• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

commissar

Log into your account and you need request an email for the code. Once you have verified that you are you then another email will come through with the code or you can just view it in your account online.

Nope. There is no unlock code ]:

will have to wait for them to get more keys.

All good Shaneus, just had it in my mind for some reason, maybe you offered it to me in trade for something earlier. Was thinking of grabbing SPAZ for myself maybe so don't think I will go a trade yet.

Feeding my child chocolate biscuits from a hamper so I can watch the Cricket with him. I am a horrible father.

Pulled the trigger on some flights to San Fransisco next year. Feels good.

Just debating what to do with the 3-4 days we've allocated to driving around northern california.
Looks like we're going to Yosemite National Park (to counter my wife pronouncing it to rhyme with Vegemite, I'm pronouncing Vegemite to rhyme with Yosemite) and the Napa Valley and 8 days in SF itself.

Super jelly Clive. Make sure to stalk the Idle Thumbs boys!

Dungeon Defenders 4 pack done. Although I haven't sent Rahk his copy yet as I can't tell which one is left. Hopefully it clears them out of my inventory so I can see!

Pattinson is a better form of Mitchell Johnson.
Batting quite well and is looking to be a promising bowler if he can avoid injury. His little cameo with Hilf will make a strong psychological impact on the Indian batsmen.

EDIT: and Hilf runs 4, crikey!
EDIT2: and through the cover for 4! India in shambles.

Deeku

Hey, guys that are 3DS friends with me and have names that means I can be sure you're from AusGAF (had to skip a few real name people that I was pretty sure or AusGAF guys, but not 100%), make sure you download the new Swapnote thingy for a special message :p.

Although I am sort of scared by what Kritz and some of you may send in response. Let's keep it SFW, guys!
Just downloaded it. Got bombarded with Mandiller messages! Eatchildren's message was pretty good too lol!

Pretty cool little app, but like you I am no artist so I probably won't use it much.

Edit: just sent one heh.

Clipper

Just debating what to do with the 3-4 days we've allocated to driving around northern california.
Looks like we're going to Yosemite National Park (to counter my wife pronouncing it to rhyme with Vegemite, I'm pronouncing Vegemite to rhyme with Yosemite) and the Napa Valley and 8 days in SF itself.
Yosemite is pretty much my favourite place on Earth, so enjoy! I'd spend the whole time in Yosemite if I were you, there's tons of stuff to see and it's much more interesting than the wine country (perhaps do a day trip wine tour out of San Fran for the Napa Valley).

Also, go watch some Yosemite Sam cartoons on Youtube or something to really put her in her place :p.

Just downloaded it. Got bombarded with Mandiller messages! Eatchildren's message was pretty good too lol!

Pretty cool little app, but like you I am no artist so I probably won't use it much.

Edit: just sent one heh.
I got bombarded with 20 messages from various people (mostly from another forum) after sending that one this morning. Even with the lack or artistic talent, it's still a fun messaging app that I think I will use anyway.

Pattinson has a very handy batting average of nearly 30 runs after his efforts this match. Hopefully he has the energy now to send down some fantastic balls.

Shaneus

That reminds me: Vegemite Smith's chips at Coles are 50c a bag at my local. I'm guessing the limited thing has run out? Feels like longer than 8 weeks they were around.

And holy fuuuuuu at the weather on Sunday. Just what I need, ANOTHER fucking excuse for muzza's to walk around with their shirts off. Maybe I should do the same and blind all of them. No D&G sunnies can withstand me at full glare.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
How does this - 아바나 - which translates to a-ba-na end up being havana ?! I can understand it sounds like it, But wat!

Oh Korea, You so crazy.

I will send you're $2.81 after work reptile. Thanks for it!

I feel pretty happy to have this week off. Finally get to watch some Cricket!

Holy fuck, 20 new 3DS letters on sign-in? AMAZING.
It's Streetpassing all over again! The social stuff is the main draw of handhelds for me aside from the niche titles.

I will send you're $2.81 after work reptile. Thanks for it!
Also Paypal tip, if you pay out of your bank account rather than through credit card details we won't get charged the extra 30c and percentage. Pretty sure all it takes is for them to authorise your bank.

Shaneus

Why in the hell is there some POS 1948 movie showing on a high-def channel, yet the boxing day test is being shown in SD? It makes no fucking sense.

midonnay

correct me if wrong but until the new anti-siphoning rules kick in..... I think they have to broadcast cricket on the main channel.

ie: if they do Hidef, they have to broadcast it on two channels.

Shaneus

Does anyone broadcast in HD anymore?
One, which is a HD channel, mostly broadcasts old shit that's still in 4:3. Gem is a chick's channel that has old shit on it that's mostly non-HD. I don't even think CSI is on there anymore, which was one of the big international shows they were pushing as being HD. Conan's on there, but I think that's an SD feed they broadcast. ABC news channel is, but it's fucking news. Same as SBS, who may be the only station that make the most of it. Maybe.

So, no-one interested in Nation Red? If not, I'll drop the $2.50 on SPAZ rather than trading NR for it.

Rahk

Also Paypal tip, if you pay out of your bank account rather than through credit card details we won't get charged the extra 30c and percentage. Pretty sure all it takes is for them to authorise your bank.
My bank account is set as primary and credit card is secondary, but it still charges the fee.

Choc

Banned
correct me if wrong but until the new anti-siphoning rules kick in..... I think they have to broadcast cricket on the main channel.

ie: if they do Hidef, they have to broadcast it on two channels.

