• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Choc

Banned
So if someone gets sent to a private school by their parents they are automatically a prick? wow.

in most cases yes. They go to University expecting to be spoon fed like they were at high school and its an awful wake up call for them when its not

most of them who go to the most prestigious private schools are spoilt twats who have the worst attitude about everything.

I guess my main point is that i don't find value in private education AT ALL. And the numbers are now backing this up. It turns your kids into keeping up with the jones's people due to the vast variety of income levels generally seen @ a private school and private schools think they own your kids. Want to let them have a weekend and not be forced to play sport on teh weekend? TOUGH LUCK.

If the kid wants to play sport they will, if not, you shouldn't force them.

It's also ridiculous that state schools are begging for air con whilst private school that gets more funding than said state school builds a fucking olympic swimming pool.

jambo

fn8Y9.gif

Choc

Banned
perhaps i went a bit to far tarring everyone with the same brush, but there are a lot of pretentious spoilt twats that are caused by private schooling

anyway

look at teh stats of people dropping out of University within 12 months

majority of them are from private schools because they can't handle the independance required to study at university. They were spoon fed at school and expect it at uni. When they don't get it, they have a whinge and leave because they can't handle it. University requires thinking for yourself.

I am more talking the high level prestiguious private schools guys. places like Kings and SCEGGS in sydney. Rip off merchant schools that get way to much funding. If you have an olympic pool you do not need more funding than a state school who struggles to even have air con.

hamchan

Spoon feeding is in every high school. Anyways if I was rich I'd send my kids to a private school. Those private schools always kicked my public school's ass in sports.

Choc

Banned
Spoon feeding is in every high school. Anyways if I was rich I'd send my kids to a private school. Those private schools always kicked my public school's ass in sports.

its not

yes you haev more attention from a teacher at high school and its more in their best interests for you to do well, but the way that the higher private schools teach is crazy. You are basically coached purely for the HSC instead of actually taught properly. That is not the way education should be.

State school students have an easier time adjusting for uni than private school students.

Jintor

I bet something Silent Hill related and something Konami related will probably pop up at E3 this year WOO SPECIFICITY it's no Platinum making MGS but I work with what I've got.

guidop

@Darklord

Cookie never fails, plus you can journey up to rooftop which is cool and around the corner there is a place called section 8 which is pretty cool too.

legend166

I had the strangest dream last night.

I dreamt that Kritz gifted me Demigod on Steam.

But I don't even know what Demigod is. Until I see it this morning on my Facebook stream with Steam saying Demigod is now released.

Were people talking about this in Steam chat last night?

jambo

My humour level must clearly operate at a different level to some. Or maybe the fact serious discussion mixed with stupid internet gifs is just a bit meh. Anyway.

I would hardly call sweeping generalisations "serious discussion" =\

most of them who go to the most prestigious private schools are spoilt twats who have the worst attitude about everything.

Yes. I went to public for 2 years then private and the people who came out of public were less educated but way less douchey than a few of the private schoolers. Most of them were alright though.

Rezbit

All schools produce pricks, private schools possibly more so due to the spoilt brat factor. Still, I'm sure lots of nice people come out of private school too.

But yes, what other country in the world has private schools being funded by the government? What the fuck is that shit? There are some really ghetto and grimy public schools out there that need some serious work, but nope, gotta give them private schools more millions.

For those interested i believe i am rolling on Dark Reaper West coast PvP server with mates etc.
Will be starting up a guild there, anyone interested in joining is more than welcome, PM me on GAF or whatever and i can send you a guild invite. :D

Also secret santa messages have now been sent out. try and make it interesting! (not just steam gifts u lazy sods)
Please send me postage addresses (inc real name), thanks.

Deeku

Pricks are usually a direct result of prick parents rather than the school. Also, probably half of the kids at private schools are not from wealthy backgrounds.

Jintor

PCPP/Hyper just got a busload of Tribes Ascend keys, if you're still looking out for them, so... be advised...? Nothing official just yet, but hold on to your butts.

midonnay

kind of a waste of money imo private school

sure, if you're wealthy go ahead....

but if you're working two jobs just to survive then its probably not worth the effort.

the kid may not even want to go to uni. Pay for a tutor or organise a study group.

Top Bottom