• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Jack_and_jill_film_poster.jpg

This movie has made $90 million dollars?!? It has a 3% fresh rating on RT. 2 years before this abomination Sandler made Funny People. I actually believed he was going to start making worthwhile movies again but it seems all he cares about is the money. Funny People didn't even make it's budget back! I hate this world.

that movie looks like the most cliche generic piece of shit movie and it makes that much when there are genuinely good movies out there that dont even make 15m

Yagharek

Similar to when you buy a DVD/Blu Ray and have to sit through 10 minutes of fucking ads even though you already paid $20 for the fcuking thing.
PIRATES DON'T HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THIS SHIT! THEY JUST CLICK ON A MOVIE AND GO!

People have things to do, don't turn it into an all night thing.

Yeah, I'm really fucking angry about how offensive the ads were. 40 minutes of cinema ads, only 4 trailers (man on a ledge, hobbit, some best man "comedy" and film about an alien invasion by lightbulbs). The rest of it was ad after ad, padded out with a "meet the stars" 'program' hosted by one of those reality tv parasites who hopefully binges out on cocaine sometime soon. It was like watching Sunrise.

I'm only half joking when I make these predictions about the cinema experience in years to come:
* We will see the return of intermissions, so that more ads consumer experience enhancement announcements can be screened. For your pleasure.
* Ticker lines will be added to the bottom of each screen with live news feed updates brought to you from your favourite brands and tweets from gretel kileen advising us which brand tampon is best used when watching Adam Sandler's Next Magnum Opus
* Ticket prices will double to account for the increased viewing time to incorporate all this bullshit

Further, when cinema attendances drop, the following features will be included in blurays to enhance your home cinema experience:

* Online pass codes/one time use codes
* Online connection will be required to view the film, and if the authentication server is down, you can only watch the trailers for the film
* 40 minutes of advertising will be included on each disc, and for added convenience shall be screened to you before the movie, so you dont miss out on anything!

Some people may say i'm grumpy. Some will say I'm overreacting. Some will say I'm a pessimist. Some will say that I'm just looking at the glass as if it were half empty.

I'm looking at reality right now, and I am telling you this: there is no glass at all.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Your already dead, tigers mang!

Wow at all the dirt that has come out about Peter Roebuck. Bloke had problems for sure.

@HolyCheck did you file a police report? where were you drinking?

Nah I didn't, i was hella bruised and couldnt be arsed leaving the house for a while because it hurt lol. was drinking at down rundle st, can't remember where, probably exeter, then walked from there to grenfel st and was walking down grenfel st.

I'm looking at reality right now, and I am telling you this: there is no glass at all.
I would expect Cinemas to die off eventually aside from the worthwhile ones like IMAX where the setup is so big that it makes going to movies an event that you can't get at home. Direct streaming to your lounge room will replace common, little theatres. Old theatres will adapt by showing old movies with fun shit like intermissions and dress ups, etc. Make an event of the experience and people will pay to come.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
does anyone else swear strangly?

Like when i'm under pressure or something goes wrong and I'm just swearing due to that without thinking sometimes I say weird things :(

C***stick
and Monkeyfuck are some of th words that spring out alot :(

Shaneus

This movie has made $90 million dollars?!? It has a 3% fresh rating on RT. 2 years before this abomination Sandler made Funny People. I actually believed he was going to start making worthwhile movies again but it seems all he cares about is the money. Funny People didn't even make it's budget back! I hate this world.
Funny People. Reign Over Me. Punch-Drunk Love.
Fucking America. This is why we can't have good things.

Hey, do you know if that BG&E is that HD remake we were all waiting for or not? I think I have it on PC, but I'm pretty sure (a la Psychonauts) that it's just the original version that happens to run on newer PCs ie. no new textures or what have you.

ugh, who would go see this?
I'm guessing the same fucking people who shell out cash to see those horrible parody movies. I think I saw on someone's credits a "Reality TV Movie" or something. I openly wept for humanity.

Also, I think I need to try Grill'd. Ne'er had it before.

And with that, we've found the title for the next thread.

AusGAF 6: What a bunch of fuckshits.
I conquer.

Bob Sagat?
9eSbt.gif

PS. New anagram thread? Fuuuuuucking awesome.

Dipshit is my favourite from the school yard.

