• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Kritz

Banned
too bad i missed it. how did things end up wrapping up then. what did you do with the pointy stone after we promised not to kill the dragon. did you get sweet loots.

Clipper used the stone - it's destroyed. Some orcs tried to ambush everyone to recover the stone, and it ended in a wonderful fight where clipper and rahk were stuggling to stay up, but by the time that Don finally came around things were pretty much done for the orcs. Turns out the original quest giver was a werewolf, and had planned to betray the group for a chance to get the stone for herself. Nobody connected her death to the party. The lady wizard orc in the book room is still around somewhere in the world.

The party have now ventured back to a nearby, less deadly town, and you all have the chance now to buy equipment and sell items (speak to clipper about this I guess).

I will be running the next two weeks as part of the "Aon: Vietnam" holiday special.

whaaaa???

oh yeah btw kritz
they made winry's boobs bigger and changed the song.
i dont like that.
Edit: they continue to get bigger from episode to episode. I dont like what they [the creators/artists] are doing here.

welcome to anime.

Could be keen. Haven't played a Sam game since the first one. Loved the crap out of it though. How much is it on Steam?

SS3 is like $40. It's probably not worth it at that price.

I still have RAGE but you said you didn't want it yet!
Work was closed over the Christmas break (I receive all my packages there as Australia Post just dumps stuff on my doorstep) and I was away for half of it, so sending it wouldn't have made any sense...

If no one has a problem with me having two community games at once then send away... I'll wait 50 more posts before taking them both.

legend166

Cross posting this from BigFooty for all the Clarke haters. And because I spent like 20 minutes looking up stats (I could seriously spend hours and hours looking up cricket stats. <3 cricinfo) so I don't want it to go to waste.

I know people have short memories, but here's what actually happened with Clarke:

After he was dropped following the 2005 Ashes series, he dominated the 05/06 summer. He averaged 92 in first class matches and 45 for Australia in the ODI triangular series.

So he got a deserved recall to the test side for the Bangladesh tour in 2006.

Now, between that time until before the series against Pakistan in England in 2010 (i.e. when his pretty severe form slump started), he scored 3303 runs at an average of 59. He scored three more hundreds (12) during that period than any other Australian batsman. Only Ponting scored more runs, with 3327 at an average of 50. So with those figures I think it's pretty easy to say that Clarke was the best performing Australian batsman for around four years.

And yet, people act as if it was an absolute scandal that Clarke was 'anointed' as the next skipper. Not only was there no one else, Clarke easily deserved it.

dealwithit.gif

What is this crazy box you people are talking about? IVgen? Wait, is it INgen? Something Jurassic Park related?

I concur. Choc's mysterious $20 edition would be rad. But $40 is a bridge too far I think

Clipper

Clipper used the stone - it's destroyed. Some orcs tried to ambush everyone to recover the stone, and it ended in a wonderful fight where clipper and rahk were stuggling to stay up, but by the time that Don finally came around things were pretty much done for the orcs. Turns out the original quest giver was a werewolf, and had planned to betray the group for a chance to get the stone for herself. Nobody connected her death to the party. The lady wizard orc in the book room is still around somewhere in the world.

The party have now ventured back to a nearby, less deadly town, and you all have the chance now to buy equipment and sell items (speak to clipper about this I guess).

I will be running the next two weeks as part of the "Aon: Vietnam" holiday special.
Nice summary, and yeah, the regulars' sheets are updated already with total gold so that you can figure out what to buy (hint for you Arnie: ritual reagents). I can update the sheets of those guys that haven't played yet too, as we'll have at least one spot available due to our Dwarf Cleric ascending to a higher realm to DM temporarily...

Also, even with the diamonds and bullion sold off, we don't have enough money to buy any magic weapons or anything, unless people want to pool cash. However, we seem to actually be on level appropriate gold for our levels (although we are also 60% of the way to leveling up...)

Dead Man

Cross posting this from BigFooty for all the Clarke haters. And because I spent like 20 minutes looking up stats (I could seriously spend hours and hours looking up cricket stats. <3 cricinfo) so I don't want it to go to waste.

dealwithit.gif

Here's a thought. Best batting average =/= good captain.

Dead Man

Yeah, we should use that other easily quantifiable measure of good captaincy.

So use a bad measure rather than try to figure out a good one? Yeah, that's the way to advance! And using a bad measure to try to justify a decision is not overly convincing.

Rezbit

dealwithit.gif

Admit it, you got a bit of a semi typing that up.

Damn he's looking good though.

Shaneus

Muglh.gif

Dick move by Clarke to hog the strike for that final over though. Punter was on fire! He wanted that damn ton and now he won't be able to eat his risotto with all the worry.
Great knock at the perfect time when we needed it.
I must know what that anigif is from. Also that BBT comic is legendary. Also, I found that I had $3 sitting in my GMG account somehow. Not sure why, possibly from when I traded in that freebie Red Orchestra via them.. but I would've thought I'd use it when buying Sonic Generations. Oh wells.

