• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Salazar

I can't disrespect Tiffany like that. I don't avatar bet. What we have is real.

1. One Indian batsman will make a stylish hundred.
2. A commentator will refer to Siddle's passion and anger, and possibly to him being a good old country boy.
3. Gambhir will fail.
4. There will be drops in the Aussie slips. Consequential drops.

Planned on spending the evening washing and designating clothes around the house. Ended up playing 4 hours of AssCreed Bro just doing side stuff. I have no regrets in my messy house.

2. A commentator will refer to Siddle's passion and anger, and possibly to him being a good old Victorian boy.
Fixed. Without fail. Would bet my son's life on it. Bill will also pledge his undying loyalty to him. Well, maybe that last bit is a touch too much.

Deeku

Awww no avatar bet? That would have been fun!

Spent half the night playing Xenoblade. Great game, just went and bought the soundtrack too!

Then I booted up some more Football Manager 12 (bought it half price the other day from some site). I have no idea what I'm doing but it sure is addictive! I assumed that using Man Utd wouldn't be "fun" so I chose a team in the 1st division with the coolest name - Nottingham Forest! lol I'm about a quarter of the way through the season and I'm 3rd on the table - so doing alright I guess. Only thing that sucks is that I didn't realise the club has like no money so I haven't been able to mess around with transfers. Good fun though, last manager game I played was probably Championship Manager 3 so it's been a while.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Dark Souls is soooooooooooo gooooooooooooood.

Arkham City is sooooooooooooooo goooooooooooooooood.

And I have Rayman Origins sitting there.

And I just bought StarFox 64 3D.

Gaming. Feels good man.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Serious Sam 3 is $12 over at getgamesgo in case anyone was going to jump on the steam $20 daily today.

I just picked it up and activated it on steam. Standard edition of the game, Not like it matters. 3GB to download and it's on 3FL!

Sure does.
Huh. I guess that explains why I have "terrible luck" at work, when I'm looking at a video.

4 predictions from you next. Winner gets to choose the loser's avatar til the Second Test is over.
ie Aus win, I choose yours. India win, you choose mine. SFW, obviously.
I approve heartily of this.

I can't disrespect Tiffany like that. I don't avatar bet. What we have is real.
I am disappointed by this. Deeply, truly and utterly.

Clipper

Hey, guys that are 3DS friends with me and have names that means I can be sure you're from AusGAF (had to skip a few real name people that I was pretty sure or AusGAF guys, but not 100%), make sure you download the new Swapnote thingy for a special message :p.

Although I am sort of scared by what Kritz and some of you may send in response. Let's keep it SFW, guys!

midonnay

woah @ vita bomba

from reports of shipments of 700k to selling 2nd week, 1/7 of 3DS and getting outsold by its papa and cousin.

legend166

woah @ vita bomba

from reports of shipments of 700k to selling 2nd week, 1/7 of 3DS and getting outsold by its papa and cousin.

Although once again I think it's way too early to judge the system, the moving goalposts in the Media Create thread are funny.

"Well duh, of course Sony isn't going to be the handheld market leader. Who really expected them to beat Nintendo?"

JB you crazy. Waiting on 2 orders that are months and months old, they refuse to say they aren't getting stock in and it is still available to buy on the webstore. Ordered The Transformers 1986 bluray and Season 1 of Fosters for the child on Monday and they arrived today. I know what I am doing today.
Ripping the Foster episodes so I can them on a USB so the boy can watch it on the media drive-less TV in the lounge.

you guys know there a demo of bastion on the chrome web store? i didnt https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/oohphhdkahjlioohbalmicpokoefkgid/details
I remember hearing it ran like crap so I never bothered checking it out even though it is a pretty big deal. Square have agreed to make some games for the store too at a recent conference.

Dark Souls is soooooooooooo gooooooooooooood.

Arkham City is sooooooooooooooo goooooooooooooooood.
Got Arkham City still sitting there since launch, about an hour played.
Dark Souls with Artbook on it's way from Zavvi at the moment for $30, looking forward to cracking it open.

Trapped at chatswood station until the night rider arrives. Fucking trackwork.
Still jelly even if you were there until sunrise.

