• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Shaneus

Last Express is on GOG and it's only $3? WTF.

Little Big Adventure!
Tex Murphy games! (though they are pricey in comparison... odd)
Pro Pinball tables!
Megarace! (really tempted, despite obvious tackiness)
Pinball Gold pack, with Pinball Dreams, Pinball Fantasies etc.! I had no idea it existed, let alone in a poorly-named pack that everyone is bound to look over!
Populous!
Star Control 1+2! (I already have these, but y'all should buy them anyway!)

They still don't have Screamer 2, it seems :(

And I think I want to buy Rollercoaster Tycoon. Which one should I get, or should I track down a Theme Park game for PC instead?

Gazunta

Last Express is on GOG and it's only $3? WTF.

Little Big Adventure!
Tex Murphy games! (though they are pricey in comparison... odd)
Pro Pinball tables!
Megarace! (really tempted, despite obvious tackiness)
Pinball Gold pack, with Pinball Dreams, Pinball Fantasies etc.! I had no idea it existed, let alone in a poorly-named pack that everyone is bound to look over!
Populous!
Star Control 1+2! (I already have these, but y'all should buy them anyway!)

They still don't have Screamer 2, it seems :(

And I think I want to buy Rollercoaster Tycoon. Which one should I get, or should I track down a Theme Park game for PC instead?

Buying a Rollercoaster game gives money to Atari, buying a Theme Park game gives money to EA.

Do what you will with that information.

God, Screamer 2 was fucking amazing. It was one of the closest things we could get to Sega Rally on PC, and the game FLEW even without a 3D card. Love it.

Shaneus

Buying a Rollercoaster game gives money to Atari, buying a Theme Park game gives money to EA.

Do what you will with that information.

God, Screamer 2 was fucking amazing. It was one of the closest things we could get to Sega Rally on PC, and the game FLEW even without a 3D card. Love it.
Thank you. And yeah, I never had a chance to play the full S2, but I remember the demo blowing me out of the water. Really wish it was on GOG, but as the first one struggles on my lappy (granted, an AMD E350, not the best) I doubt they could emulate S2 to a level that would do it justice.

So conflicted about the Tex Murphy games, though. Only ever really played Mean Streets, but loved the atmosphere and world they created. Always impressed from afar at the FMV of it's sequels, but don't know if they'd annoy the fuck out of me or they'd be somewhat charming.

I don't get dubstep.

It's the current fave genre
fad du jour
with those crazy UK kids. It will be replaced by something else in a year or two. Enjoy it if you like and if you don't, you only need a little patience before something else new and groundbreaking comes along to displace.

Omikron

It's the current fave genre
fad du jour
with those crazy UK kids. It will be replaced by something else in a year or two. Enjoy it if you like and if you don't, you only need a little patience before something else new and groundbreaking comes along to displace.

Mmm tbh electronica in any form is kinda not my bag. About as far as I go down that line is perhaps industrial. :p

Kritz

Banned
jkj2p.png

AusGAF DnD murderin' rooms full of goblins, standing on tables, and I am still getting knocked on my ass.

Kritz

Banned
AUSGAF DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS: NIGHT 3
7PM MONDAY, 20 DECEMBER

DM:
Aon (Dungeon Master)

REGULARS:
Kritz (Dorf Cleric)
Banana (Tiefling Wizard)
Clipper (Human Palidin)
Don (Minotaur Fighter)
Rahk (Drow Rogue)

MIA:
Jintor (Half-Elf Ranger or something)
Orbi (Gnome Bard)

We do have to cap at around 6 people. But if anyone still wants in we could try and fit room.

7PM MONDAY, 20 DECEMBER

DM:
Aon (Dungeon Master)

REGULARS:
Kritz (Dorf Cleric)
Banana (Tiefling Wizard)
Clipper (Human Palidin)
Don (Minotaur Fighter)
Rahk (Drow Rogue)

MIA:
Jintor (Half-Elf Ranger or something also a werewolf)
Orbi (Gnome Bard)

We do have to cap at around 6 people. But if anyone still wants in we could try and fit room.

Our campaign even features iPads.

7PM MONDAY, 20 DECEMBER

DM:
Aon (Dungeon Master)

REGULARS:
Kritz (Dorf Cleric)
Banana (Tiefling Wizard)
Clipper (Human Palidin)
Don (Minotaur Fighter)
Rahk (Drow Rogue)

MIA:
Orbi (Gnome Bard)

HE MEANS THE 19TH

Yagharek

40 hours into Zelda. Still heaps to do. Still heaps of new things happening.

There are more novel ideas in this game than almost everything else* released on ps360 this year. Combined.

* Portal 2 excluded.

Rezbit

New Zelda is boring. Bring back good Zelda from 10 years ago.

Wouldn't have thought "boring" would be the word to describe Skyward Sword. Twilight Princess makes it look like a Michael Bay movie. I think it's pretty great apart from the bits in the sky and the unnecessary hand-holding.

Clipper

OK, TasGAF guys, I'm going to set the time and place of TasGAF meetup tomorrow, probably.

It's likely to be Thursday the 22nd in the afternoon in a random pub at Salamanca at this stage, although Friday is still a valid day for everyone, except what I am currently taking to be a joke post (calling Kritz a rather nasty word as the name), so things might change. Venue is unanimous so far, so basically no hope of change there.

