• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

You worked in Logistics at Deakin. I still work at Deakin. When I visited Geelong (every week or two) I would've been in the Facilities building next door...

...and from next year I'll be doing the IT for Logistics as well as Facilities.

Had no idea, that's pretty cool. Wouldn't mind getting into FMSD/PSD (whatever it is called at the moment) now that I have a fair bit of experience in the field. Worked a fair bit with the division through Porterage and Residences work.

The IT systems in the mail room are hilarious. One of the old managers 10 years ago made up separate MS Access databases to track EVERY package that comes through. Works admirably but it is so run down. Was almost going to offer to write a new one before I left.

Been a fair few people leave Logistics so I am hoping a position will pop up back there for me, starting to get homesick for Geelong.

EDIT: Also there is a dinky 3rd break room somewhere in Logistics that has old, old cans of random promotional drinks, like that green Solo, that they have in the fridge for $1 (well, only a dollar if you a nice and leave it in the tin in the freezer). Also had some Maxibons one random day!

Had no idea, that's pretty cool. Wouldn't mind getting into FMSD/PSD (whatever it is called at the moment) now that I have a fair bit of experience in the field.
Yeah I only realised when you said you were leaving that you'd worked there! I wouldn't want to join FMSD (being renamed, *again*, fourth time since I've been here) at the moment, there are some big restructures right now and best to avoid that whole minefield. No one made redundant in that division thankfully.

The IT systems in the mail room are hilarious.
Tell me about it. Can't wait to get my hands on them but I haven't got anything official saying that I can dig in yet.

Been a fair few people leave Logistics so I am hoping a position will pop up back there for me, starting to get homesick for Geelong.
Yeah they've been made redundant unfortunately so it might be a while before they get some new openings.

EDIT: Also there is a dinky 3rd break room somewhere in Logistics that has old, old cans of random promotional drinks, like that green Solo, that they have in the fridge for $1 (well, only a dollar if you a nice and leave it in the tin in the freezer). Also had some Maxibons one random day!
Maybe I'll hunt around for some Mello Yello...

I haven't been keeping have with what games have been banned lately and i just tried to buy my GF mortal kombat today, didn't work out too well. Thankfully she is a big zelda fan so i had a fall back plan.

I think it's pretty disgraceful seeing games like this get banned really but i think the argument has been made a million times and there isn't much for me to add to it.

Choc

Banned
i guarantee its to do with the fact you get a positive impact taking drugs in the game

HOWEVER

that was also in syndicate 1

Choc

Banned
rumor has it the ban is because of the persuadatron and forcing enemies to kill themselves

AGAIN THIS WAS IN SYNDICATE 1!!!!!

and that won't be able to be edited out, its a key syndicate point

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I blame Choc for the Vita's sales and for this latest banning. He's got his fingers in both!

hamchan

Anyone playing SWTOR can tell me if there are oceanic servers or are Australians just playing on US servers? Because the US only version is much cheaper than the region free version.

Anyone playing SWTOR can tell me if there are oceanic servers or are Australians just playing on US servers? Because the US only version is much cheaper than the region free version.

We are playing on "The Swiftsure" USW server PvP ham. come join us and tell me charachter name!

Yagharek

rumor has it the ban is because of the persuadatron and forcing enemies to kill themselves

AGAIN THIS WAS IN SYNDICATE 1!!!!!

and that won't be able to be edited out, its a key syndicate point

It was in the Deus Ex trailer as well (dunno about the game itself, another game left by the wayside in my Zelda month).

edit: Syndicate published by EA. I'm finding it hard to be upset.

d4533

We are playing on "The Swiftsure" USW server PvP ham. come join us and tell me charachter name!

So where did you guys get swtor from? I played during the stress test weekend and enjoyed it, and the impressions in the OT sound good so I'm going to pick up the game.

Is Amazon my best bet, or is there somewhere local that is selling import copies?

Jintor

Sweet.

Who got to the story first? I saw it pop up on Vooks, Kotaku, and from a friend. Who checks the board releases every morning?

On an unrelated note: Flying in Skyward Sword is amazing. Might even be a better use of the motion controls than swordfighting.

Also, Skyward Sword is hilarious.

legend166

Vince, your boy Cowan is about to tonne up against the Indians in the three day tour game.

He probably still won't get picked because of the selectors slavish devotion to Ponting and Hussey.

MrSerrels

I probably shouldn't have uploaded the report. Makes it too easy for folks to steal my story without crediting.

Ah well, whatever will be will be.

Yagharek

Vince, your boy Cowan is about to tonne up against the Indians in the three day tour game.

He probably still won't get picked because of the selectors slavish devotion to Ponting and Hussey.

With a good strike rate too.

Can we both agree we would make better selectors than the official ones then? I pick 6, you pick 6, and flip a coin on the 12th man.

legend166

With a good strike rate too.

Can we both agree we would make better selectors than the official ones then? I pick 6, you pick 6, and flip a coin on the 12th man.

Well, this would be my 11 for Boxing Day:

Warner
Cowan
Khawaja
Marsh
Clarke
Watson
Wade
Siddle
Pattinson
Bollinger
Lyon

This is what I expect the selectors to go with:

Warner
Watson
Marsh
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Haddin
Siddle
Pattinson
Starc
Lyon

Shaneus

The GOTY voting thread meltdown was quite amusing. Some clown sending people PMs if they didnt vote for Portal 2 or Uncharted 3 in their list. Something about "true genius not being recognised in its own time".
I want to participate *just* for that reason. I couldn't even think of 10 games I played that were made this year, let alone ones I'd consider GOTY-material.

Dead Man

I has the report. On Kotaku now.

