• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Yagharek

Wait, did reptile just defend Enslaved?!

100872_D0216b.jpg

Can someone avatarise this for me?

where did all the avatars go ? D:

question: I caught my little brother bragging to his friends that he bought some MA games yesterday at EB games and they didn't ask him for ID (he's 13). Would it be weird and overbearing if I called up the store to complain? Its mostly on principle, since it bugs the hell out of me that kids are playing games they shouldn't. Usually the parents are at fault for not paying attention to the game/ not caring, but when the store is part of the problem, in my view its a much bigger issue...

Wait, did reptile just defend Enslaved?!

Can someone avatarise this for me?
Not at all. Enslaved was indeed boring and mundane. The epitome of a 3/5 game. Executed well enough but nothing new.

Also
100872_d0216burks2.jpg

question: I caught my little brother bragging to his friends that he bought some MA games yesterday at EB games and they didn't ask him for ID (he's 13). Would it be weird and overbearing if I called up the store to complain? Its mostly on principle, since it bugs the hell out of me that kids are playing games they shouldn't. Usually the parents are at fault for not paying attention to the game/ not caring, but when the store is part of the problem, in my view its a much bigger issue...
Call them up and complain. Not cool at all. I know employees are sick of asking kids for their parent then being a cunt to them and telling them their kid can play whatever they want but it needs to be done. A 13 year old should not be playing COD unless the parent knows about it and will deal with it appropriately.

Deeku

Make sure your brother wasn't making stuff up to sound cool though! EB are usually pretty good with making sure kiddies don't buy MA games by themselves.

My beast (or alien) has arrived.

Came with Logitech DarkField wireless kbd mouse combo, $2000 worth of PC games (incl latest titles like Skyrim) and a free ebook reader.

All in all worth well over 5000 bucks.

I paid 1200.
3AQmK.gif

Awards show! Didn't get to watch it unfold. Hopefully find a download link.

Bioshock Infinite trailer was nothing new or special. Covered the same ground as before aside from showing off a leap attack.

Fortnite looks great! Will hold off on applause until gameplay trailer comes out but nice to see Epic FINALLY mixing things up again. Their shooters have been bland and played out since 1998 (or 2004 if you are into that MP stuff).

Where did avatars go? Did I miss something?
Just taken down for today to avoid 505 errors with all the extra VGA related traffic.

guidop

Meh, he's not doing drugs. The lesson to teach here is not to brag imo

I have young cousins and know kids of people, not even in their teens and playing games like gta, duke nukem etc. Off course it's a different story in India, there is no law or ratings system and parents are ignorant.

But violent video games lead to violent behaviour and probably drugs!

I will accept that as sarcasm and excuse you because it was your birthday.

I have young cousins and know kids of people, not even in their teens and playing games like gta, duke nukem etc. Off course it's a different story in India, there is no law or ratings system and parents are ignorant.

I will accept that as sarcasm and excuse you because it was your birthday.

ooh, its commandergeek's birthday?

To be honest I gave up on trying to stop him playing MA games a while ago. My dad keeps buying him them, so there's not much I can do =/ I am still mad with EB though. They should be checking IDs, and he does not look 15 at all. Its really slack on their part, to say the least.

Dragon Tattoo soundtrack is fantastic as expected.

Metal Gear Rising Revengence looks like a lot of fun. Basically throwing together Bayonetta, Vanquish and Metal Gear. Should be entertaining at the very least. Smothered in cheese.

Tony Hawk HD looks like a must have. Been saying for a long time now that I just want the first 3 games in HD along with online.

The Last Of Us looks great. New IP from Naughty Dog which was unexpected. Where is my Unkarted?!?

C&C Generals 2 looks as expected. Why the hell are they advertising a game for 2013 though? What is the point? Same thing happened with Bioshock Infinite. Can't see it making it more likely to sell more copies.

Mass Effect 3 trailer made me throw up a bit. Seems like a reskinned Gears of War. Looks great visually but that swipe at the end was concerning, not sure about the change in action towards melee combat. So now the worms are on our team? Makes sense since the Reapers want to reboot existence.

Rainbow 6 Patriots seems to have a decent story. Wait? 2013? What the hell! I don't give a shit about a game that I might not even have fingers for at that point! Plus isn't the Xbox 720 out by then?

Alan Wake looked eh. Sounded great though, love the idea behind it, especially since I loved that kind of stuff in the Max Payne games. Won't fool me twice though. Will pick up at super bomba prices if everyone praises it.

Choc

Banned
Wake is an XBLA game will start at bomba price

Shan once R18 is in place there will be actually some strong laws against selling to minors, like $100,000 fines as we have with smokes and booze

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I thought Enslaved was pretty enjoyable. It had some big problems, but it was super charming.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I spent -- like -- a week working that game into as many of my posts as I could.

My beast (or alien) has arrived.

Came with Logitech DarkField wireless kbd mouse combo, $2000 worth of PC games (incl latest titles like Skyrim) and a free ebook reader.

All in all worth well over 5000 bucks.

I paid 1200.
3AQmK.gif

Wut.

The lappy is... interesting. Will certainly turn heads.

