• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Hey guys, I'm off to Melbourne Friday morning. Any suggestions on places to go and things to eat?

Went a few months back and did all the general touristy stuff, museum, aquarium etc. Going to lord of the fries for sure this time.

Rooftop in the city is a cool place. I remember when Robocop was cancelled there due to rain. Saddest night of my life.

Jintor

I'm having a vision in my head of the ultimate gaming news site which is actually modular in the style of Tweetdeck or something, being able to add 'feeds' based on authors, categories, picking up keywords, etc. It sounds crazy. Wait, am I just describing an RSS reader? I think I'm just describing an RSS reader. Goddamnit.

jambo

Anyone affected by the AAPT outage today?

We had no Internet from 2.30 this arvo until about 10 minutes ago. Awesome =\

Seems they lost power at their Melbourne data centre and the backup generator failed.

I'm having a vision in my head of the ultimate gaming news site which is actually modular in the style of Tweetdeck or something, being able to add 'feeds' based on authors, categories, picking up keywords, etc. It sounds crazy. Wait, am I just describing an RSS reader? I think I'm just describing an RSS reader. Goddamnit.
Even so, a gaming aggregation site which lets you pick and choose could be convenient. Kind of like a super meta-Eurogamer (with their current site).

Kind of like e3feed.com

Rezbit

Sup Ausgaf, been away for two weeks or so. I just figured you'd all talk about cricket.

What did you guys play over Xmas? Got stuck into some Skyrim, MW3, Uncharted 3 and Saints Row The Third.

I'll be in the states while Coachella is on, think I'm gonna go!!

T'was a good second test.

Also, watch your back. I'm as like to steal your identity!

Dead Man

Yeah, but if you have RSS like functionality on a website it would be awesome, most people don't use RSS anyway.

Jintor

The main problem is that it would rely heavily on originators of content being honest, and nobody wants to tag their link-posting as "Link-posting". Maybe some kind of user-moderated tagging system?

I didn't get the memo! Plus I don't own one. Black or green coffee cups for life. How long is this fad going to last for?

Goes for a month, buddy.

Ignignort

Anyone affected by the AAPT outage today?

We had no Internet from 2.30 this arvo until about 10 minutes ago. Awesome =\

Seems they lost power at their Melbourne data centre and the backup generator failed.

Yeah while I wasn't affected I do work for the parent company of aapt. Good times!

Stackboy

Hmmmm, I can wait out the month then. Might switch to my Nali War cow avatar in February. It was asked for way back in the day.

What games are you heaps playing, guys?

Jintor

Wow, that's a lotta games. I haven't even finished reading Katawa Shoujo just yet, still have one more route to do and then still got to fill out the bad ends for maximum emotional gut-punching.

jambo

Yeah while I wasn't affected I do work for the parent company of aapt. Good times!

Just saw this on Whirlpool

Hi All.

We've confirmed that this service interruption was due to hazardous power works tripping a circuit breaker. Generators didn't kick in as expected, and the failover process to the backup data centre doesn't look it failed over cleanly.

We've been informed all services should now be restored. If you are still impacted, please inform the contact centre who will collate the information and chase it up from there.

Cheers,
Paul

Not only were they doing hazardous power works during business hours, all of their backup contingencies failed as well...

=\

Kritz

Banned
DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS TONIGHT
7.30PM or there abouts. We're using Mumble. We're using WotC's offical virtual table tool. If you still need to buy gear you can. Once the campaign has started you won't have a chance to buy gear.

DM: Kritx (it's a me)
Players:
Clipper
Banana
Don
Rahk
Holycheck
Marshmellow
Jintor

Or something like that. I kinda only designed it for four players so I'll just scale everything up on the fly. Most of you guys are super crazy strong anyway so I can probably make it a bit more challenging than usual.

Again, I'm not a rules person. We're still playing dungeons and dragons, but if something seems cool or fun I'll prefer that to happen over looking up rulebook descriptions.

Jintor

Oh shit I forgot to set up the virtual table thing, I completely forgot about it

Damnit, I've still got to get home. Can I set it up now and then go home?

