• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Cool, how does it feel with the touch interface rather than a mouse? I might have to give it a shot.
Haven't given it more than a couple of minutes attention but it seemed quite good actually. Tried OpenTTD last night and I found that way too fiddly.

Choc

Banned
im not on swiftsure (i have had zero queues so far yay)

i will join swiftsure with a new char, is that where the guild is?

Jintor

gameson.net has EA's statement

It’s regrettable that government policy in Australia is denying adults the right to play Syndicate. The game will be not be available in Australia despite its enthusiastic response from fans. We were encouraged by the government’s recent agreement to adopt an 18+ age rating for games. However, delays continue to force an arcane censorship on games – cuts that would never be imposed on books or movies. We urge policy makers to take swift action to implement an updated policy that reflects today’s market and gives its millions of adult consumers the right to make their own content choices...

· We are not releasing Syndicate in Australia. The reason for this is because we do not have an R18+ in place as yet.

· We will not be appealing the RC decision. Syndicate is a game made for a mature audience and any changes to would significantly affect the game's quality and appeal.

· Syndicate will continue to be released in New Zealand (unchanged) on the 24th February 2012, and has a confirmed rating of R18

FUCKING WIZARDS

im not on swiftsure (i have had zero queues so far yay)

i will join swiftsure with a new char, is that where the guild is?

Ques are getting killed off, was stuff all last night that i saw after the server cap increases.

We are gathering on swiftsure yea, ausgaf dudes are a little spread in their respective guilds but i ran flashpoints with guilllaume last night, was awesome fun.

got everyone i know about so far on friends list. I wouldn't mind creating an ausgaf guild, or consolodating into one, but im not sure how keen others are on this (people are split into their friends guilds)

Yagharek

We will not be appealing the RC decision. Syndicate is a game made for a mature audience and any changes to would significantly affect the game's quality and appeal

The irony of ea playing the artistic integrity card.

If Syndicate is any good, I'll probably pick up a copy in states when I'm there in March.

My wife and I congratulated ourselves for getting most of our Xmas shopping early (and mostly online). But "Sweet Robo Jesus!" at videos like this

My Xbox 360 has been shipped back from MS. I'm guessing it won't make it till after Boxing day but that's ok. So long as it isn't delivered like the monitor in the video I linked to.

Rezbit

I guess I should think about getting Psychonauts for $2.50. Also maybe Half-Life pack. Not sure I'd play through HL1 again though.

Omikron

CRICKET!

Squad of 13.

Clarke
Haddin
Christian
Cowan
Hilfenhaus
Hussey
Lyon
Marsh
Pattinson
Ponting
Siddle
Starc
Warner

Sounds like Cowan is in, Marsh to play if he pulls up ok, otherwise it is Christian.

Rezbit

CRICKET!

Squad of 13.

Clarke
Haddin
Christian
Cowan
Hilfenhaus
Hussey
Lyon
Marsh
Pattinson
Ponting
Siddle
Starc
Warner

Sounds like Cowan is in, Marsh to play if he pulls up ok, otherwise it is Christian.

Getting there. Once the old mates retire should be alright. Picking players on form...who would have thought!

You're a terrible man.

I'll try and change this.

legend166

Hilfenhaus ughhhhhhhhhhh.

Can't believe we're already back to 2/3rds of the Three Musketeer bowling attack that led us down the path of horribleness for two years (Johnson, Siddle and Hilfenhaus).

Pattinson is going to have to do it all.

Rezbit

Hilfenhaus ughhhhhhhhhhh.

Can't believe we're already back to 2/3rds of the Three Musketeer bowling attack that led us down the path of horribleness for two years (Johnson, Siddle and Hilfenhaus).

Pattinson is going to have to do it all.

Better than Mr Huff 'n' Puff!

legend166

I've been keeping an eye on the Shield this year, and I thought to myself "Hmm, maybe I've missed Hilf averaging <25 or something."

Nope.

