• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Which is fine if you already own a tablet, otherwise it would be cheaper to subscribe for 3 years of Edge instead. :p

I still get some more disposable mags like Empire for reading, er, you know where. Call me old fashioned but that's one room i don't need to be connected. Or accidentally call someone on Skype.

jambo

I'm pretty happy with post 9999

If I actually get back to posting regularly we might get to AusGAF VI sometime this year =P

Shaneus

Damn, I think I'd enjoy a subscription to Retro Gamer. Have a handful of issues from newsstands but having it delivered on the reg could be a happy little monthly surprise.

Jintor

I had to look up what J-Rap was

"Actual Japanese rap lyrics have a tendency to refer to mundane subjects such as food, cell phones, and shopping."

=\

I don't care what they're actually talking about. I just like the sound of it.

Japanese being a more, uh... what's the word. Like, it's assembled out of building-blocks of sounds - ka, ga, ii, and so on. It's a much snappier, crisper sounding language, which makes it great for a beat-based backing!

Gazunta

Get a job in the games industry and get your magazines for free.

Hahaha just kidding there's no games industry.

Retro Gamer!!!! <3 <3

Yagharek

I used to read these now defunct mags:

(Ultra) Game Players
EGM
Arcade

I think Arcade was a precursor to Games TM, or at least similar to Edge.

CVG is defunct now, innit? My brother used to read that back in the N64 days.

Deeku

When I was in primary school, I bought mags based on the amount of screen shots they had. There was this cool Nintendo mag that was pretty good, don't remember if it was an official magazine but it had the huge Nintendo logo at the top. I also read K-Zone lol

For some reason it kind of shits me that every genre of music out of Asia is called J-this or K-that. Can't it just be Japanese hip hop? I have no idea why this annoys me.

On Japanese bands though I've always like Envy and Maximum the Hormone are so ridiculous I think it's impossible not to at least vaguely like them

Edit: Magazine wise, I don't really read any anymore. I used to read tonnes of Hyper (yay Jintor!) but I actually don't even remember the last time I saw it on a shelf.
I get Game Informer (thank you EB) and it seems to get some decent exclusives, but realistically I never finish it and barely care about their reviews

Well, so much for the rise of China. So what, we'll all shit our pants over India now?

Totally. I don't think he could sound any more awkward.

Combined with the purple shirt and tie combo and his horrible neck beard (not that I can grow one much better but I rarely let it get past the stubble phase) it's just a nerdy match made in heaven

Lol @ Spoilt Chinese kids. The same thing happened in Japan :p

Man, I forgot that I quite like J-Rap. I should find more of it.

Especially J-Rap that has surprisingly good english in it.

Does this count as J-Rap? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q38xAMNznY4

When I was in primary school, I bought mags based on the amount of screen shots they had. There was this cool Nintendo mag that was pretty good, don't remember if it was an official magazine but it had the huge Nintendo logo at the top. I also read K-Zone lol

I used to read my brother's K-zone :p

Carton

Edit: Magazine wise, I don't really read any anymore. I used to read tonnes of Hyper (yay Jintor!) but I actually don't even remember the last time I saw it on a shelf.

I bought Hyper every month throughout my primary school & early teenage years. Ah, memories. The last time i saw it on the shelf was about a year ago, but i rarely go to the newsagents these days.

I think the kid getting his haircut is bummed out by his cradle cap.

Anybody for some Mandarin rap? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9PFQSVZdzM

Salazar

Jintor, choose Leessang.

And I'm not just saying it because Gary is my current avatar. Or out of a preference for K to J.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDyZrm_4gHo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zBLgqW4qH0&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HxaERgTNwY

09S7K.jpg

Agyar

Edge (in shops)
Pros: well written reviews
Cons: industry focus, chasing fads/marketing hype, meaningless, boring columns full of waffle, everything is online anyway

The in-depth industry coverage and the columns are the whole reason people read Edge. Why are you even buying this magazine?

So Steam categories don't transfer from one install to another (e.g. my work laptop and home desktop).

Omi, somehow utilise Steam Cloud and make categories transfer from install to install, and you might be onto something.

Yagharek

The in-depth industry coverage and the columns are the whole reason people read Edge. Why are you even buying this magazine?

It's become even more weighted in favour of the articles in recent months. But in the past, they used to have good columnists like biffovision and redeye. Nowadays, and in recent years, the commentators have been pretty fucking boring.