Kritz

Banned
The campaign is gonna be real short anyway. I'll have no reservations ending it earlier than normal if we hit the point where I stopped writing, or alternatively if I just see a good spot to end it.

So this could be half the time as a normal night.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Pro tip: design lots of pits and bottomless holes into your levels.

Means I can just drop guys into them USING MY MIND.

OMI. I have more demands. The Organsteamgamerizer should be setup like the Google+ circles. Keep the theme of the current Steam UI so have the list of games in a scroll box on the left and have a shitload of circles on the right which are your different caterorgories. Then games that are in several circles can have a link between them or something. You then drag and drop from the scroll box onto the circles. So easy.
wherearemyphotoshopdi7txyy.png

You have until Friday. I wish to spend my weekend organising.

Fuck cars. Just fuck them. Need to go to Mildura for a wedding this weekend, so car goes to mechanic. On the way it die. Mechanic is awesome and tows the car (I have spent a lot of money on an old yank tank there) and then get the bad news. Engine out, shitloads of money, on a car that is worth about the same amount of money. Fuck. I need the car for work though, and don't have the money available to buy another one so I guess that is what will need to be done. Fuckity fuck fuck.
So sorry you have to go to Mildura, was the closest place for me to get games/cd's/civilisation. Still 150km away from where I grew up!

Also borrow a friends car or get a bike or do SOMETHING so you don't have to shell out on the car before you have plenty of time to think it through.

So far in January I have completed:
Trine
Deus ex dlc
Limbo.
Assassins Creed Brotherhood
:(

Yagharek

Right, so I've had to get my EA accounts cancelled, only now EA customer service wont do it because they think Ive got a different birth date.

I'm including this in my reply:

Is there any other information I can provide that would be able to prove to you that I am me? At present, I can log into the EA website, but it does not even appear that there is a user profile menu with contact details etc that I could have ever entered that information from.

To the best of my memory, I have only ever used it for xbox live/psn, and in games of fifa (08, 09, 11) and burnout paradise.

The other option I guess is to use my profile and post on EA forums in such a manner that would see my account get banned for Terms of Service violation, but I would rather have my account cancelled via civil means if possible.

I hope you can help me out here.

I was going to get in on this real pic white mug thing, and then I remembered how I don't like photos of myself.

So then I thought I would do something related to my current avatar.

Protip: Don't Google "Sasha Grey drinking" whilst at your place of employment.

Yagharek

Discard email accounts, credit cards and gamertags associated with the EA account. That would be my plan anyway.

Yeah, I can edit my email address and other stuff, so I might just make a dummy email and kill it that way if my next reply is unhelpful. I have no CC details attached, no postal details - just email. But the email is of course associated with XBL.

Yagharek

It's slightly irritating to think that companies can collect information, change it, then tell you off for not providing the same details you did though. And to top it off, they provide an insecure system to boot.

I might have to give their Australian branch a call.

edit: the funny bit is, they had no qualms cancelling one account associated with my primary email, which I accidentally created the other day when trying to logon and confirm which email I used for my PSN details. And not once was I required to provide a DOB for them to have reference to.

Hey, I just heard about the MP who said the stuff about smelly migrants on the bus. Have I missed the Choc rage post yet? Has he somehow pinned this on Tony Abbott yet?

Funnily enough, as a first-gen immigrant myself, I have to say that the policy, on paper, is actually sensible and would be helpful for immigrants. I know that back in 1990, it would have cleared up some confusion on the part of my family with regard to things like how to serve scallops, Australia, ANZAC and Remembrance day, a rough guide to Aussie humour, generally accepted (and unaccepted) attitudes vis a vis swearing, drinking, gambling, smoking, relationships, the role of women in society, acceptance of gay people and so forth. For my family, it would have allayed the culture shock when they came across these things in real life, as my Mum is so conservative she votes Family First because she thinks the people who vote Liberal are too morally permissive.

But no, she decided to go with the deodorant talking point. Nice.

Top Bottom