• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Choc

Banned
Dave warner scores 100 goes plays some twenty20 and thinks test cricket is t20. But his spot is assured. He is the media golden boy now. The way Lawry et al were faffing over him yesterday was absurd.

fake edit: 5, gone.

also Ian Healy is the most biased commentator in the HISTORY of sport. It's all well and good to want your nation to win but you're broadcast is going worldwide to millions. You need to remember that. If he can't change he should go.

Choc

Banned
Not sure whats worse; dave warner getting out playing T20 shots or Ed Cowan looking like a deer in headlights always.

Also, they better not turn Warner into another Hughes, He deserves more than that.

Salazar

G0DfD.gif

2/16 ? Oh my.

Rezbit

Where is the moxie that Australia used to have. It has gorn. Michael Clarke does not have it, nor the ability to bestow it upon others. You fucking suck, Michael Clarke.

I have a poor memory for presents, but my most vivid memory is a Game Boy Colour (Aussie version) and Pokemon Gold when I was, I don't know, 10 or 11 or something.
Ha. My sisters birthday is 11 days before mine. One year she got a Game Boy Colour that I had been fiending for all year. Was absolutely gutted especially when she kept waving it in my face and saying, "hahahahha!". This was all within seconds of opening it of course. Didn't let her see how upset I was.

11 days later I open my present to find the PIKACHU EDITION GAME BOY COLOUR! IN YOUR FACE YOU BITCH! Didn't even need to say anything. As soon as the wrapping came off she burst into tears and screamed at my parents.

Felt like a boss. Best feeling in the world.

Predictions

end of pontings career or glorious 100?
Glorious 50ish but strong enough for Hussey to get 50 as well to reach 200odd which is enough to put the pressure on the crumbly Indian lineup after their first innings.

You fucking suck, Michael Clarke.

With any luck he'll meet a similar fate.
Worshiped by thousands and made a national hero in the coming years? Certainly hope not. Police seem inept.

oh no, cricket discussion.

Ha. My sisters birthday is 11 days before mine. One year she got a Game Boy Colour that I had been fiending for all year. Was absolutely gutted especially when she kept waving it in my face and saying, "hahahahha!". This was all within seconds of opening it of course. Didn't let her see how upset I was.

11 days later I open my present to find the PIKACHU EDITION GAME BOY COLOUR! IN YOUR FACE YOU BITCH! Didn't even need to say anything. As soon as the wrapping came off she burst into tears and screamed at my parents.

I saved up and bought a GBA and Pokemon crystal when I was 9ish. It took me so long to save up, since I only got money from my grandparents ($50) at Christmas each year. But damn it was worth it. Only pokemon game I finished, I think.

Grug

You seriously had to go for the arrow to the knee meme? :p

Oh dear, history fail! Ned Kelly made getting shot in the knee fashionable long before Skyrim ripped him off. :p

He also stole someone's sweet roll during the siege at Jerilderie.

Choc

Banned
ocean marketing/stratagy is amazing

also his recent tweets are lulz

'i have your CC details, wait till some nigerians get them!'

:|

even major nelson tweeted a funny. this shits insane. Reddit is crazy over it. The stuff they have found is crazy

Rezbit

:lol What a great story. I'm a bit younger than my older siblings so never had that sort of stuff.

That's @oceanstretegy, a troll account, you want @oceanstratagy.

Hey Jintor you are a journalistic man, can you find who the actual company are who make the damn thing? Can't find any actual PR on the device being to help disabled gamers. Plus the fact that this guy has been doing the marketing/PR/customer support/god knows what else for at least 12 months, coupled with the fact that deliveries of the device are as long as 6 months from when they charge your credit card, leaves me with little sympathy for the originating company who designed the thing. They seem just as douchey as Ocean Whateva.

Jintor

Indeed, this whole Ocean Marketting fiasco has buried legitimate information about it. The main company is called N-Control which is either run by Kotkin Enterprises, LLC or iControl Enterprises, LLC. In any case, the controller itself was invented by a fella named David Kotkin, who initially created the device for one of his students who had a skin condition preventing him from holding the controller properly. Interestingly, Kotkin and Christoforo run a business together called Afternoon Artists Inc. in Florida, though I have no idea what it is.

/edit Sorry, Christoforo is not a part-owner of the business, just employed as a secretary apparently.

Indeed, this whole Ocean Marketting fiasco has buried legitimate information about it. The main company is called N-Control which is either run by Kotkin Enterprises, LLC or iControl Enterprises, LLC. In any case, the controller itself was invented by a fella named David Kotkin, who initially created the device for one of his students who had a skin condition preventing him from holding the controller properly. Interestingly, Kotkin and Christoforo run a business together called Afternoon Artists Inc. in Florida, though I have no idea what it is.

Thanks! Aside from the fact that letting your 14 year old son play Call of Duty online is a horrible idea it has indeed come from a fantastic place. Pity it turned to shit so quickly, wonder why this Kotkin guy hasn't stepped in over the last few months to make things right for all the people slighted by the company.

The N-Control makes no mention of it either which is disappointing. Must mean that the Kotkin dude sold up early or has no say in the use of his invention.

Jintor

Thanks! Aside from the fact that letting your 14 year old son play Call of Duty online is a horrible idea it has indeed come from a fantastic place. Pity it turned to shit so quickly, wonder why this Kotkin guy hasn't stepped in over the last few months to make things right for all the people slighted by the company.

The N-Control makes no mention of it either which is disappointing. Must mean that the Kotkin dude sold up early or has no say in the use of his invention.

I'm assuming that Paul runs the marketing division. I'm not really doing any digging on this, not my story. Fun to watch though.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
For those who are running a Crucial M4 SSD. There looks to be some sort of odd issue going around at the moment with the drives failing. They don't believe it's caused by the firmware however a firmware update in the new year could fix it.

So if your machine starts to BSOD with error code 0x00000f4 it's the SSD shitting itself for whatever reason.

Threads over on the official forums
http://forums.crucial.com/t5/Solid-State-Drives-SSD/0x00000f4-error-on-M4-64GB/td-p/76392
http://forums.crucial.com/t5/Solid-State-Drives-SSD/0x00000f4-error-on-M4-64GB/m-p/77298#M23632

Mine is still going strong, Although i'm not at home right now D:

For those who are running a Crucial M4 SSD. There looks to be some sort of odd issue going around at the moment with the drives failing. They don't believe it's caused by the firmware however a firmware update in the new year could fix it.

So if your machine starts to BSOD with error code 0x00000f4 it's the SSD shitting itself for whatever reason.

Threads over on the official forums
http://forums.crucial.com/t5/Solid-State-Drives-SSD/0x00000f4-error-on-M4-64GB/td-p/76392
http://forums.crucial.com/t5/Solid-State-Drives-SSD/0x00000f4-error-on-M4-64GB/m-p/77298#M23632

Mine is still going strong, Although i'm not at home right now D:

Saying to myself that since mine is a 128Gb SSD it won't happen to me...

Top Bottom