22 wickets at an average of 30 this year in the Shield. How is that good enough to pick a guy after he was dropped for stinking it up in Test matches?

Rezbit

I've been keeping an eye on the Shield this year, and I thought to myself "Hmm, maybe I've missed Hilf averaging <25 or something."

Nope.

22 wickets at an average of 30 this year in the Shield. How is that good enough to pick a guy after he was dropped for stinking it up in Test matches?

Well I mean I guess we could put Jayde Herrick in...

Yagharek

The worst fast bowling combination Australia has had recently has been Siddle, Bollinger and Johnson. Johnson is the worst of the lot, so glad he is gone. Siddle is like Phil Hughes: great attitude, but not much success. Bollinger hasnt done anything either.

Hilfenhaus I admit I'm biased about - he is a great Shield bowler. I think like Siddle he hasn't done much (last Ashes was a disaster) but he reminds me of my old memories of Terry Alderman so I hold out hope.

Since I first remember watching cricket, Australia has never until now had such a dearth of great fast bowlers. We went through an era of Hughes, Reid, Whitney, Alderman, McDermott, and then a golden era of Kasprowicz, Fleming, Gillespie, McGrath, Lee. Nowadays its pretty ordinary.

Deeku

I only recognise 6 names on that list:/ I think I'll make an effort to get back into cricket this summer. Haven't followed actively for a long time.

Also, wasn't Stuart Clarke pretty good? What happened to him?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Part of me wants that Mother 3 handbook guide since it looks fucking amazing. Even though i have no real idea as to what mother 3 is (i'm sure it's a snes rpg that never got translated aside from a translation patch) and i will never play it. But still, want an awesome looking guide.

There was another book that seemed to get GAFs attention a while back. I think it was the history of nintendo or something along those lines? I know someone here picked it up, hardbound as well and really well done. Does anyone remember what it was?

legend166

The worst fast bowling combination Australia has had recently has been Siddle, Bollinger and Johnson. Johnson is the worst of the lot, so glad he is gone. Siddle is like Phil Hughes: great attitude, but not much success. Bollinger hasnt done anything either.

Hilfenhaus I admit I'm biased about - he is a great Shield bowler. I think like Siddle he hasn't done much (last Ashes was a disaster) but he reminds me of my old memories of Terry Alderman so I hold out hope.

Since I first remember watching cricket, Australia has never until now had such a dearth of great fast bowlers. We went through an era of Hughes, Reid, Whitney, Alderman, McDermott, and then a golden era of Kasprowicz, Fleming, Gillespie, McGrath, Lee. Nowadays its pretty ordinary.

Bollinger has 50 wickets in 12 matches at 25. How is that nothing?

Hilfenhaus has a career record of 55 wickets in 17 matches at 34. Take out matches in England and his average balloons to 44.

Granted, Bollinger probably shouldn't have been selected for this series because injuries have meant he hasn't been able to put together a good string of matches.

Still - I would have preferred they went for another young bowler rather than going back to the Hilfenhaus well. Faulkner or Hazlewood.

Yagharek

Bollinger has 50 wickets in 12 matches at 25. How is that nothing?

Hilfenhaus has a career record of 55 wickets in 17 matches at 34. Take out matches in England and his average balloons to 44.

Granted, Bollinger probably shouldn't have been selected for this series because injuries have meant he hasn't been able to put together a good string of matches.

Still - I would have preferred they went for another young bowler rather than going back to the Hilfenhaus well. Faulkner or Hazlewood.

Well I think I covered it when I said there aren't any standout fast bowlers in recent years in Australia. Hilfy is certainly suited to England conditions, but all of the main 4 (Hilf, Bollinger, Siddle, Johnson) have collectively been pretty unimpressive the last few years.

They should be going through the younger bowlers assuming theyre fit, and maybe keep one senior fast bowler for the mind games if any have a decent record vs India.

I dunno, I'm just unimpressed with most of the current bowlers (new ones excepted) and thats probably because we could still have had McGrath playing based on his form upon retiring.

Top Bottom