• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Dungeons of Dredmor was in the last Humble Indie pack.

I dunno, I'm just unimpressed with most of the current bowlers (new ones excepted) and thats probably because we could still have had McGrath playing based on his form upon retiring.
I rate McGrath as the best bowler of all time. Dropped it on a dime for 5 hours in a row and heckled the shit out of the batsmen, heading back to the boundary at the end of every over trying to tear his baggy green asunder. Top bloke. Looking forward to him getting more involved with the young Australian bowlers.

Also there is a major concern with picking younger bowlers full on because of the fatigue and injuries that have come up over the last few years, with Pattinson and Cummins going down quickly from their impressive starts. Don't want to continue that trend of rushing them in too hard.

giri

25 is maybe pushing it. I usually go for 35-40 for a twin. It's probably fine though.

Also, is there a modern equivalent of Andy Bichel? That guy was awesome!

No, there is no modern equivalent, siddle is sort of close... but bic was better in every category.

Choc

Banned
Hilfenhaus

seriously?

how has he been going in the shield? he got smashed all over the place by England last year....

Fogz

Wow I didn't know swtor was getting local servers (march apparently). That clinched it for me. Now to get a stable internet to run it...

RegionalVICGAF met up before MelbGAF so we cooler. Suck it everybody else.

Deserves to be quoted.

psn stuff is up generally thursday evening

it updates UK thursday morning
The updates tend to be on the store around 5pm after I get home from work.

HELL. YES.

sPydr.jpg
I hate you so friggin much right now.

Picked up the Costume Quest and Psychonauts bundle.
Tempted to triple dip on Costume Quest after already having it on PSN and XBLA.

What's the longest anyone has had to wait for an ozgameshop package?
My 40 odd packages have always been between 8-16 days. They did send me the wrong LBP keychain one time but they refunded my money and let me keep it. Stocking stuffer for someone who loves Resistance!
I'm sure I will find someone eventually

EA not going to appeal syndicate
i reckon its worth appealing, especially in light of AVP. It only costs $2600 to do so.
Eh, I'm sure they will just make it Origin exclusive and then chuck it on Game On Demand once it hits the benchmark. Or just enjoy the import sales, still being released in New Zealand and the UK.

I bought my copy of Mother 3 pre-owned for 5 bucks at a local EB. It was the weirdest thing ever.
How the hell did a copy of Mother 3 end up at EB?!? Who would be dumb enough to import a niche Japanese game and then trade it into EB? You would think the effort taken to import it would mean they would already know how much they could get for it selling privately.
And I thought finding a copy of Contact DS was impressive.

Rezbit

TASGAF MEETUP

WHEN: TOMORROW ARVO. I DO NOT KNOW EXACT TIME. ASK CLIPPER.

WHERE: Me, clipper and rezbit are meeting up in franklin park then walking down to salamanca - the water feature in the middle seems like a decent place. Or at one of the bars?

I think we should work out times so I know to actually wake up tomorrow.

Woo, should be good! Salazar I know you're out there too! Water feature thing sounds good. So uh...do I just awkwardly walk up and say "Clipper? Kritz?"

Jintor

I think it may be possible that my internet has been slowed down to hell and back. Bombcast was taking forever to download, now 720streaming for YouTube is bonkers. Not sure what's going on, but if it means I have to deal with TPG support it's going to be a bad day.

Choc

Banned
The are making a US girl with dragon tatoo starring Daniel Craig. Seriously you yanks learn to read subtitles and see the swedish version.

The are making a US girl with dragon tatoo starring Daniel Craig. Seriously you yanks learn to read subtitles and see the swedish version.

Making? It's well and truly made. I think its even out in America.
I'd normally agree wholeheartedly, but the Craig version is meant to be really good. Ala the yank Let Me In.

Deeku

How the hell did a copy of Mother 3 end up at EB?!? Who would be dumb enough to import a niche Japanese game and then trade it into EB? You would think the effort taken to import it would mean they would already know how much they could get for it selling privately.
And I thought finding a copy of Contact DS was impressive.
Yeah, it made no sense. I'm pretty sure I bought it around 2007, which meant the game was only a year old!

I've actually had some pretty weird luck with picking up random niche stuff locally. During high school I stumbled across a couple of jpn version Last Bible (Megaten spinoff series) games for the original Gameboy at a ghetto Revolution CD store.

Haven't played any of them though :lol

Dragon Tattoo was announced and Craig attached 18 months ago. Along with that great news was that the amazing David Fincher was directing. Then a month later the fantastic Rooney Mara took the lead role. Also of note was Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross handling the music again after their collaboration with Fincher on The Social Network.

The book certainly works well with American audiences and the trilogy did very well in bookstores over there.

The movie is already out in the US and premiered in the UK a week ago. Trent even released the 3 disc soundtrack opus nearly 2 weeks ago.

The trailer with Trent and Karen O's cover of Immigrant Song also did the rounds with quite a lot of buzz.