Yagharek

Hey Vince, hey Vince.

We dumped City out of the cup.

I went to bed when it was 3-0. Surprised at the scoreline given the midweek result and season so far. I found it amusing that Man City were complaining about the red card, given how theyve been let off in the past for much worse (see also De Jong vs Ben Arfa last season).

A good result last night.

Clipper

Just bought my jar:

photo-84.jpg

I was disappointed not to see any jars on the shelves, but then I noticed they had a box of it on the floor nearby, probably waiting to be put up for the next restocking, so I ripped open the plastic wrapping, grabbed a bottle and high-tailed it to the registers.

It'll likely never get opened either, because I still have half a normal jar and a full tube in the fridge and I only have need of said jar with backup tube on my days off from Lite'n'Easy (which is two days a month). Still, I really wanted to just have a jar of bottled Australia...

Edit: Oh, and the lid is still embossed with Vegemite for anybody who is wondering.

Edit 2: Just realised they changed "Proudly made in Australia since 1923" to "Proudly made from Vegemite since 1923"... lol

Just bought my jar:

I was disappointed not to see any jars on the shelves, but then I noticed they had a box of it on the floor nearby, probably waiting to be put up for the next restocking, so I ripped open the plastic wrapping and was high-tailed it to the registers.

It'll likely never get opened either, because I still have half a normal jar and a full tube in the fridge and I only have need of said jar with backup tube on my days off from Lite'n'Easy (which is two days a month). Still, I really wanted to just have a jar of bottled Australia...

Edit: Oh, and the lid is still embossed with Vegemite for anybody who is wondering.

Edit 2: Just realised they changed "Proudly made in Australia since 1923" to "Proudly made from Vegemite since 1923"... lol

THIEF!!!!

Made a stop on the walk from work to home at Aldi and picked up some milk, bread, OJ, etc. Peak hour traffic though made walking to my house irritating with a massive bag of stuff with everyone doing 60kmph around the cbd which is directed by roundabouts. No-one even gave me a first look, let alone a second one.
Once I got home the little dude brought his bike helmet over to me so I took him for a walk since I have been spending too much time here on the computer during his waking hours. He loves to ride in a little pushalong trike. It is basically this but red and plain without all the garbage stickers on it. Also the front has a drink holder and fake phone for him to call Cookie Monster on rather than the bag. He also eventually gets bored of not having control and reafs the handles left and right to be funny, which isn't funny as you are crossing a road.
Sell_Children_TRICYCLE_JB81010_LIL_PANDA_.jpg

What a change! Every roundabout every car stops and waves us through. Usually I only take him out on it on weekends. It was a serious chick magnet. Every single person walking past, businessmen or old people or hot uni chicks, would light up with a smile on their face and make cute talk with the little dude as we went past. It was unsettling the effect it had on people.

tl;dr - if you are sick of getting run over as a pedestrian steal a kid and a tricycle

Also was pleased today that GAME.co.uk timed my package of RAGE Anarchy Edition on 360 to arrive today when I sent off Gaz's copy to CoDsWaLlOp. Only cost me $17 too, sent on 24/12 so didn't take long. Still waiting on the $8 copy of RF Armageddon from them though.

Domain squatters win SSX.com ruling against EA. lol wut?
EA also officially shut down the decent studio Bright Light who did the surprisingly decent Harry Potter games. Never touched EA Create either, was sent to it's death and wasn't a marketable idea.

But if there is one thing I need to do this year, is actually finish projects that I start. Fucking bad habit getting distracted. :p
Damn right, I have a horrible attention span. Which is why I will spend 5 days getting the yard looking fantastic and then suddenly 2 months later we look like we derelict balls and I have to go into hyper mode to get the damn thing under control again.

Not to mention my massive backlog of games that I am 2 hours into.
Not to mention the terabyte or so of remixing I did before deciding to wait to pick up a synth I had my eye on and wanted to wait for it to go on sale.
Not to mention the bass in the corner that I picked up and re-learnt after talking to some old mates about getting the band back together since our drummer had decided that speed probably wasn't a good thing with the cough he had developed.
Not to mention the numerous blogs and short stories and poetry and business proposals and recipes.

I blame all the weed I smoked first year of uni. Otherwise people would blame all the gaming I have done since I was 5, and I don't want that.