Serious Sam 3 is $12 over at getgamesgo in case anyone was going to jump on the steam $20 daily today.!
Will bite. Looks like fun.

Also Dead Space 2 is $5 on the US Steam store.

woah @ vita bomba

Not to sound like a Vita fanboy but no-one should have expected it to do insane numbers with such strong competition and a light lineup with big PSP titles still coming out. It will be interesting where it sits in 12 months time, or even 2 months when it is out worldwide and the launch titles are released.

Shaneus

When are we getting Wipeout and Lumines for Vita? They're about the only things that could ever get me to consider thinking about maybe buying buying one. Perhaps.

That, and third party memory cards.

Choc

Banned
So i downloaded the 3 new 3DS games on JP 3DS

metal gear is really awesome but the full 3D won't be useable imo. Its to hard to keep the system stable without movement when you are using the controls for various things such as camera control

RE:R also impressive.

New Final Fantasy is guitar hero/rockband with FF music from all the games

wat

but its pretty fun to play. I don't think it will get a western release so i might import it

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Dungeon Defenders 4 pack anyone?

Yea throw me down for 1.

It looks like every game except 1 today that can get you a gift is a tower defense style game. I guess i will be buying them all because really, can you ever have enough tower defense games.

Also, Korean alphabet isn't too shabby except when it's written. I don't get why some words are put below others? Like to spell my name, it's 2 letters going to the right then the last one is thrown underneath it all to finish it off.

Spelling TED in english is just TED but in Korean it seems to be
TE
D

Edit: I just checked TED and it goes across in korean with nothing below. God dammit! I guess there are rules.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Yea throw me down for 1.

It looks like every game except 1 today that can get you a gift is a tower defense style game. I guess i will be buying them all because really, can you ever have enough tower defense games.

Also, Korean alphabet isn't too shabby except when it's written. I don't get why some words are put below others? Like to spell my name, it's 2 letters going to the right then the last one is thrown underneath it all to finish it off.

Spelling TED in english is just TED but in Korean it seems to be
TE
D

Edit: I just checked TED and it goes across in korean with nothing below. God dammit! I guess there are rules.

I guess we know who's doing all the talking when we go !

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I guess we know who's doing all the talking when we go !

녿메

Dungeon Defenders 4 Pack
- Reptile
- Evlcookie

Also did you already get Serious Sam 3? They ran out of keys but someone also said something about not being able to get it outside of the US?

Yea i was able to get my key without any issues this morning. I guess everyone jumped on it and eurogamer caught on. SS3 is probably still worth it at $20 anyway but $12 really was a steal.

Jintor

This OceanMarketting guy just pisses me off so much. His MSNBC interview is all the more aggravating for actually being transcribed correctly, and also him being a sociopath.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Dungeon Defenders 4 Pack
- Reptile
- Evlcookie

Also did you already get Serious Sam 3? They ran out of keys but someone also said something about not being able to get it outside of the US?

Forgot to ask if you had already been through Warrnambool, otherwise I can show you my local Schnitz joint!

Was to head through today! but I'm getting a lift all the way back to melb now :D $35 saved!

Shaneus

I'll chuck this here in case anyone can help, but I have a spare copy of Nation Red from a four pack that I wouldn't mind swapping for SPAZ. Any takers? Both are the same price ATM.

Don't care if it was crafted from coal or whatever, I'd rather just have a game that I can play sitting in my Steam rather than one I can't!

PS. From the vids, it looks like Star Control. Is it?

I'll chuck this here in case anyone can help, but I have a spare copy of Nation Red from a four pack that I wouldn't mind swapping for SPAZ. Any takers? Both are the same price ATM.
Off topic but did you gift me a copy of Nation Red? I swear I remember it happening but I don't have it anywhere? I think my mind is full of fuck this week without work.

This OceanMarketting guy just pisses me off so much. His MSNBC interview is all the more aggravating for actually being transcribed correctly, and also him being a sociopath.
The best bit was when he said that if he was talking on the phone he would have been much more professional. PROOF READ YOUR EMAILS MORON! Also the Obama reference was a nice touch, they both have indeed suffered at the hands of parody and will rise above it to be a great success. Seriously, fuck MSNBC for giving this guy a platform to continue making a living as a cunt. Less people in this world like him the better.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I was able to buy serious sam 3 at $9.99 but my email has no code.

