• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

AAAAH I wake up to HORRIBLE MELTING deeeeeath. My god its hot. Having all the windows shut (it was smokey last night) didn't help.

These make up on dudes shows are amazing:

b659edb7-s.jpg

D: What?! AKB?!

I don't make new years resolutions, in fact, I tend to completely shy away from them.

I'd write a new list but its basically the same as last year:
- get a job
- past next level of JLPT
- find a good dojo that is not an hour away
- get my P's.

Hi guys what did I miss

cups!

Deeku

lol

I couldn't remember what to say after a meal yesterday :<

gochisosama, right?
I...don't know actually:/

I really should have taken speaking units on top of the normal Japanese units. I have no confidence in speaking but I can understand and read most things apart from complicated news articles.

Dojo? What art do you do shanshan?

I'm always looking for NEW CHALLENGERS

ROUND ONE

FIGHT!

haha. I did mixed martial arts for a while, and then I did Tae kwon do. Finding it hard to find a good place that is both close and not a scam :p

They nailed the akb look lol!

What level are you jlpt? I reckon if I was to try, I'd go for N3. But I'd probably need to seriously increase my vocab and kanji and not rely on my chinese knowledge to fake it.

Well, I just did N3 so I'll be going for N2 this year (aaaah). Vocab was the hardest part of the test for me :s really need to study up more. Listening is easy, kanji's also fairly easy (especially if you know Chinese, though they do test pronunciation so you'll need to know that).

lol

I couldn't remember what to say after a meal yesterday :<

gochisosama, right?

yup ^^

Jintor

I...don't know actually:/

I really should have taken speaking units on top of the normal Japanese units. I have no confidence in speaking but I can understand and read most things apart from complicated news articles.

I'm jealous. I still get a thrill in my head when I look at some untranslated manga and am able to be like "Hey, I guess they're saying good morning and exchanging some passing remarks about the weather"

Deeku

Well, I just did N3 so I'll be going for N2 this year (aaaah). Vocab was the hardest part of the test for me :s really need to study up more. Listening is easy, kanji's also fairly easy (especially if you know Chinese, though they do test pronunciation so you'll need to know that).
:O

You're almost native and can work for reals in Japan! So jelly!

Deeku

I'm jealous. I still get a thrill in my head when I look at some untranslated manga and am able to be like "Hey, I guess they're saying good morning and exchanging some passing remarks about the weather"
That's why you should totally take some jp electives at uni during winter/summer or even in their new semester 3 thing.

Deeku

I did finance not arts! :p

Jint, you're probably more into japanese stuff than me so I really think you should do at least one jp unit to try.

Jintor

I did media AND LAW as a core subject so I didn't have many electives at all.

Jint, you're probably more into japanese stuff than me so I really think you should do at least one jp unit to try.

I might. You're awfully convincing for a disembodied internet talky person I met once. I wonder how it balances out.

Maybe I'll put in some Winter Classes.

Deeku

Same difference. :p

I am just bitter that I never got to do any cool electives, I think in 4 years, I got to 'pick' 2-3 subjects maximum, all of them in my field (engineering).

Heh, I know what you mean. I did 2 years of engineering and they gave me a sheet that basically said "do all these units and nothing else". Good thing I was too dumb for eng lol

Omikron

Heh, I know what you mean. I did 2 years of engineering and they gave me a sheet that basically said "do all these units and nothing else". Good thing I was too dumb for eng lol

Heh, perhaps in hindsight I should have perhaps switched out to something I would have enjoyed a bit more (look at me now, doing dev work, not real engineering!), but a technical degree is a technical degree that opens doors, so meh. I am also stubborn.

SNSD is really sweet. I'm so glad we don't have compulsory military service here.

Same difference. :p

I am just bitter that I never got to do any cool electives, I think in 4 years, I got to 'pick' 2-3 subjects maximum, all of them in my field (engineering).

One of my friends is doing a dual degree in Engineering/Arts so he can do electives :p

Deeku

The army dudes out-chant those crazy miku otaku in japan lol

And nice looking chie jint!

Edit: oh god I just realised that that chie is fogz's old avatar, right?

midonnay

I'm so glad we don't have compulsory military service here.

thats a big reason why my family came to australia :3

Big Bro was just about to be shoved into Singapore national service

ps: its cheaper to learn cool stuff like languages at Tafe.

Once you get the basics down (pronunciation, basic scripts etc), you can just borrow some library books or study by yourself on the internet.

thats a big reason why my family came to australia :3

Big Bro was just about to be shoved into Singapore national service

If I ever go back to Cyprus, just because both of my parents were born there, I would shoved into 3 years mandatory service in the Greek military if I'm under 25 or something. So yeah, never going back. :D

midonnay

*cough* *cough*

If I ever go back to Cyprus, just because both of my parents were born there, I would shoved into 3 years mandatory service in the Greek military if I'm under 25 or something. So yeah, never going back. :D

I'd rather serve in greece than in singapore....... its like sleeping in a rice cooker :)

Deeku

Videogames then!

I'm on a DS binge at the moment since I found several sealed games when I was clearing out some stuff. Currently playing through SMT: Devil Survivor, a game which I stopped playing 2 years ago when I got stuck on some lame boss.

Anyway, it's turning out to be a lot better than what I thought of it back then, especially some of the story stuff. Bring on Devil Survivor 2 in Feb!

Top Bottom