manufacturer's whim.

That said they didn't update the Nexus One nearly enough.

Shaneus

Friday night check-in:
Community? Fucking awesome. Such a shame it's going on hiatus. For so damn long, too :(
The League? Also fucking awesome. Pleased to report that Eliza Dushku is still looking fucking fantastic. Lastly, great to see a cameo by Conan writer Deon Cole.

Boken

Banned
You would only be attracting the wrong type of women. If dumb as a door knob is an attractive feature then by all means wear Ed Hardy, women with any semblance of style, taste and dignity dry retch in the vincinity of said brand and its wearers.

Up next tribal tattoos rant

This man know's what's up.

Salazar

Booze helps. Unless it's too much.

Need a mate to grab you, apologise, and feign conversation with you when you are passing out of the amazingly charming phase.

I am gradually getting better at riding the booze charisma train and getting off before it crashes.

The Note looks too big. The reason you get a Nexus is because Google actually pushes updates to those unlike other devices where you have to wait for the manufacturer's whim.

It looks too big, but once you start using it, it feels normal. Looks a bit weird only while answering calls.

Samsung makes Google phones. So they will be pushing updates on their own handsets for sure...that's what they said in their latest press release or something...ICS was confirmed for S2 and Note for jan-feb.

giri

It looks too big, but once you start using it, it feels normal. Looks a bit weird only while answering calls.

Samsung makes Google phones. So they will be pushing updates on their own handsets for sure...that's what they said in their latest press release or something...ICS was confirmed for S2 and Note for jan-feb.

The dif between getting a nexus and a manufacturer supported phone though is, the manufacturer might do the next iteration, yes, but google will put out new updates for ever (as long as the hardware can run it).

Jintor

Looking forward to picking up Community s2 when I get home. I saw it in a HMV here but I figured why buy stuff here for the same price as back home? I should spend my canuck dollars on other things.

7am in Vancouver is relatively dark. A real country should be bright by 6am!

The Nexus is a Google phone, despite the hardware being manufactured by Samsung. Based on history, don't expect to see ICS until March. I waited so long for an update to 2.0 with my HTC Hero I ended up going to xda-developers and did it myself.

Is anyone buying The Old Republic?
Is it even coming out here?

Jintor

Fucking release Game Dev Story 2 already Kairosoft

and do it on a dedicated games console as well. My android phone is struggling to play world cruise story at any decent level

In other news, I just got back from Radical Entertainment and [snip! - ed]

In other news, I just got back from Radical Entertainment and [snip! - ed]
Trailer looks okay, I'm just disappointed that they replaced generic hoody-douche for a even more generic angry-bald-military-twat. Looks to me like they're using the tried-and-tested multiple zone mechanic to avoid the cabin fever that set in - at least for me - on the first game due to the smallish play area. I don't think it's going to set the world on fire but I'm only going on the trailer, which really did nothing to differentiate itself from its predecessor.

Will play.

Can you comment on it in any way, even to the extent of meh/woo/homina-homina-homina?

Kritz

Banned
KRITZ ARE YOU OKAY?

Post a random comedic image if you are okay?

klOym.png

Jintor

Can you comment on it in any way, even to the extent of meh/woo/homina-homina-homina?

I'm looking over the NDA now. But probably not. I don't think the NDA itself is embargoed (technically speaking the Arkham City review's NDA was itself embargoed, which is ridiculous) but basically I can't speak as to hands-on online until, like next year, and that's probably all you want to know right now.

I got some pretty interesting interviews out of it, personally speaking.

Gazunta

Beta testing some new Minter games. YES.

The EULA made me laugh. "You should carefully read the following terms and conditions before using this software. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH ..."

Love these guys.

Axiom

Is anyone buying The Old Republic?

Yup, but I am also a Playstation Plus member, pre-ordered a Vita and take a girl at her word when she says she's on the pill, so I am very much a Fox Mulder 'I want to believe' type with certain things.

That said, I had fun in the beta*

*I also had fun in the Star Trek Online beta

Beta testing some new Minter games. YES.

The EULA made me laugh. "You should carefully read the following terms and conditions before using this software. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH ..."

Love these guys.

Gotta love people having a sense of humour.

Also the waves were pumping this morning. About time. And even better as it was overcast/raining everyone stayed the fuck away. Good times.