Also, nothing like a good afternoon of pinball with the broseph, despite getting my arse handed to me. Still trying to work out why there's such a weird version of World Cup 94 there, though.

legend166

Admit it, you got a bit of a semi typing that up.

Damn he's looking good though.

I did. I said it Steam chat awhile ago, nothing is more satisfying than proving people wrong with statistics :p

Anyway, the context of the argument on BigFooty was that Clarke didn't 'deserve' the captaincy because he wasn't very good.

Clarkes top score! Hope he ends up not out just to see that little asterisk next to his score all the time

I did. I said it Steam chat awhile ago, nothing is more satisfying than proving people wrong with statistics :p

Anyway, the context of the argument on BigFooty was that Clarke didn't 'deserve' the captaincy because he wasn't very good.

Who the hell DID they say deserved the captaincy? No one else was young enough yet in good enough form to actually stand up and drag the team forward. I will admit that I haven't been entirely happy with his batting since but today's effort is a true captains knock and he has made plenty of runs since taking over. If he can keep putting in a score when we need someone to stand up I will be pleased as punch.

Haven't bothered reading Big Footy for a long while now.

Fredescu

So use a bad measure rather than try to figure out a good one? Yeah, that's the way to advance! And using a bad measure to try to justify a decision is not overly convincing.
Who says it's a bad measure? It's just not the only measure. It's the best way of figuring out who is going to be around in the team for the longest, which tends to be what the captaincy decision is based on unless there's some kind of drama.

Choc

Banned
I haven't been entirely happy with his batting since but today's effort is a true captains knock and he has made plenty of runs since taking over. If he can keep putting in a score when we need someone to stand up I will be pleased as punch.

Haven't bothered reading Big Footy for a long while now.

time to pull out his stats since taking the capt legend

apparently its been pretty good compared to before he took it

Rezbit

Clarke was always going to be captain. I never really liked him as a personality as hes a bit of a metro wanker. Looking through the team though there was no other candidate for captain. Hopefully he takes the team forward. That top order needs to click very soon.

time to pull out his stats since taking the capt legend

apparently its been pretty good compared to before he took it

I haven't been entirely happy with his batting since
does not mean that he has a low average Choc. It means I have not been entirely happy with is batting since taking the captaincy.

That top order needs to click very soon.
He has some say with the selectors so at least he can have a bit more impact on who they chop and change now.

Won't be today I wouldn't have thought, just so much time to go. Grind India into the dust and hopefully be 300ish ahead at the end of the day.
Would be for the best as long as the rain stays away. We only need a day to bowl them all out again.

Fredescu

does not mean that he has a low average Choc. It means I have not been entirely happy with is batting since taking the captaincy.
I sort of agree, but it applies to whole team. There's no particular reason to single him out, other than to say he's been the best of a bad bunch.

I sort of agree, but it applies to whole team. There's no particular reason to single him out, other than to say he's been the best of a bad bunch.

Indeed, there really isn't anyone to point at and say have pulled the team up by their socks and got some solid scores every match. Clarke made some big scores, just like Hussey and Warner have, but I was more annoyed that he didn't fire when he was coming in with the score in big trouble and leaving it to the bowlers to add on 70-90 runs to post a decent total.

His innings in this match though is exactly what I want to see, coming in at a horrible score of 3/37 and dragging us back into the match.

EDIT: I pretty much just demanded that he win every single game we play, off his own bat/bowling/fielding if needed. I always gave Ponting shit for the same thing even though I knew it wasn't just his fault if we ever lost a match. I am a greedy bastard, I know.

welcome to anime.

awww yeah. thats my nat 20 at work for you and props to Don for being preemptive on that bitch. she got what was coming to her, even if it was a lot sooner than perhaps should have been.
sounds good.
do we have a date for the next session and are you excited about dming your own story? wait are you even making your own story?

and yeah i know thats anime but thats still shitty. then again shes around that age and there was that remark about ed growing too so i spose its less entirely impossible to believe there was reasoning behind it.

guidop

Honestly Clarke created the hate himself most people liked him even after the ashes loss in '05 people liked him. It was the flaunting of wealth, poor sportsmanship, lack of humility and his relationship with Lara Bingle that turned the public against him. I don't blame people being angry when one of the highest honors in Australia was destinted for a guy that most people thought was a dickhead. He will be a better captain then Ponting though how you gonna lose 3 ashes campaigns punter?

legend166

Honestly Clarke created the hate himself most people liked him even after the ashes loss in '05 people liked him. It was the flaunting of wealth, poor sportsmanship, lack of humility and his relationship with Lara Bingle that turned the public against him. I don't blame people being angry when one of the highest honors in Australia was destinted for a guy that most people thought was a dickhead. He will be a better captain then Ponting though how you gonna lose 3 ashes campaigns punter?

[citations needed]

Flaunting of wealth? No worse than Warnie. Poor sportsmanship? Lack of humility? Examples? He dumped Bingle. People still hated him.

Top Bottom