I'll have to play the waiting game ]:

Log into your account and you need request an email for the code. Once you have verified that you are you then another email will come through with the code or you can just view it in your account online.

That's not fair, man. All sides of the story need to be told. You can't just shut your ears to it.

All sides need to be told but it wasn't told in this instance. He says he had a bad day but there are instances of this happening back to the start of this year. He is straight out lying in the interview for damage control reasons. He even says that his other clients are laughing about it. Would be nice for him to explain WHY the problems occurred which lead to the irate customers and how he can do better in the future. All he says in the interview is that he doesn't tolerate emails that are negative. He even says that he might go to PAX but then again might not. Just an empty piece.

Jintor

It's not an editorial piece. It's basically just a direct feed from him to you, and that's fine, because it wasn't there before. He's telling his lying bullshit side of the story and MSNBC is merely transcribing it up, presenting it in a half-way decent format, and leaving it to the reader to judge Paul on his own merits.

Dungeon Defenders 4 Pack
- Reptile
- Evlcookie
- Rahk

Anyone else?

It's not an editorial piece. It's basically just a direct feed from him to you, and that's fine, because it wasn't there before. He's telling his lying bullshit side of the story and MSNBC is merely transcribing it up, presenting it in a half-way decent format, and leaving it to the reader to judge Paul on his own merits.

At the same time they don't bother telling the other side so readers of the piece who have no idea what Penny Arcade (or Reddit or NeoGAF) is won't know the other side of the story. MSNBC is a pretty wide ranging site and it will mean a lot of people will have a view that this poor guy has been torn to shreds by some nerds for no reason.

Just irritates me when the media is happy to misinform people.

His story needs to be told to get to the bottom of WHY this happened. He is a dick but this bust up has come about because of other factors, which seem to be the company developing the device not being consumer friendly either with illegally charging credit cards months and months before shipping out the product.

Maybe I am just annoyed that the person who did the phone interview didn't ask good enough questions, or at the very least create a dialogue to bring out the correct information. When he said he had a bad day the guy on the phone should have brought up the fact that there are other stories from months ago of abusive emails.

Jintor

It reads like the journalist is writing for the people who are already following the OceanMarketting story and not for his regular MSNBC audience, which is admittedly a major flaw in that article. In that sense it's been written as a larger component part to some kind of nebulous all-article which does not, in fact, exist. So yeah, you've got a point.

I don't think you can say whether or not his questions were bad though. The journo's twitter alludes to a couple of more damaging questions that got cut, like one about the site's plagiarism which Paul blamed on 'Indian freelancers'.

is this in response to my post about jap 3ds?

That's primarily where it stings, yeah.

India really should have used the DRS lol

LiWcf.gif

I don't think you can say whether or not his questions were bad though. The journo's twitter alludes to a couple of more damaging questions that got cut, like one about the site's plagiarism which Paul blamed on 'Indian freelancers'.
Good point, can't put all the blame on the journalist when they don't decide what gets cut. Looks like the editor wanted to twist the article to what he wanted.

Yagharek

1. Australia will get a lead of ~260 runs.
2. There will be at least 3 bad decisions that would have been overturned with DRS.
3. You will post no less than 12 bollywood gifs at appropriate times
4. I'll have the last laugh

On point #2, I'm almost there. Only need one more howler.
On point #1, pretty close. Nearly decided on the matter.

#3 is out of my control.

Shaneus

Off topic but did you gift me a copy of Nation Red? I swear I remember it happening but I don't have it anywhere? I think my mind is full of fuck this week without work.
I gave Jase one. THE TRUTH COMES OUT!@!!

Actually, I wasn't sure if I gave it to you or not, but going by my accounting, one went to Jase, one went to my brother and one went to me. If you were interested in it, would you want to gift me a copy of SPAZ for it? Only go for it if you're actually interested, though. Don't want you buying it just for the sake of doing me a favour. But it does look like a fun little twin-sticker.

Top Bottom