• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Fredescu

Sounds like a broken game. Patch it, or ban people, I wonder what would bioware/ea would do?
All MMOs have at some point in their lives exploitable bugs that if left unchecked can ruin the in game economy and affect other peoples enjoyment of the game. It's important for the playerbase to know that this shit gets punished. Patches have to go through a certification process lest they break something else. In the time it takes for an emergency patch to come out, the economy would be screwed already.

Big collapse by India in the cricket.
140825.jpg

Budget? Purpose?
This is a good general monitor. A 24" 16:10 IPS panel for $280: http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/...cs=audhs1&l=en&s=dhs&sku=230-12093&redirect=1
If it's for gaming and you regularly keep your video card up to date, a 120Hz monitor wouldn't be a bad idea. Not for the 3D, but for the 120fps.
I picked up the 23" IPS for around $170 and it is incredible. Runs and looks brilliantly. Highly recommend Dell.

I'm glad I only paid $3 to rent LA Noire. I bought the Season Pass for $10 and $13 is pretty much all that I would pay for that experience. Most overrated (SP) game since GTA4.

Choc

Banned
Sounds like a broken game. Patch it, or ban people, I wonder what would bioware/ea would do?

Not necessarily broken. Bioware has said its legal to go and do this (after all they do let you go to that planet at level 15 even though its a 50 planet supposedly)

the risk is especially on a PVP server you can get ganked over and over again by 50's of the other side. on a pve server its a lot easier to do this

what this guy was doing was creating alts and hitting that chest over and over again. So hit the chest, log out log in with out and get chest again

over and over again, each time he went back in as someone else the timer had reset

Fredescu

Why didnt they patch it before then?
I have no idea what the nature of the problem that caused the exploit was and neither do you. How can either of us comment on how long this particular problem takes to fix? One thing I will point out is that other people are a key game mechanic in MMOs. Suspending exploiters is basically fixing a broken game mechanic.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
oh my god sport is so boring

Yeah, total... HOLY SHIT TENDULKAR GONE, GAME OVER, SALAZAR'S DELICIOUS TEARS!

SERIES IS OVER BITCHES. AUSTRALIA WINS. TAKE YOUR STUFF AND BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME. MAYBE SPEND SOME MORE TIME ON THE PITCHES HERE GETTING USED TO THE SUBTLE CHANGES. NICE TO SEE YOU GUYS AGAIN THOUGH.

Choc

Banned
given how wrong i was about shanshan if i didnt know it wasnt true i would believe its deek

i thought shanshan (like the rest of you!) was asian

Rezbit

Hired out Dark Souls as I heard it can be a bit of an acquired taste. Wow I'm glad I did, I think it's a terrible game. Controls are the worst, makes it feel low budget.

Also happy to see Hilfy back amongst it.

Jintor

i thought shanshan (like the rest of you!) was asian

racist!

no no, he means a large number of us thought shan shan was asian : )

If he had meant that he would have put the bracketed line after I to denote the subject of the subthought! and as we all know, choc is a master of grammar, so he clearly never would have made such a heinous error!

Jintor

Man, I wish I knew enough photography to tell why I like that image so much

i have zero interest in cricket and that image looks rad

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag

Rule of thirds and golden spiral.

It's always those.

Just say one of those and you'll sound like you know enough.

Captures the moment perfectly. Would look like a stunning victory if the ball was an inch towards the batsman and looks like the bowler has outfoxed him in this case. Shows how close each ball is to being the last for a batsman even when they are playing incredibly well.

Top Bottom