• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Lulz at looking back at Omar has been saying about the reforming rumours.
omar.jpg

Edit: Hey, post 10101 (or 21, if you want to look at it that way)...

midonnay

She should be aiming a little higher than deodorant though. A minister of her position should be more concerned with the infrastructure needed to make them productive members of our society rather than stuff that should be handled by welcoming committees or support groups run by other immigrants.

can't argue with that.....although I think the newspapers are unfairly focusing on the "ooo stinky stinky" rather than the overall context of her interview.

Agyar

Agyar and Bernbaum were known to take part in group board game get togethers from time to time in Brisbane

and by Brisbane I mean some arty farty west end dive that all you young people hang out at and drink exotic coffees while old boring married suburbanites stay at home and watch TV

It's true. Even though Bern is now heading overseas and all my games are in storage, we'll still be doing board games afternoons in a couple of weeks when things quieten down. The easiest one to turn up to though is the King George Square game nights (last Thursday of every month from 5-9). It's a BCC thing where they put a bunch of tables and games in KGS but there's a lot of people that bring their own games because they don't want to play scrabble or whatever. Not sure if it's on this month.

PM me if you want more details of board games stuff in Brisbane.

midonnay

hehehe, from whirlpool

“Hello migrants

Look at yourself, now back to me, now back at yourself, now back to me.

Sadly, you aren't me, but if you stopped rolling in the dirt and switched to Old Spice, you could smell like me.

Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with an good smelling blond and tanned Aussie. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love.

Look again, the tickets are now diamonds.

Anything is possible when your countrymen smell like Old Spice and not a bus full of migrants.

I’m on a high-horse.”

I saw that Senate MP on Capital Hill once

she is a fat arse racist bitch and with a surname like that is obviously of migrant descent so needs to stfu.

r2Ori.jpg

DUHHHHH

Han, mah bukee, keel-ee caleya ku kah. Wanta dah moole-rah? Wonkee chee sa crispa con Greedo?

Also, Tony Iommi has lymphoma. :(

Kmart will have The Life of Brian for $8 on Blu Ray Thursday.
Netflix on Vita is slightly interesting to me. Still pre-order cancelled until we get a decent price on the cards.

Ahaha. Too much The League for you ;)
Never enough! I wonder when the new season starts :(

Also, Tony Iommi has lymphoma. :(
So it is going to be a cosmic joke that Ozzy is the last person in the Black Sabbath radius to pass away isn't it? :(

remz

Lulz at looking back at what Omar has been saying about the reforming rumours.
The fact of the matter is that we’re in our thirties now and that breakup happened ten years ago. As a human being you just don't want that kind of karma. We did a lot of shit talking, and they did a lot of shit talking, so I just called everybody up and invited them to my house and said ‘hey, listen, we’re in our thirties now, I’m sorry for whatever I said, I'm sure you guys didn’t mean what you said–you guys were upset because I split up the band and we were upset because of whatever. Let’s be friends again. But do I want to reunite and play fucking 15 year old songs? Well, it would be like asking you, ‘do you want to get back together with your first girlfriend?’ You learn some amazing things together, but I just shudder at the thought. We were a band that went out on top, which is good, but it’s just a coincidence. We were also a band that had been together for seven years, and for six of those years played to nobody and had a great time but were also on the verge of splitting up many times before that. It’s an old relationship. People would like to think of it as unfinished business because to them we went out when we were most popular, but that has nothing to do with the creative element. As far as the creative element went, it very much was finished business. That’s why I ended the band! Now, thank god, fucking ten years later, we're not holding a grudge and we’re all cool with it. People pick up on the difference of attitude and think 'oh, this could mean a possible reunion', but that’s just them projecting their own desires upon us

YEAH RIGHT OMAR

I'm pretty pleased about the reunion though, but why must coachella be so far away?

Danoss

That could be a thing. I'm down.

Another Sydney person? Excellent!

I'm terrible at organising stuff, but I'll do whatever I can to help. My house isn't very good for hosting this kind of thing, plus it's quite far away from where I believe everyone else is.

Choc

Banned
Serrels now that Nicola Roxon is the Federal AG, have you contacted her department for her views on R18?

just wondering

Yagharek

Before I clear them out, no-one really wants any of the following, do they?