Yeah. The bane of someone just in it for the challenge and with no interest for whatever the 'reward' is for completing the thing for maybe others to enjoy.
Don't worry. I will be annoying the shit out of you like a Jewish mother-in-law who appreciates your slender nose to get the Steam Vapour Categoriser up and running. I am a lazy man with a slight amount of OCD so I need my worthless shit lined up perfectly in my mind or else I won't be able to sleep!

It's cumbersome to change them, you can't have more than one and with only 35 or so, it doesn't really help me at all. So yeah it's pretty rudimentary at the moment.
Currently use;
Adventures
Indie
Old
SHIT
Games

So you can see that I need to clean things up a bit.

Also the fact that I can't put Tales of Monkey Island in both Adventures and SHIT is berry berry frustrating to me.

I meant you can't add more than one category to a game. So for example you couldn't add Breath of Death VII to separate 'Indie' and 'RPG' categories if you had them.
That would go into the Adventure category for me I think as I enjoy the story and developed theme more than the fantastic gameplay. Anything by those guys is an instant day one, CE if possible, pickup.

They understand where games have come from and what they need to be in this day and age. Same with the Time Please! Gentlemen boys. Take the best of the old and make it fun without the jank of the past.

I like your banana, hope he is enjoying his drink.
At least he isn't naked in that thar hot tub. Boiled banana ain't a pretty thing to see.
90 year old with jaundice' vagina!

And that's why I dropped Malaysian citizenship like a live grenade. That country's political/legal system is totally fucked up
My parents go over every year and love it but I am too paranoid. Plus I get all mopey just thinking about unfortunate people here in Australia, if I went to another country and saw how some people lived I would want to stay and work at some non-profit place and would feel guilty flying back to my comfortable country here.

im moving into a house my parents built on thursday. i am also possibly going to gdc in march before my birthday (13th).
Super jelly on both counts. A mate of mine moved into an investment house his parents got and was able to save up for a deposit. Certainly the smart way to go about it. Also GDC would be so fucking cool from a developers perspective. You better write some cool stuff about it!

I am just bitter that I never got to do any cool electives, I think in 4 years, I got to 'pick' 2-3 subjects maximum, all of them in my field (engineering).
In my years all I did was elect not to go to class and not to study. Worked out well for me, what with my no degree and all! Wish I had just focused and got the damn thing within 3 years. Would be much further along in life now if I did.

Heh, perhaps in hindsight I should have perhaps switched out to something I would have enjoyed a bit more (look at me now, doing dev work, not real engineering!), but a technical degree is a technical degree that opens doors, so meh. I am also stubborn.
My best mate did Commerce with majors in Marketing and Finance and ended up working as a machinist at a textile factory. 3 months later he got promoted to design engineer coming up with all the felts for printing presses around the world. lol
Funniest thing was most of our mates were from the engineering society and they would always tell him to do a double degree in engineering, totally worth the extra 2 years they said!

I think I would be on the phone every day to someone to find out what was on sale and to buy it for me. I'm an addict.
OMI! Second project for the year! Whip up a program that you can pull up your Steam wishlist and allows you to enter maximum price values so that as soon as the game drops below that price the program will automatically buy it for you! I call it Instant Collectosteamatic 3000!

3 weeks on a farm with no internet or video games makes Josh something something
Josh really is the best fucking name in the world. Not that I am biased. My name is Steve or something. I just think that Josh is the coolest name since Joshua.

It even has biblical stuff attached to it. Joshua was the dude who banged all those chicks that repopulated the earth after that dick Jonas flooded it and was too busy singing Bestiality's Best Boys on his silly boat.

I guess I reached the point this year where I own more Steam games than I don't.
Aren't there like 3000 games man?!?

Although at this point most publishers and games have been up on there for most of the year now, with massive sales all the time so it is hard to not buy up constantly. Best generation for price without a doubt. Never had so many games that I had paid so little for.

Been playing heaps of boardgames though (Cargo Noir, Citadels, Agricola) and reading a lot.
Any tips to get into them for someone who doesn't want to blow their budget? Looked at a few and they seem insanely expensive. I am a very thrifty man, after all I do buy water so I need to cut the budget somewhere.

The tracking site has broken on me to check your secret santa gifts.. but they should have been there by now.. have they?
Not so secret now hey! If only you made less effort like the rest of us and just gifted some Steam games it could have all been kept a secret! Now some sleuthing soul can work out who gave gifts to whom based on the information you leaved. You have doomed us all!