HD Cameras are there and being used as well which makes it worse. Foxtel HD shows highlights each night in HD

My bank account is set as primary and credit card is secondary, but it still charges the fee.

They charge a 1% fee on the person transferring money but if everyone is using bank accounts that is the only fee involved. If you transfer from credit card it seems to add on quite a bit.

fuck paypal

edit: it was really cool of Louis C.K. and others to let us avoid using Paypal but still give them moneyss

Looks like we're going to Yosemite National Park (to counter my wife pronouncing it to rhyme with Vegemite, I'm pronouncing Vegemite to rhyme with Yosemite)

haha that's great.

Siddle!
CpGNc.gif

This is the big partnership now.

Damnit! If Warner hit it would have been game over.

Oh, games something something. Actually I do have something gaming related. Installing TF2 from disc. 11GB! Insane. I'm sure there will be 5Gb of patches too.
OH. Actually it is originally 4Gb. With 6.5Gb of patches...

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Fuck. Because my L license is so old i actually can't renew it over the phone, I have to go in and take a new picture.

I have no idea when I can do that since i'm the only one here at the moment and work is going to be beyond busy starting next week. Plus until I can get it then I can't do any lessons for my test in early feb. Guess I will have to push that back a bit.

Fuuuuuuuu

Fuck. Because my L license is so old i actually can't renew it over the phone, I have to go in and take a new picture.

I have no idea when I can do that since i'm the only one here at the moment and work is going to be beyond busy starting next week. Plus until I can get it then I can't do any lessons for my test in early feb. Guess I will have to push that back a bit.

Fuuuuuuuu

Take an extra long lunch break, when I got mine done it really only took 15 minutes from walking in the door, waiting for my ticket to get buzzed up and paying my cash and getting my beautiful face snapped.

WTF @ 3DS/Vita sales :eek:
Now Nintendo AND Sony are doomed! ;)

heh.

Guarantee you will never see ign/kotaku/joystiq/gamespot/1up etc ever say Sony is doomed.

Well, Nintendo are the only ones reliant on the gaming industry since they gave up their illustrious pachinko operation.

Plus Sony do a good job with the weasel PR while Nintendo are happy to let the games speak for themselves, rather than perking the joint up.

Rahk

Damnit! If Warner hit it would have been game over.

Oh, games something something. Actually I do have something gaming related. Installing TF2 from disc. 11GB! Insane. I'm sure there will be 5Gb of patches too.
OH. Actually it is originally 4Gb. With 6.5Gb of patches...

6.5GB worth of hats!

Isnt Sony's most profitable current division an insurance spinoff?

Sony Music, featuring Jackson, Jimi Hendrix and Kelly Clarkson, was the second-biggest contributor of operating income at Sony after financial services during the fiscal year that ended in March. Sony Pictures, producer of "The Smurfs," "The Social Network" and "Spider-Man," was the third-biggest.
Link
Leverage if I ever saw it (although it's not like the rest of the company is doing well).

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Take an extra long lunch break, when I got mine done it really only took 15 minutes from walking in the door, waiting for my ticket to get buzzed up and paying my cash and getting my beautiful face snapped.

None are really close here. Would take me a good while to head out to a location and get it done. I might need to do it in the morning sometime before heading to work.

I do feel like pushing back the test a few months. I still want to pick up a car and cruise around in it a little bit to build up confidence.

Yagharek

Link
Leverage if I ever saw it (although it's not like the rest of the company is doing well).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=452811

This is what I was referring to.

As summer went on, the 34-year-old analyst became more inclined to agree with the sales staff. His reports got crankier. In an Aug. 30 report titled “Pushing Reset,” he downgraded his rating to “neutral” and noted something remarkable. For the past nine years, the business that has accumulated more profit than the rest of Sony combined is financial services, mostly life insurance, with some auto insurance and banking. “Sony,” Loff says, “is a life insurance company with a money-losing TV business.”

edit: your quote backs me up - music is the second most profitable sector for them.

No doubt they have amazing brand recognition and content, but from a gaming perspective they are in some rough times.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=452811

This is what I was referring to.

edit: your quote backs me up - music is the second most profitable sector for them.

No doubt they have amazing brand recognition and content, but from a gaming perspective they are in some rough times.

All their electronics divisions have taken a massive nose dive over the last decade. They seriously have been out done by their competitors in everything electronic. They almost don't even make their own TV's any more.

The worst thing is that even the Financial division is down this year

Sales decreased 5.3% year-on-year to 806.5 billion yen. Operating income decreased 43.7 billion yen year-on-year to 118.8 billion yen
Link

They need to bring all their shit together and start making use of their resources before they get cut into pieces and torn apart.

Yagharek

Yep. Intense competition from Microsoft, Apple, Samsung and Nintendo has certainly taken its toll. That said, how many companies could even withstand that competition and still remain standing?!

Caught! Yes!

This is the reason that FF 13-2 was down on sales in Japan. I blame it for everything that is wrong with Square since they merged.

Yep. Intense competition from Microsoft, Apple, Samsung and Nintendo has certainly taken its toll. That said, how many companies could even withstand that competition and still remain standing?!

Weren't they worth $100 billion a decade ago? They have done well to diversify but in the end that may be what brings them down. Need to innovate and capitalise like the Sony of old. Something like a TV that you can stream any Sony related movie or music to for free any time you want. I liked that 3D TV package they brought out in the US recently.

Top Bottom