• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Make bacon your life partner, cut out the middlerasherman.
1fDrR.gif

Decided to checkout OT even though everytime I read the threads there I come out shaking my head. 11 year old girl got a bum phone? Oh. The topic has moved onto mobile phones? Oh. I hope the moronic people in those threads don't have to interact with anyone I love.
No more OT for me I think.

Dear "you all know who".

Thanks.

Have fun over there! When you get back you should move down to Victoria because we have nice things down here. Also do you need Vegemite and Tim Tams?

Dead Man

Decided to checkout OT even though everytime I read the threads there I come out shaking my head. 11 year old girl got a bum phone? Oh. The topic has moved onto mobile phones? Oh. I hope the moronic people in those threads don't have to interact with anyone I love.
No more OT for me I think.

Have fun over there! When you get back you should move down to Victoria because we have nice things down here. Also do you need Vegemite and Tim Tams?

OT is where the fun is. It is like a microcosm of the human condition.

Kritz

Banned
The OT is filled with liberal patriotic sport obsessed double standardising tossers.
GA is filled with people who play nintendo games.

I hate them both.

Rezbit

The OT is filled with liberal patriotic sport obsessed double standardising tossers.
GA is filled with people who play nintendo games.

I hate them both.

I like sport and Nintendo games. I am doomed.

But I only really ever post in this thread these days. Stand in awe of my 3.29 posts per day.

Yoghurt?

I have discovered a new delicious breakfast: Asparagus and melted cheese on toast. Doesn't quite compare to the amazingness that is hashbrowns, eggs and beans, but its up there I'm telling you.

Rice: I found a great recipe for katsu-don. its fairly easy. Heat up a chicken/pork fillet in the oven. Put soy sauce, mirin/sake, chicken stock and sugar into a fry pan and fry it with onion. Add the chicken/pork. Add a whisked egg. Pour the omelette thing on to rice.

I like that you called it that.

Danoss

This is the first time I've heard someone shorten Tiffany to Fany lol!

Same, it's usually Tiff or Tiffy.

Fany is one letter short of a colloquial name for something else. Since I can't link a pic of a Fanny without being banned, here's a pic of a Fanie instead.

OQpZH.jpg

Omikron

I don't make new years resolutions, in fact, I tend to completely shy away from them.

But if there is one thing I need to do this year, is actually finish projects that I start. Fucking bad habit getting distracted. :p

But if there is one thing I need to do this year, is actually finish projects that I start. Fucking bad habit getting distracted. :p
Let me guess, you 'break the back' (as my old boss used to say) of them technically, and then lose all interest once the technical challenge is gone? Because that's pretty much what I do...

Omikron

Let me guess, you 'break the back' (as my old boss used to say) of them technically, and then lose all interest once the technical challenge is gone? Because that's pretty much what I do...

Yeah. The bane of someone just in it for the challenge and with no interest for whatever the 'reward' is for completing the thing for maybe others to enjoy.

This time I am determined! :p

Teaser of what I have been up to this weekend while trying to fight off a cold.

AimyzT5CEAUoTam.png:large

Thanks to reptilescorpio for the idea. :p

Omikron

Over the weekend thanks to your Twitter back and forths, I learned that Steam has categories.

:lol

Yeah, did you discover how awful they are to use?

It is a bit of a why bother moment tbh. Especially when you have > 200 games in your list.

FWIW: Processing the file that gives what I believe to be all the games is a bitch, sucker is one massive line of text that makes up a file that is > 2mb in size. Ugh.

*Tippy-toes out into the light while holding a hand over eyes to shield from sun*

Hello all, holidays are over, back at work today.
Lots to do for the start of the year.
TOR is fantastic, really enjoying it. Still house hunting, 1 month to go till i'm kicked out, i freaking hate how hard this is.

You can have more than one category. It's just adding them which is a complete pain. You have to do it one by one.
I meant you can't add more than one category to a game. So for example you couldn't add Breath of Death VII to separate 'Indie' and 'RPG' categories if you had them.

Omikron

You can have more than one category. It's just adding them which is a complete pain. You have to do it one by one.

Its not just the one by one aspect that is annoying, it is the whole, right click the game, click Change Category (or whatever the menu item is), then either select and existing one, or type something new in. Then click ok.

Meh.

Especially when you lose them :~(

If you could drag items inside your Steam Library browser, problem solved imo.

I meant you can't add more than one category to a game. So for example you couldn't add Breath of Death VII to separate 'Indie' and 'RPG' categories if you had them.

Based on what I have seen in the cfg files behind the scenes, the infrastructure is there to have multiple categories per game/app on steam, just no facility to show them in the Library.

Good day to escape to the air-conditioned office!
Every job I'm booking in today I'm making sure the photographer can go to while I stay in the office. Sucked in snapper

Not for us Sydney people, it's only going to be 26° here today.

23° and clearing in Adelaide today.

=]

I'm trying to think of a way of saying something without sounding like a complete arsehole. I can't. Fuck you both.

Change of plan! It's beach time!

(Not really, magazine to send)

InDesign has literally taken 20 minutes to initialise.

Classic InDesign. I'm pretty happy I don't have to use it here. Although the program we use is way shitter, at least it's not InDesign

Deeku

Who the fuck designed MQ's enrolment website so that I can't select multiple courses at a time? : |
No more enrolling for me bahaha ;D

Actually I'm still half thinking about doing postgrad. Then I can go into that special postgrad only area in the new library!

Jintor

I'm gonna be doing so much media law this year, it's gonna be awesome

speaking of which choc you done with my paper? I might send it on to Serrels and Goose

Top Bottom