Kritz

Banned
Woo, should be good! Salazar I know you're out there too! Water feature thing sounds good. So uh...do I just awkwardly walk up and say "Clipper? Kritz?"

yeah just walk up to a random bogan and read out one of my reviews or something

If you need help, I will be a morbidly obese man in the early 20s wearing a Giant Bomb tshirt:

throwback2_medium.png

Shaneus

Little tip I discovered today while at work which might come in handy for people here. Will be posting in one of the iPhone threads as well, but just in case you don't venture over there...

Work-Shaneus said:
In case you come across it, a problem that seems to be cropping up with the latest iTunes version (possibly older ones too) is where a process (APSDaemon.exe) does not shut down properly, leaving the iTunes.exe process still running and leaving the user unable to reopen it. In the case of my own PC (SOE4) it was also using 50% of my CPU as well, but this was not occurring on the customer's (running Windows 7/SOE5).

To get around this, end the "APSDaemon.exe" process (if it is running) and rename the "APSDaemon.exe" to "APSDaemon.old", located in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support" (on both XP and Windows 7).

From my investigations, I've found that this file is associated with wireless (over wifi) synching for your iDevice but will not in any other way affect how iTunes operates (this was tested). You'll need to take this into consideration when fixing the issue with the user, but there's a fair chance that they'd rather sync their iPad/iPhone over USB rather than not have their iTunes bug out on them all the time.

At this point in time, a fix has not been released by Apple... but I shouldn't think a solution would be too far off.
reptile: Are those twofers interchangeable? I've had my eye on Katamari for a while, but I'm sure there's another game there I could add to the pile. PS. Thanks for the tip on that Iraniuman techno DJ guy. Squeezes out some pretty clean sounds!

Yagharek

18 months? Choc is little bit later than usual with this piece of news.

I hope he doesnt find out what happened to the author anytime soon.

Also, best intro scene of the year for a game Ive played.

"Vile Mechon. If you think the Homs, the people of Bionis, are just waiting for you to pick us off - you are sorely mistaken!".

Getting right into it today. Music is lovely.

GAME have the wifi PSVita with Ridge Racer and some kinky headphones for $350.
Dick Smith have Once Upon A Monster for $40 so I may need to hit them up for some more Double Fine goodness. HOW DO I OWN ALL THEIR GAMES?

Also I can understand complaining about The 3 Stooges getting a remake but damn, Dragon Tattoo looks to be one of the movie of the year contenders.

reptile: Are those twofers interchangeable? I've had my eye on Katamari for a while, but I'm sure there's another game there I could add to the pile. PS. Thanks for the tip on that Iraniuman techno DJ guy. Squeezes out some pretty clean sounds!

Anything on that list can be bundled. The Katamari PSP game and the Tekken bundles aren't though.

The PS3 Katamari is meant to be great.

I love the British voices. They're so British.
Hell yes. Just nice to remember that there are different people in the world rather than just Nolan North and Nolan North Putting On A Womans Voice.

Jintor

It's like how I liked the idea of Vanille and Fang in FFXIII what with their Aussie accents, it's just the characters were stupidheads.

GAME have the wifi PSVita with Ridge Racer and some kinky headphones for $350.
Dick Smith have Once Upon A Monster for $40 so I may need to hit them up for some more Double Fine goodness. HOW DO I OWN ALL THEIR GAMES?

Also I can understand complaining about The 3 Stooges getting a remake but damn, Dragon Tattoo looks to be one of the movie of the year contenders.

Anything on that list can be bundled. The Katamari PSP game and the Tekken bundles aren't though.

The PS3 Katamari is meant to be great.

Hell yes. Just nice to remember that there are different people in the world rather than just Nolan North and Nolan North Putting On A Womans Voice.

The vita deal seems alright. Wonder when we will see the deals from jb etc.

Deeku

I wonder if they're going to make RR Vita an actual game for the western release. Definitely not buying their 3 track 5 car + dlc nonsense.

Almost bought a 3DS today. Almost.

The Zelda anniversary one looks balla but I would only grab it to add to my collection alongside my Crisis Core PSP. Will wait for the dual stick revision
, actually waiting for all the cool niche games to arrive in the next 12 months like we saw with the DS. Phoenix Wright, Contact, 999, Ghost Trick et al!

Choc

Banned
http://www.news.com.au/technology/g...ned-in-australia/story-e6frfrt9-1226227582713

mainstream media, sigh

1. Its illegal to show screenshots of the game in Australia now that it is banned. So they have broken the law. In some ways, fair enough.

2. 'Fans of the original game took to Twitter to air their outrage, calling the Government’s decision thoughtless and arcane.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/technology/g...ia/story-e6frfrt9-1226227582713#ixzz1h9UuQXOu'

uh

its not the Governments decision. Government law puts the COB in place but it is a purely independent body..... Julia Gillard did not say NO NO SYNDICATE NO

Choc

Banned
Where is it illegal to show screenshots of the game man? I mean, of course, sauce.

refused classification content can not be shown, screened or sold within the borders of Australia

a screenshot is showing something.

I'll dig up the act reference in a minute

Jintor

That thing is on the fucking front cover of our goddamn magazine.

I'm unwilling to assert that the use of shown or screened is a reference to screenshots of the game. Any reasonable interpretation would probably relate to an actual demonstration of interactive play. I'd need the legislation to check though.

Top Bottom