I am not upset that EA gets a game banned, but it seems a bit inconsistent. SoF had dismembering of corpses, and that was passed. I do think it maybe belongs in an R18 rating, but it should not be banned. Still utter rubbish.

Hey Shaneus, Aril Brikha is pretty awesome.

Yeah they've been made redundant unfortunately so it might be a while before they get some new openings.
3 out of the 5 retired after having a gutful of the manager getting promoted and the other 2 ended up quiting because they had other jobs to go to and they were getting on in age anyway. Leaves a huge gap that they can either fill by using casual employees or bringing in a few new staff. With the renewed focus at the Waurn Ponds campus on research they would be mad to run it casually with all the $40,000 packages that come through. The robotics division is so much fun, lucked out in that most of the guys in there were drinking buddies back when I first started uni there.

smh Tasmanian hotel internet.

I have to buy individual 30 minute 50 MB vouchers.
You should feel happy that you haven't been beaten to death and had apples shoved in your mouth and arse and roasted over the traditional Tasmanian fireplace centrepiece.

Oh I didn't know that was on there... Plus also I see ScummVM is on WebOS now.
Speaking of TouchPads, did you fix yours Reptile?
6Tt5h.jpg

Actually shit. I didn't get it to run cod. No go on charging. Might just bite the bullet at give HP a call and see if they will do something for me.

Shaneus

Had no idea, that's pretty cool. Wouldn't mind getting into FMSD/PSD (whatever it is called at the moment) now that I have a fair bit of experience in the field. Worked a fair bit with the division through Porterage and Residences work.

The IT systems in the mail room are hilarious. One of the old managers 10 years ago made up separate MS Access databases to track EVERY package that comes through. Works admirably but it is so run down. Was almost going to offer to write a new one before I left.

Don't forget, my brother worked there for a bit as well!

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I probably shouldn't have uploaded the report. Makes it too easy for folks to steal my story without crediting.

Ah well, whatever will be will be.

Happens everyday sadly. Stealing images, using a Video without some link back.

Yagharek

Well, this would be my 11 for Boxing Day:

Warner
Cowan

Khawaja
Marsh
Clarke

Watson
Wade*
Siddle
Pattinson
Bollinger
Lyon

Bolded the ones I agree with. Wade I would only stick with since Paine is injured again :(
I think Watson should be rested, better to keep him for the next tests when 100%.
Khawaja I'm torn on. Both him and Hughes have the right attitude but have not yet demonstrated form. I'd flip a coin on those two tbh.

In fact, with Watson not 100% and Marsh not 100%, I would probably consider keeping Hughes and Khawaja both in - in #3 and #4 respectively.

Siddle and Bollinger haven't really impressed me in a long while. I'm half tempted to pop in Hilfenhaus but I think he has missed his window now. So going for youth, I see no reason not to keep Pattinson and Starc in. Trial by fire will be good for them. Harris is injured, isnt he?

This is what I expect the selectors to go with:

Warner
Watson
Marsh
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Haddin
Siddle
Pattinson
Starc
Lyon

I reckon Khawaja will remain in and Marsh will miss out.

I want to participate *just* for that reason. I couldn't even think of 10 games I played that were made this year, let alone ones I'd consider GOTY-material.

I struggled to list 7. I really only can seriously justify 3 (Zelda, Portal and GRecon 3D) based on lots of time playing them. Xenoblade, MK7, Mario 3D I havent had as much time to put into them (maybe 15 hours combined) but all of them have impressed the hell out of me.

The only other games that Ive put considerable time into this year were Uncharted 3 and Batman, and both irritated me.

edit: COWAN!

Ed Cowan's last seven knocks: 91*, 4, 134*, 145, 10, 65, 145*, and now 100*

Rezbit

Vince and Legend aren't arguing? WTF?

Pretty much agree with Legend's team except Bollinger. Are you serious? He sucks! Can't bowl two overs without being rooted for the day! Harris will get a go if fit, but one test then injured just isn't good enough.

Hilfy unfortunately has peaked at the wrong time again, starting to dominate yet nowhere near calculations. Even though it was a shit T20 his 4 overs against Perth were golfham.

hamchan

Alright game bought and downloading the 25gb now. I'll play on the Ausgaf server and whatever server the US gaf folk play on too. I have memories of our Ausgaf WoW guild that fell apart after one month lol.

Also, are we playing as the badasses or the Galactic Republic?

Rezbit

What is the meaning of golfham because I thought it meant sarcastic clapping.

A year or so ago with the latest batch of juniors there was a poster who I think was called goddamn, or at the very least signed off every single post with goddamn. He was teased mercilessly, had a meltdown, and the mods changed his name to golfham, changed his avatar to golfham, and every instance of goddamn to golfham. So golfham is just goddamn. That's pretty much it I think :lol.

legend166

Vince and Legend aren't arguing? WTF?

Pretty much agree with Legend's team except Bollinger. Are you serious? He sucks! Can't bowl two overs without being rooted for the day! Harris will get a go if fit, but one test then injured just isn't good enough.

Hilfy unfortunately has peaked at the wrong time again, starting to dominate yet nowhere near calculations. Even though it was a shit T20 his 4 overs against Perth were golfham.

Bollinger's first class record is pretty impressive. 12 matches, 50 wickets at 25.

He's certainly better than Ben "I like to bowl wide and negate any swing that I get" Hilfenhaus.

Rezbit

Sucks that Cummins did an injury after one game. Still a few weak links with the bowling, especially Siddle and the third quick. Starc looks like a Mitchell Johnson clone and not in a good way.

People seriously walked out of Drive and Tree Of Life? What the hell is wrong with people! I rarely go to the movies but this thread fills my mind with fuck.

Also finally downloaded Orcs Must Die to tempt me away from MW3 again.

Top Bottom