Everyone. ABC2. Now. Spellbound is on, it's a doco on US spelling bees. Can vouch that it's awesome.

Ah fuck. Was at work. When I was in Year 8 at school we watched it but I wasn't paying attention so I'll have to iView that shiz.

Dragon Tattoo soundtrack is fantastic as expected.

Thanks for reminding me! I got sent the link the other day but didn't get round to download it. I know, it's so much effort to open gmail and click a link. :)

I've been meaning to listen to the Facebook soundtrack too.

hamchan

Have you read The Way of Kings yet? If not you definitely should, it is probably my favourite Sanderson novel.
I'm reading it now and I'm liking it! Only one act down, 15% through the book, and I'm eager to find out what happens next. The world Sanderson is building in the book seems like it's gonna be huge, since I still don't have any idea about what happened in the prologue or about the powers or special armour and swords people have. If he follows through with his 10 novel plan I'll be 30-something years old by the time he finishes it, assuming he writes a novel a year since he's a writing beast :D

Fuck me. Just watched the season 2 premiere of the TV series 'How to Make it in America'. That shit cray.

I think I've seen it mentioned before 'round these parts by Shaneus iirc. Man this show is so cool. It is THE show to live vicariously through. It doesn't seem to be self-aware of how hard it is trying to be cool which knocks a few points off in my books but it's so fucking cool that I let it slide without repercussion.

The premise is two best mates from NYC starting a fashion label from scratch cause it's America baby. Cue hipster photos and swag spurting from ever corner. Also include cool music like Cut Copy and Avicii.

Started watching it last week and I'm already up to S02E02. It's just good fun.

Does any channel have a track record as good as HBO? golfham.

edit: WHEN ARE AVATARS COMING BACK?!?!?

edit2: Oh and I forgot to mention it's exec-produced by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch. I like it better than Entourage.

edit3: aww shit.they have mixtapes of the music from the show fuck yeah

Darklord

Banned
I have a Galaxy S2 and it has hubs when you first get it. Reading hub, music hub, ect. Are they safe? And Samsung apps too. I'm just asking cause one of them wanted access to EVERYTHING. Contacts, caller ID'd, photos, full unrestricted access to the phone, abilities to call numbers or something, like Jesus Christ why does it need all that? Sounds dodgy as fuck but it comes with the phone...

I read somewhere that sales in NA probably hit... I dunno. Low. THAT'S ALL. Ubisoft sent it out to die.

Yeah the sales hit. Hit rock bottom. :(

50k...

The best thing about PS3 exclusives is the GAF threads. Always gets out of hand once the haters get into full swing. The stuff about the Ellen Page Menstruation Cycle System is pure gold GAF.
TIL that the dude who scripted the critically acclaimed Train section of Uncharted 2 did the pitch for Damnation. Damn.

I have a Galaxy S2 and it has hubs when you first get it. Reading hub, music hub, ect. Are they safe? And Samsung apps too. I'm just asking cause one of them wanted access to EVERYTHING. Contacts, caller ID'd, photos, full unrestricted access to the phone, abilities to call numbers or something, like Jesus Christ why does it need all that? Sounds dodgy as fuck but it comes with the phone....
Which provider are you with? I ended up uninstalling or hiding all the Optus ones and all the hubs just because I won't use them. Android have plenty of alternatives to download. Make sure to grab Plume for your Twitter needs!

Rayman is an awful character, universe and most of his games have sucked. No surprise dr nosurpise!
03e0Y.gif

Most of the Rayman games have been fantastic even if you aren't into that style.

Edit: markot
Banned
(Today, 06:01 AM)

EatChildren Rayman lover confirmed?

Fuck me. Just watched the season 2 premiere of the TV series 'How to Make it in America'. That shit cray.

I think I've seen it mentioned before 'round these parts by Shaneus iirc. Man this show is so cool. It is THE show to live vicariously through. It doesn't seem to be self-aware of how hard it is trying to be cool which knocks a few points off in my books but it's so fucking cool that I let it slide without repercussion.

The premise is two best mates from NYC starting a fashion label from scratch cause it's America baby. Cue hipster photos and swag spurting from ever corner. Also include cool music like Cut Copy and Avicii.

Started watching it last week and I'm already up to S02E02. It's just good fun.

Does any channel have a track record as good as HBO? golfham.

edit: WHEN ARE AVATARS COMING BACK?!?!?

edit2: Oh and I forgot to mention it's exec-produced by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch. I like it better than Entourage.

edit3: aww shit.they have mixtapes of the music from the show fuck yeah

Yeah great show. Wasn't expecting much when I first watched it but was pleasantly surprised. Though imo its not better then entourage, but still awesome nonetheless.

Choc

Banned
Rayman sold 50k in 3 days ;_;

does how to make it in america have the same tits ratio as entourage (about 4:1 each ep in the early years)

Stackboy

Are lans still about getting as many movies etc that can fit on your hard drive, with a bit of gaming on the side for good measure?

I know this is from Friday, but not at Lansmash. It's all about the games. If you're found with anything naughty on your pc, you get asked to remove it or asked to leave.

Was a great weekend of gaming. Lots of TF2, L4D2, Trackmania Canyon, a few games of the card game Munchkin.

Top Bottom