* Pro Evo 2011 360
* Orange Box 360
* PGR4
* Resident Evil 5 360 (Gold edn, but DLC has been used)
* Left 4 Dead 2 360 (uncut UK edn)
* Crackdown 360
* Batman Arkham Asylum
* Ace Combat 6 (slightly torn case, was shopworn - not my doing)
* Halo Reach CE (includes hard lockbox tin, halsley's journal stuff. Physical CE stuff untouched. DLC codes I'm not sure of)
* Deus Ex 360 (disc + manual only)

Bulk lots preferred.

Deadly Premonition will be added once Ive finished it.

Anyone else know that George RR Martin is doing a new series.

Steamboat > Mississippi River > Horror = Thoughts?

Has anyone taken a read of it already? i just saw it in book store (Bought Jamie's 30 min meals for GF)

EDIT: Also i believe i saw a new Robert Jordan Wheel of time book out.

Rahk

New series? How about he finish off the old one first.

So before we start planning anything does anyone have enough space in Sydney to host? I sure don't.

Has anyone taken a read of it already? i just saw it in book store (Bought Jamie's 30 min meals for GF)

You mean Fevre Dream? That's, like, 20 years old, man. Edit: more like 30!

Also A Memory of Light (final WoT book) ain't gonna be out for at least 6 more months.

hamchan

If he does start a new series I'll be angry, since he has to finish ASOIAF before he dies.

Deeku

Yeah. Facepalm pretty hard at "they're ugly"* and "they all look the same". And the kid who's totally faking everything just straight-up annoys me.

The little girl who dances (kind of) to 2NE1 is cool.

*Admittedly, there are two dudes in Super Junior who I don't think look very good.
Yeah, I want to kick them all in the face except for the little girl.

Salazar

The Seven Network was not represented by legal counsel at yesterday’s hearing. The ban was to last until 5pm on Thursday. The case returns to court earlier that day.

You would have to have a supreme appetite for shit to legally represent Ch 7.

And money, but that's a given.

You mean Fevre Dream? That's, like, 20 years old, man. Edit: more like 30!

Also A Memory of Light (final WoT book) ain't gonna be out for at least 6 more months.

Goddamn WoT. Seriously, I've read them all up until Jordan died. But then it took so long for the next one to come out (and I'm not blaming him or the dude who picked up the task of finishing it off) that I now have absolutely no idea what happened. And fuck reading 11 books again. I barely have time to read the books I already have.

I just went to the flood anniversary service at Gatton. Pretty sad, but my one real observation of it was the Quentin Bryce was by far the best speaker there and Anna Bligh blew Gillard out of the water. Why can't we have Keating esque Prime Ministers again?

Dead Man

Fuck cars. Just fuck them. Need to go to Mildura for a wedding this weekend, so car goes to mechanic. On the way it die. Mechanic is awesome and tows the car (I have spent a lot of money on an old yank tank there) and then get the bad news. Engine out, shitloads of money, on a car that is worth about the same amount of money. Fuck. I need the car for work though, and don't have the money available to buy another one so I guess that is what will need to be done. Fuckity fuck fuck.

today tonight gets some comeuppance

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainm...-sevens-servo-fakes-claim-20120110-1psek.html

seriously, i saw that story it was so dumb

basically if somethings not bought in australia, its fake says TT

fuckwits

That is so obviously ridiculous I don't know how they thought they would sell it. How do you run that piece so you don't look like a fuckhead? Here's fake coke from a distributor in Hong Kong, it came from a coke factory but it's fake. Yeah, that'll work.

Ignignort

Hey guys, I'm off to Melbourne Friday morning. Any suggestions on places to go and things to eat?

Went a few months back and did all the general touristy stuff, museum, aquarium etc. Going to lord of the fries for sure this time.

Stackboy

Sup Ausgaf, been away for two weeks or so. I just figured you'd all talk about cricket.

What did you guys play over Xmas? Got stuck into some Skyrim, MW3, Uncharted 3 and Saints Row The Third.

I'll be in the states while Coachella is on, think I'm gonna go!!

Omikron

Sup Ausgaf, been away for two weeks or so. I just figured you'd all talk about cricket.

What did you guys play over Xmas? Got stuck into some Skyrim, MW3, Uncharted 3 and Saints Row The Third.

I'll be in the states while Coachella is on, think I'm gonna go!!

Where is your white cup?

Top Bottom