I'm looking over the NDA now. But probably not. I don't think the NDA itself is embargoed (technically speaking the Arkham City review's NDA was itself embargoed, which is ridiculous) but basically I can't speak as to hands-on online until, like next year, and that's probably all you want to know right now.

I got some pretty interesting interviews out of it, personally speaking.
I'm glad to hear that you the trip has been personally rewarding.

I am saddened to hear that NDAs are written as such to prevent people from even saying single word impressions. Double saddened to think that NDAs have embargoes. I assume we are not far off of having NDAs about the embargoes about speaking of the NDAs.

Bus etiquette is at an all-time low in Tasmania, with everyone from bus drivers to pregnant women at the mercy of the ill-mannered.

Bus drivers are concerned about a sharp rise in rudeness, as well as violence, on public transport.

Even a pregnant woman was recently verbally abused, rather than offered a seat, on a Metro bus in Hobart.

Tsk tsk....shame on you Kritz.

Shaneus

Motherfucking PC bits BOUGHT. i5-2500K, Ripclaw G.Skill 1600MHz balls-out RAM, AsROCK EXTREEEMEE3 Gen3 and the HR-20 MACHO CPU heatsink.

My PC is quite possibly the most masculine machine ever build. Moreso than Randy Savage.

Kritz

Banned
Actual Review: RAGE

http://youtu.be/rAS5fo7cg2M

So, yeah. There was a bit of trouble with this review. I was really unhappy with how the first review came out in terms of actual writing and voicing - it was way too pretentious and obnoxious with me trying to play on the "hardship of professional reviewers". I streamlined a lot of that stuff and cut about 20 seconds from the video.

So, in the end, I think I'm happy with this redone version. It's less wanky, although a bit too Sterling. Decent tradeoff.

very good stuff, Mr Kritz

if you want to reduce the echo or room sound when you record the audio, cover up shiny surfaces (like glass doors or mirrors) with heavy curtains or blankets, particularly behind where you record the voice. Or if you have a laptop and a large wardrobe filled with clothes, record in there. Also, inside a parked sedan in a garage in a relatively modern car (like last 20 years) can be good.

Kritz

Banned
CHRISTMAS SHOPPING PANIC STUFF

I am looking for this book:
Chess Exam: Matches Against Legends - You Vs. Fischer

I need it to arrive before christmas. Amazon and bookdepo are past their xmas arrival date for that stuff.

Anyone know any local online retailers or physical retailers that have websites where I can check stock online?

Bus etiquette is at an all-time low in Tasmania, with everyone from bus drivers to pregnant women at the mercy of the ill-mannered.

Bus drivers are concerned about a sharp rise in rudeness, as well as violence, on public transport.

Even a pregnant woman was recently verbally abused, rather than offered a seat, on a Metro bus in Hobart.
That's equality for you.

In this day and age no one is spared from people being jerks.

SF
Ride a trolley.
Visit Musee Mecanique.
Eat chowder from a bread bowl.
Go to Alcatraz on the 8am ferry.
Walk on the Golden Gate bridge.
Eat at a tacqueria in the Tenderloin.

SF
Ride a trolley.
Visit Musee Mecanique.
Eat chowder from a bread bowl.
Go to Alcatraz on the 8am ferry.
Walk on the Golden Gate bridge.
Eat at a tacqueria in the Tenderloin.

Cool.
Alcatraz was the only touristy thing I've done in SF when I was there once previously for business. It's cook but I don't need to go back.
We'd already planned to do the Golden Gate walk and my wife will try the chowder at Fisherman's Wharf (I'm not big on seafood).

So far we're also planning to drive to Silicon Valley (Computer History Museum and other stuff) and Napa Valley (wine country) after a week in SF in early March.

midonnay

Telstra's customer database was able to be accessed by a simple google search....no biggie >_>

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/mo...illion-customers/story-fn7x8me2-1226218546469

The personal details of customers were exposed on the internet after an internal search system used by the telecommunications giant's customer service staff was made public.

The site listed customers on bundle plans and included their names, plan types, email addresses and passwords, and any contact they had had with Telstra customer service staff.

A web user found the site after googling a Telstra customer service phone number yesterday afternoon. They then posted it on a forum.

Top Bottom