• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

I can definitely understand it. They are slow films. They are both fucking awesome though and it's their loss.

Maybe it is just because ticket prices here are expensive but if I am going to pay $15 for a movie that I could wait 3 months and rent on a Tuesday for $1 I will damn well make sure it is the kind of movie that I will enjoy. Never walked out on a movie but I was pissy that my mates dragged me to Transformers 2. I threatened to shit on pillows if someone suggested that we go see Transformers 3.

I also sat all the way through The Spirit on DVD which I was quite proud of. I treated my mind to some astrophysics and some booze after that abuse.

Yagharek

People seriously walked out of Drive and Tree Of Life? What the hell is wrong with people! I rarely go to the movies but this thread fills my mind with fuck.

Also finally downloaded Orcs Must Die to tempt me away from MW3 again.

I'm shocked that people didnt like Sherlock Holmes! I thought the first was a fantastic movie. A nice antidote to the disappointment of Avatar which I saw a few days prior.

The closest Ive ever come to walking out on a film was The Core. However I nearly died from laughter when the pigeons in down town New York Generic American City went mad due to a crazy magnetic field. I never knew a confused flock of pigeons could cause traffic chaos and explosions.

As a result, the rest of the film became an exercise in cliche predictions from 60 minutes out.

I think I successfully predicted, with >95% accuracy that

a) nukes would save the day
b) which love interest the pariah-archetype scientist with the theory that will save the world will hook up with at the last moment
c) how close to rescue/success the hardlined but soft at heart scientific rival would die
d) which engineering expert was the undercover sabotage agent
e) which token character would prevent said undercover agent from doing the worst damage possible
f) the point at when all hope would become lost due to said undercover agent's efforts
g) the time between said catastrophe and when a moment of brilliance would salvage the attempt
h) that it was all the work of the US military in the first place

First Holmes was eh. Guy Ritchie's shtick is kind of irritating. RDJ was charismatic as always but...

Maybe it is just because ticket prices here are expensive but if I am going to pay $15 for a movie that I could wait 3 months and rent on a Tuesday for $1 I will damn well make sure it is the kind of movie that I will enjoy. Never walked out on a movie but I was pissy that my mates dragged me to Transformers 2. I threatened to shit on pillows if someone suggested that we go see Transformers 3.

I also sat all the way through The Spirit on DVD which I was quite proud of. I treated my mind to some astrophysics and some booze after that abuse.

Reading posts in that thread about matinees and remembering I saw Tree Of Life at a matinee in Edinburgh with the only other people in the cinema being ~10 seniors made me think about how our overpriced movie tickets are always overpriced. Why we got no matinees

I'm shocked that people didnt like Sherlock Holmes! I thought the first was a fantastic movie. A nice antidote to the disappointment of Avatar which I saw a few days prior.
Yeah the first Holmes was awesome fun. You knew going in that Guy Ritchie and RDJ weren't going for historical accuracy or some shit. They just wanted to a fun action movie with RDJ playing himself and Jude Law smashing heads. Might see Holmes 2 if the gf and I stumble across a cinema and have time for something as it is the perfect kind of movie for us to chill out to.

Reading posts in that thread about matinees and remembering I saw Tree Of Life at a matinee in Edinburgh with the only other people in the cinema being ~10 seniors made me think about how our overpriced movie tickets are always overpriced. Why we got no matinees
Readings in Geelong started to do free preview screenings for members when I left Geelong so some places are getting into it, probably because of how hard it is for them to get people through the door in the first place. I might have gone to more movies if they were under $10 rather than the $11-15 that "Cheap Tuesday" turned into. Also gotta get that awesome popcorn so there is another $10!

Yagharek

I dont think Ive seen a Ritchie film before Sherlock Holmes. I dont know why. I just went and saw it with my wife since it looked good and Ive always been a fan of the character (and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle at that - The Lost World was good too).

Yagharek

I just started playing Ace Combat 3DS. It controls well, looks nice and is (at least from level 1) Ace Combat 2 in all but name. I'm just hoping it has El Dorado level and music in it. <3

Shaneus

Chernabog_01.gif

Forgot how amazing this gif is. Gaz! Another Old Game Comic please!
Holy shit, that's amazing. More videogame IRL gifs, please!

Gazunta

Forgot how amazing this gif is. Gaz! Another Old Game Comic please!
New Old Video Game Comic every Wednesday :)

I do a new comic every day, I just don't plug it here every day coz I don't want my ass banned :p

Speaking of Drive, I got my screener copy today, so I guess I should go and watch it. Haha just kidding if I don't have time for video games how the hell will I have time for movies.

OH CRAP IT'S HOLIDAYS AT THE END OF THIS WEEK

Deeku

So, there's a mouse outside in the garden and it keeps coming up to tap on the window/door in my room:/

It's kinda cute, but I can't sleep with the thought of it sneaking in and tearing up my shit!

guidop

So, there's a mouse outside in the garden and it keeps coming up to tap on the window/door in my room:/

It's kinda cute, but I can't sleep with the thought of it sneaking in and tearing up my shit!

kick it in the groin?

While most of you are probably asleep there is a thread in Off Topic for the Simpson fans that won't seize you with anger and might melt your crusty old hearts

I'm going to wimp out on this secret santa and steam gift it up

Poor Effort! I just hope mine makes it in time for the person for Christmas!

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis running on ScummVM on an HP TouchPad.

sogood.gif

Oh right nice. I got myself a galaxy tab 10.1 last night, so now i am researching what i want to put on it! Just read no ice cream sandwich till early 2012 though, lame.

Choc

Banned
got mah spaceship!

also

EA not going to appeal syndicate

i reckon its worth appealing, especially in light of AVP. It only costs $2600 to do so.

Yagharek

I'm glad theyre not appealing. It just means that aussie gamers wont have it stolen by EA from them when they inevitably make a small complaint about it on a forum, somewhere.

Also, what time does the Aus PSN store update? I want Oddworld.

Choc

Banned
Syndicate is on PCPP's cover this month :|

best timing ever

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I know goose tweeted last week it was puzzling that it hadn't been rated yet. He must have had a feeling (the preview code shows the violence very well)

so are you pulling the cover or what?

Yagharek

I'll give you this, Vince: You're consistent.

I'm just being realistic here. People were robbed of Dragon Age 2 for whining on forums, and it's not even an important game series. Syndicate is a series with a heritage and certain standards are expected. You can be sure as shit people will complain, and what will follow will be more people losing their Origin accounts permanently. Mark my words.

Syndicate is on PCPP's cover this month :|

best timing ever

The latest issue of Games TM has Metal Gear Rising on the cover, with no mention of Revengeance or Platinum Games.

Jintor

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I know goose tweeted last week it was puzzling that it hadn't been rated yet. He must have had a feeling (the preview code shows the violence very well)

so are you pulling the cover or what?

It goes on shelves today!

Like, timing is timing man

The latest issue of Games TM has Metal Gear Rising on the cover, with no mention of Revengeance or Platinum Games.

Magazines, man. Gods.

i stoped watching drive halfway through, i hear the new sherlock is not that great. hes in drag for most of the stuff iv seen of it so maybe thats true.

amyone know when the new sherlock series starts agaiin

Top Bottom