I've only really played the Arkham Horror board game, but damn is it a good time!
How beginner friendly is it? Been very, very tempted to pick it up but I haven't played anything beyond Monopoly.

Ticket to Ride is the ultimate in gateway games.
Will it be fun for my gf? I really should have bought a few of these around Christmas time as the in-laws always play board games during the holidays. Spicks & Specks is so much fun.

So, AusGAF - I'm coming up to the end of my magazine subscriptions, and considering dropping down to one only and not even buying any others.
It may seem sacriligeous but I recommend Game Informer.

Really cheap, has fantastic covers and artwork, tend to have at least one decent interview/feature a month that you don't get anywhere else because of the sway they have in the industry, as well as the odd exclusive reveal like (true)X-com and South Park RPG.

Most magazines don't seem worth the money and are full of advertisements for shit I'm not even vaguely interested in. PCPP have had horrible ads in the past. Also I feel the majority of articles/reviews/previews are fucking horribly written and edited. I want something that I can't get online please. You cool though Jintor, as I have said in the past.

Actually one bone I have is a recent GI review of Goldeneye HD. The review text makes it out to be horrible, as if it is basically Duke Nukem 4eva but with the Bond IP slapped on it. Yet it still got a 7. The reviewer basically told everyone to avoid and not waste your money on it but the editor still slapped a 7 on it. Gave me the shits.
Thankfully my GI collection lives in the appropriate room for that sort of thing...

I want this but can't imagine anything in the gaming world that would ever be interesting enough to warrant something like it.
So much cool stuff happens behind the scenes of games, developers and publishers that it WOULD be awesome but everyone in the industry are too worried about keeping it hush hush so they don't piss off the wrong person or get a stain on their CV or give another company insight into how they did certain stuff. The fantastic Gamasutra Post Mortem's show how interesting it really is.

Also, dem Blighttown frame drops D:
360 or PS3 version? A little worried. Ah hell, I will never even SEE Blighttown let alone the dropped frames! I couldn't even get through Condemned! I even moved my PC into the loungeroom of our shared rental place over the summer when it came out because I was too scared to play it alone! Actually it worked well with Dead Space as a girl I was trying to date would agree to come over and keep me company while playing so I wouldn't freak out.

Deeku

360 or PS3 version? A little worried. Ah hell, I will never even SEE Blighttown let alone the dropped frames! I couldn't even get through Condemned! I even moved my PC into the loungeroom of our shared rental place over the summer when it came out because I was too scared to play it alone! Actually it worked well with Dead Space as a girl I was trying to date would agree to come over and keep me company while playing so I wouldn't freak out.
PS3.

I've only just started getting deeper into Blighttown and the frame drops only happened twice. It was bad, but it might have been worse before. Don't worry, you'll make it to Blighttown. I don't think it's even half way through the game.

midonnay

My parents go over every year and love it but I am too paranoid. Plus I get all mopey just thinking about unfortunate people here in Australia, if I went to another country and saw how some people lived I would want to stay and work at some non-profit place and would feel guilty flying back to my comfortable country here.

its fine for tourists (just don't take drugs) ..... just that if you're not ethnic malay (eg: chinese or indian), you're pretty much a 2nd class citizen.

eg: My dad was a public servant and was passed over for promotion 8 years in a row because he mysteriously couldn't meet the malay language requirement.

the annoying thing is that when he finally got fed up and moved to Singapore .....they changed it so that testing wasn't needed anymore >_<

all those language lessons gone to waste.

Thats why there are so many chinese malaysians in Australia.

Reptile, if it's just you and your girl, get Ticket to Ride Nordic Countries. Wife and I played 3 games back to back (to back) the day we opened it up. If you haven't played much beyond Monopoly (like we hadn't) you'll enjoy it a lot.

Nordic Countries is designed for only 2 or 3 players too.

Danoss

How beginner friendly is it? Been very, very tempted to pick it up but I haven't played anything beyond Monopoly.

DON'T start board gaming with Arkham Horror. Don't get me wrong, it really is totally fun watching all this horrible shit happen to you and your friends. It takes quite a long time to play and your chances of winning are still terrible after hours of gaming (even though fun is the aim).

You're far better off beginning your board gaming journey with something a little less complex, cumbersome and overwhelming to new people. You will eventually want Arkham Horror or something like it (Mansions of Madness looks awesome!) but not just yet.