I have Skyrim sitting on my desk at home taunting me, but I have a few other games I want to wrap up before I dare to install it.

All I know is someone took an arrow to their knee, I can put buckets on people's heads and rob them blind, and there's dragons.

Omikron

I have Skyrim sitting on my desk at home taunting me, but I have a few other games I want to wrap up before I dare to install it.

All I know is someone took an arrow to their knee, I can put buckets on people's heads and rob them blind, and there's dragons.

You can also do this, gravity is amazings.

skyrim_horse.jpg

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Thieves Guild questline in Skyrim is pretty damn good imo. Really enjoying.

Where abouts would this be? I'm starting to run thin on quests (bar all the annoying GO TO ***** CAVE AND KILL THE LEADER) I need to start getting some more random quests, they seem to just slow down.. I might just be talking to the same people all over again sigh

Omikron

Where abouts would this be? I'm starting to run thin on quests (bar all the annoying GO TO ***** CAVE AND KILL THE LEADER) I need to start getting some more random quests, they seem to just slow down.. I might just be talking to the same people all over again sigh

Go exploring in Riften.

legend166

Even though I own Super Meat Boy and Jamestown already, I got the Humble Bundle. I probably would have paid $5 for Cave Story+ by itself in the Steam sale.

7PM MONDAY, 20 DECEMBER

DM:
Aon (Dungeon Master)

REGULARS:
Kritz (Dorf Cleric)
Banana (Tiefling Wizard)
Clipper (Human Palidin)
Don (Minotaur Fighter)
Rahk (Drow Rogue)

MIA:
Orbi (Gnome Bard)

Kritz count me in for this. could not join you last night but i will make a character over the weekend :D

I will endeavour to be one of the regulars (as this sounds really cool)

Kritz count me in for this. could not join you last night but i will make a character over the weekend :D

I will endeavour to be one of the regulars (as this sounds really cool)

You'd be good to go anything really too. As is we have a decent spread, slight melee focus, but still a barbarian or something of that ilk would not go astray. We do lack a leader role class so that might be useful. I lied Kritz is a leader role he just doesn't have enough spells to heal and buff us regularly yet. So yeah go whatever you like.

As far as what you need:
* MapTools brought to you by RPTools.
* 'Purchase' copies of the various player handbooks
* Mumble
* 'Purchasing' a copy of the WotC 4e Character Builder could help you build and maintain your character.

Edit: Got my early access for SWTOR sweet.

Clipper

You'd be good to go anything really too. As is we have a decent spread, slight melee focus, but still a barbarian or something of that ilk would not go astray. We do lack a leader role class so that might be useful. I lied Kritz is a leader role he just doesn't have enough spells to heal and buff us regularly yet. So yeah go whatever you like.

As far as what you need:
* MapTools brought to you by RPTools.
* 'Purchase' copies of the various player handbooks
* Mumble
* 'Purchasing' a copy of the WotC 4e Character Builder could help you build and maintain your character.

In addition to what Donc said, hit us up in chat. I can lend you access to my subscription to the character builder and other stuff legally (others are using less lawful good methods, but I won't name names).

Yagharek

Wouldn't have thought "boring" would be the word to describe Skyward Sword. Twilight Princess makes it look like a Michael Bay movie. I think it's pretty great apart from the bits in the sky and the unnecessary hand-holding.

Hand holding is overstated as a complaint. There hasnt been a single occasion where Fi has been annoying. She is no worse than any other helper character a la cortana or wheatley etc.

In fact the game has been relatively reluctant to interfere in me running around doing stuff. Most games out this gen have tutorials for scratching your arse or walking. Zelda only really makes you learn a couple of things to do with flying and that's it.

Choc

Banned
Cricket Australia want $35 to go to the Big Bash at SCG

fuck that shit, thats ridiculous for a state game. Yes i know its franchised, but still fuck that shit.

Choc

Banned
It is absurd that staples such as fruits and vegetables are several times more expensive than in Europe; DVDs and books can be bought far cheaper offshore; the same cars cost twice as much compared with overseas, and; housing is less affordable than some of the world's biggest cities, says a Centre for Independent Studies report.

no shit

The pro-business think-tank wants property stamp duty axed or slashed and first home buyer grants and negative gearing scrapped to reduce the cost divide, claiming the policies have added to the housing affordability crisis.

The paper labels the nation one of the priciest on the planet, blaming successive governments for key essentials now being steeper than in London, New York and Singapore.

Retail rip-offs driven by high rents, outlandish CBD carparking rates and restrictive planning and zoning regulations pushed shoppers to foreign websites, they said.

No shit

Did you guys know its more expensive to have a store on Pitt Street in Sydney than the Champs Elysee in Paris

that, is ridiculous.

http://www.news.com.au/money/austra...-on-food-housing/story-e6frfmci-1226221360942

jambo

Aren't our minimum and average wages a lot higher than other countries though?

Has anyone tried the new SBS catch-up app on the 360 yet?

Choc

Banned
Aren't our minimum and average wages a lot higher than other countries though?

Has anyone tried the new SBS catch-up app on the 360 yet?

yes jambo and thats a very good thing, but government imposed restrictions on things such as car imports is what is making things very expensive.

Negative gearing and the housing market is shit as well

edit: anyone else notice Microsoft has released a ton of ipad apps this week (one note, kinectimals etc)

Top Bottom