Hey, do you know if that BG&E is that HD remake we were all waiting for or not? I think I have it on PC, but I'm pretty sure (a la Psychonauts) that it's just the original version that happens to run on newer PCs ie. no new textures or what have you.
HD only came out on PSN/XBLA. Still looks great on PC though! Can't go wrong for $2.50! Not steam redeemable though I don't think.

Shaneus

Fucking love Canada and Canadians. There's absolutely nothing to not like about them. I should move to Canada.
Dipshit is my favourite from the school yard.

HD only came out on PSN/XBLA. Still looks great on PC though! Can't go wrong for $2.50! Not steam redeemable though I don't think.
Ah, cheers. I already have it on Steam, just not sure if it got the upgrade, though.

Also, only just saw on the Skyrim anagram box that the game is made by "Betashed" ahahaha

Also again, I love this one. So perfect:
ragefit.jpg

Oh shit, the Metroid one! And E.A.R.F. And Epic Dick. Glad I've rediscovered the anagram threads. Thanks, reptile... you've made my day :D

Edit: Apologies for the big size, but it's SO worth it. Go check out that thread, this'll be the last one I post here:
dmccoverla0tp.jpg

Ferga

If you're feeling depressed don't look up mere tales of existence. I spent ages watching it last night, went to bed asking myself what was the point of existing...

I love Lev. His videos always make me think for hours after viewing. They all hit so close to home and the comments make me realise everyone is pretty much the same.

I love Lev. His videos always make me think for hours after viewing. They all hit so close to home and the comments make me realise everyone is pretty much the same.

I dunno. Some of the videos click with me and make me think but others I look at and think "well, if you put it that way I guess its true, but I really don't see the world that way".

Yagharek

I would expect Cinemas to die off eventually aside from the worthwhile ones like IMAX where the setup is so big that it makes going to movies an event that you can't get at home. Direct streaming to your lounge room will replace common, little theatres. Old theatres will adapt by showing old movies with fun shit like intermissions and dress ups, etc. Make an event of the experience and people will pay to come.

Or just show good films without taking the audience for granted. I'll happily go to something like the state cinema in north hobart, or outdoor cinemas in perth. Films like mongol or last ride etc. But I resent being taken for a ride, and the ads last night certainly made it feel like that.

Kritz

Banned
Dungeons And Dragons Shit

When: Tuesday, 10 Jan 2012
Who: Kritz DM night
What: You need to get an invite from Clipper in order to use the Wizard's official virtual tabletop. Ask him about it here or on Steam chat. We are not using RP MapTools this session, because we want to try out different software.

We'll start at 7PM. Will end around 10-11PM.

After I finish DMing, Clipper will DM for a few nights, and then Banana for a few nights. We're basically doing DM guest month to see who's a good fit I guess.

Let me know how we feel about changing software after we've had a play with the new thing.

Dungeons And Dragons Shit

When: Tuesday, 10 Jan 2012
Who: Kritz DM night
What: You need to get an invite from Clipper in order to use the Wizard's official virtual tabletop. Ask him about it here or on Steam chat. We are not using RP MapTools this session, because we want to try out different software.

We'll start at 7PM. Will end around 10-11PM.

After I finish DMing, Clipper will DM for a few nights, and then Banana for a few nights. We're basically doing DM guest month to see who's a good fit I guess.

Let me know how we feel about changing software after we've had a play with the new thing.
whoa say what now? when was that agreed to. must have been that week i wasnt there that it was decided for me.... sure ill be a bad dm for a few weeks maybe. if you really want.

Echoplx

What's something food related that I can buy from the shops that's cheap and has lots of uses? I need stuff like that because I'm lazy and poor

So the boy had a poop EXPLOSION while having a nap and it was just everywhere. Chucked him in the shower and he was as happy as a pig in shit. 20 minutes in there wasn't enough for him. Just standing in there watching the different ways he can get water to run off. Like Columbus discovering the Americas or something.

Also Arkham City has SO much shit to do. Enjoying it but there is a little bit of jank with the interface and the maps.

What's something food related that I can buy from the shops that's cheap and has lots of uses? I need stuff like that because I'm lazy and poor

Mi Goreng. Rice is good too. Or some random pasta. Also bread and water.

Top Bottom