I am also currently on the quest to find something beginner friendly and somewhat addictive so I can get my friends (the ones who aren't into it) to have a go. Ban (with a name like Josh, he'll get all the ladies :p) is recommending Ticket to Ride, which I might dive in and grab.

I'm also eyeing off a game called Formula D, which is a quite intriguing car racing game as you might have guessed from the title. It seems light on the rules for beginners and then there are a number of advanced gaming modes you can play later on, should it take your fancy.

Though I am still new to this hobby, the games I keep seeing popping up are: Ticket to Ride; Dominion (card); 7 Wonders; The Resistance (card/party); Formula D; and Survive: Escape from Atlantis! I haven't checked all of them out thoroughly (currently working on it), but they may be worth a look.

Rezbit

Me and the mates usually play Battlestar Galactica, Last Night on Earth (zombies), Mansions of Madness, Dominion and I've got Pandemic on the way soon. We're thinking about picking up Game of Thrones as it sounds hilarious with how you can screw with people, but the 3 hour play time is putting us off a bit. Arkham Horror sounded awesome too, I think Mansions of Madness is a bit of a quicker/simpler version of that.

Rlan

Yay, thanks to Brisbane weather there are moths and maggots going through my pantry. Yay!

Any idea on how to deal with these shits other than killing them all with my thong? Because they just made me throw out all my Weet-Bit.

Reptile, if it's just you and your girl, get Ticket to Ride Nordic Countries. Wife and I played 3 games back to back (to back) the day we opened it up. If you haven't played much beyond Monopoly (like we hadn't) you'll enjoy it a lot.

Nordic Countries is designed for only 2 or 3 players too.
Awesomesauce. Will keep on the look out to pick it up cheap. Could make a great Honeymoon companion along with a Vita and Kindle!

DON'T start board gaming with Arkham Horror. Don't get me wrong, it really is totally fun watching all this horrible shit happen to you and your friends. It takes quite a long time to play and your chances of winning are still terrible after hours of gaming (even though fun is the aim).

I'm also eyeing off a game called Formula D, which is a quite intriguing car racing game as you might have guessed from the title. It seems light on the rules for beginners and then there are a number of advanced gaming modes you can play later on, should it take your fancy.
Ah cool, I'll leave the Lovecraftian until later then. The Formula D one sounds like the prefect thing to get my Dad actually.

Also there was a Warhammer Pirate one that looked pretty cool. Can't remember the name but my lock ToyWorld has it. It is like $150 though. >_<

Danoss

Me and the mates usually play Battlestar Galactica, Last Night on Earth (zombies), Mansions of Madness, Dominion and I've got Pandemic on the way soon. We're thinking about picking up Game of Thrones as it sounds hilarious with how you can screw with people, but the 3 hour play time is putting us off a bit. Arkham Horror sounded awesome too, I think Mansions of Madness is a bit of a quicker/simpler version of that.

If 3 hours sounds too long, Arkham Horror is probably a bad idea, that game can go for ages. Mansions of Madness (from what I have heard/read) is considerably shorter and has a GM who is pitted against the other players, Arkham Horror is all players against the game.

Dominion is fantastic fun, though I like the games with attack cards; messing with other people is fun. If you have a bunch of expansions, there is an iPhone app that allows you to set up some random games, so you can try that instead of just the recommended themes that come with the game and expansions.

Edit: Also, for anyone who's keen on traditional games, have a look at Shut Up & Sit Down. It's a great review show that is quite funny and entertaining as well as being somewhat informative.

Rezbit

If 3 hours sounds too long, Arkham Horror is probably a bad idea, that game can go for ages. Mansions of Madness (from what I have heard/read) is considerably shorter and has a GM who is pitted against the other players, Arkham Horror is all players against the game.

Dominion is fantastic fun, though I like the games with attack cards; messing with other people is fun. If you have a bunch of expansions, there is an iPhone app that allows you to set up some random games, so you can try that instead of just the recommended themes that come with the game and expansions.

Yeah, we heard Arkham Horror was long. Sounds awesome though, heard it's really hard to win. Mansions of Madness is good, but still seems hard to beat the GM. I love the little stories and it has these neat puzzle pieces you need to solve. Last game the GM won because he took skin samples from the players, went into the altar, summoned a fuck-off big Chthonian who proceeded to waltz out the door lol.

Dominion I've only played a couple of times. Really simple and good fun. That app sounds cool, will have to tell my mate about it. It's definitely a bit more easy going than the other games we play. We also get into Catan as well which can be a nice change of pace.

Jintor

its fine for tourists (just don't take drugs) ..... just that if you're not ethnic malay (eg: chinese or indian), you're pretty much a 2nd class citizen.

eg: My dad was a public servant and was passed over for promotion 8 years in a row because he mysteriously couldn't meet the malay language requirement.

the annoying thing is that when he finally got fed up and moved to Singapore .....they changed it so that testing wasn't needed anymore >_<

all those language lessons gone to waste.

Thats why there are so many chinese malaysians in Australia.

Or Muslim, dont' forget Muslim, though I don't think that bias is quite as bad as the ethnic Malay thing.

Man, I've forgotten all my malay. Uh... apa kaba?

Okay guys, next meet is a boardgame night at someone's house.

Danoss

Yeah, we heard Arkham Horror was long. Sounds awesome though, heard it's really hard to win. Mansions of Madness is good, but still seems hard to beat the GM. I love the little stories and it has these neat puzzle pieces you need to solve. Last game the GM won because he took skin samples from the players, went into the altar, summoned a fuck-off big Chthonian who proceeded to waltz out the door lol.

Yes! That is why these Call of Cthulhu games are so great. Even when you lose horribly, it's fantastic!

In Arkham Horror, there is an event card for the woods where you get jumped by hillbillies, we call it "the rape card". One of my mates ended up in the woods and had to pull an event card, someone else piped up, excitedly "You're gonna get raped! Can I draw the card from the pile for you?" He was given the go ahead and sure enough the rape card came up and we were all in hysterics. It may not seem funny at the moment in text form, but little moments like that really make the game. Win or lose, it's a great time.

Dominion I've only played a couple of times. Really simple and good fun. That app sounds cool, will have to tell my mate about it. It's definitely a bit more easy going than the other games we play. We also get into Catan as well which can be a nice change of pace.

Dominion is our warm up game, always playing it at the start of each gaming session. Everyone likes it and it's always fun. The reactions from an attack card like The Witch (make everyone draw a curse card) followed by a Masquerade (pass a card from your hand to the left) is always funny, curse cards going everywhere.

Reptile, as others have said Ticket to Ride is probably the best game to start with if you are new to Euro style board games, girls seem to generally love it as well. It isn't the cheapest though, at about $55-$60 plus shipping online from Milsims or Games Empire.

If you are looking for co-op, Pandemic is great fun and a bit cheaper (though sometimes a bit tough for beginners). Even cheaper is a game called Forbidden Island (made by the same guy who made Pandemic) which is simpler to learn and a lot of fun.

Carcassonne and Citadels are both reasonably cheap and a lot of fun for 2 or more players. Scoring in Carcassonne can be a bit tricky at first but like any board game becomes simpler the more you play. Citadels is great and can be played by up to 7 or 8 players if the family is around.

Dominion is always fun as well, one of the simpler deck building games out there but heaps of expansions to keep things fresh.

If you are interested in more complicated and longer 2 player games I would highly recommend Twilight Struggle or 1960: The Making of the President. Both are reasonably complex but have fantastic gameplay and are amazing fun. My girlfriend and I have a game of 1960 every couple of weeks, I'm always Nixon and I pretty much always lose :(

Best way to research any of them is to go onto www.boardgamegeek.com and start reading reviews and checking out the charts. If you are getting a game to play with the other half make sure you can play it with 2 players (might seem obvious but worth mentioning, I don't have many opportunities to play with multiple people so I pretty much always end up just playing against the gf).

Also make sure you shop around, if you buy from a bricks and mortar store you will pretty much always pay to much.

These are the better known Australian sites:

www.gamesparadise.com.au - "free" shipping
when you buy a crapload of stuff
but prices can be a bit on the expensive side. Shitty customer service, in stock games can take a couple of weeks to ship.

www.gamesempire.com.au - great prices on most stuff and friendly customer service. Fast shipping. Range can sometimes be a bit limited.

www.milsims.com.au - great prices and best range, most of the time the customer service is friendly.

www.unhalfbricking.com - I haven't used this guy personally but they seem to have a good range of some hard to find stuff.

I've only been into board games seriously for the last year or so but am glad to help if you have any questions! Game on!

Top Bottom