• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Deeku

I am never going to dismantle my glasses ever again. Took me 3 hours to screw the arm back on - half the time was spent looking for the screw after it flew off. Gonna leave this shit to experts next time!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Got my entire bond back for the last place. Holy shit, yes yes yes. Did not expect that.

Jintor

Awww yeah second morning run down

I guess it's looking like mon-wed-fri for runs and tues-thurs-sat for minor weights

wooooooo

Is there any way unskilled labour like me can help with the categorisation Omi? Feel like doing something productive this weekend.

Awww yeah second morning run down

I guess it's looking like mon-wed-fri for runs and tues-thurs-sat for minor weights

wooooooo

After the 2 hour pram push on Wednesday I took the little guy for a walk up to the shops yesterday on his little bike which took about an hour. I was a blubbering mess by the time we got back, much more unfit than I thought. May have to take things slowly and go for some solo walks -> jogging first.

Jintor

Yeah, I'm only doing 25-minute jog-runs at the moment. But I'm not collapsing into the dust yet, and I feel reasonably good afterwards, so it's a good start!

Clipper

SydGAF Board Gamers, time to work out a date. Jintor says next week is out due to Chinese New Year and I'm going to be busy the weekend after. So, do we do it this weekend or at the start of February? Also, is preferred venue my place, UNSW or does anybody have any other soluions?

Danoss

SydGAF Board Gamers, time to work out a date. Jintor says next week is out due to Chinese New Year and I'm going to be busy the weekend after. So, do we do it this weekend or at the start of February? Also, is preferred venue my place, UNSW or does anybody have any other soluions?

Speaking of which, look what turned up this morning.

dK3iP.jpg

Next Saturday (the 21st) is no good for me as that is an RP weekend, as is every second Saturday afterwards.

This weekend may be a little too soon, as I would like to familiarise myself with the rules of the games I have on the table (I've also made plans this Saturday). A number of them are rather dense in this area and a couple of them (easy ones to learn to play) haven't arrived yet; namely, the ones ordered from Milsims Games. A couple of the games from Milsims were on backorder, that's fine, but one of them was in-stock and ordered Express Post at the same time as the games you see above, and they haven't even begun to process the order yet. The only thing I don't like about ordering from Milsims is that they're sloooow.

I'm off to call Milsims to get them to change postage to normal, and save myself $5.50.

Venue, of course! I'm easy in this regard, whatever works best for everyone would be fine. I'll have to be taking PT either way, as I cannot lug these big boxes on a motorcycle it its current configuration. If I had to be swayed either way, it'd be whatever has the more convenient PT options. I'm coming from out Parramatta way.

I can't think of any other solutions for a venue other than the already suggested locations.

But, that's exactly what sports are for. The elation I feel when my team scores a try, makes a big tackle, kicks a goal, win the game is incredible. I wouldn't change it for anything. Sports are all about emotion, otherwise, what's the point?

As an Eels supporter, this can't really happen that often for you can it?

I'm sorry, don't hate me

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
How excellent was it when that man hit the ball and made those runs? Wow, I didn't expect such a shocking turn that late in the game!

wonzo

Banned
I would bitch about cricket. But I actually have been known to watch three hours of golf on tv straight.
shit, i actually forgot about golf. clearly i was wrong about cricket.

But, that's exactly what sports are for. The elation I feel when my team scores a try, makes a big tackle, kicks a goal, win the game is incredible. I wouldn't change it for anything. Sports are all about emotion, otherwise, what's the point?

Related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN1WN0YMWZU
david mitchell knows what's up.

midonnay

ahaha, bcci complaining about the condition of the pitch....

after all the dead dustbowls the aussies are forced to endure everytime we go there :/

jambo

Reposting my GotY picks from the thread in Gaming

01. Portal 2
02. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
03. Minecraft
04. Battlefield 3
05. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
06. Bulletstorm
07. Super Mario 3D Land
08. Trackmania 2
09. Red Orchestra 2
10. RAGE

X. Serious Sam: BFE
X. F1 2011
X. Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary

Also for best Soundtrack

1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
2. Portal 2
3. Minecraft

X. Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Can't wait for my copy of the Skyrim soundtrack to arrive!

How excellent was it when that man hit the ball and made those runs? Wow, I didn't expect such a shocking turn that late in the game!

I thought you'd be too busy getting emotional over the STALKER 2 news to come in here and post about sports

wonzo

Banned
I thought you'd be too busy getting emotional over the STALKER 2 news to come in here and post about sports
It kinda makes sense getting emotionally invested in something that does effect you (whether or not you get to play a game, MML3 ;_;) than something as inconsequential as the outcome of a sports match.

EatChildren

I'll believe in STALKER 2 when I see and feel STALKER 2.

jambo

It kinda makes sense getting emotionally invested in something that does effect you (whether or not you get to play a game, MML3 ;_;) than something as inconsequential as the outcome of a sports match.

But people play games to get enjoyment out of them.

People also watch sports to get enjoyment out of them.

How is it different?

And how are games abel to "effect you" more than sports? =\

wonzo

Banned
But people play games to get enjoyment out of them.

People also watch sports to get enjoyment out of them.

How is it different?

There's a difference between playing a sport and watching people play a sport.

And how are games abel to "effect you" more than sports? =\
By there mere fact that you can interact with a game where the same isn't true of watching people run around a field for over an hour.

By there mere fact that you can interact with a game where the same isn't true of watching people run around a field for over an hour.
So every form of passive entertainment is inferior? Books, TV, movies, theatre, concerts, art galleries?

Choc'd! But not as badly as jambo!

jambo

So movies, books, tv shows are all inferior to games?

DAMN YOU SCIENCE WHY CANT YOU MAKE EVERYWHERE THE SAME TIME I WANT MY CRICKET. You can send a man to the moon but you can't make my games or Cricket always start at my time.

cricket's easily the most boring professional sport of them all.
Your mum is a boring professional sport.

There is indeed. They are both enjoyable for most people though. Same with the difference incurred by playing a sport in video game format.

some people even watch their games
in the shrink wrap
Me :(

We need to discuss the immortal game of Bocce in this thread.
So good when drunk.

Danoss

So this

2wPo9.jpg

is superior to this

c70d2.jpg

because you're pressing buttons instead of cheering and chanting and being social?

Stackboy

What the fuck is with all this serious, depressive talk around AusGAF? Jesus fuck. It's Summer, it's effectively Friday, there are no major natural disasters to cause price hikes in PC components, yet here you all are bitching like your lives couldn't get any worse. Cheer the fuck up, have a beer or a cider or a shot of tequila (or cocksucking cowboy if you're that way inclined) or a hot chocolate (if you're in Melbourne) or a joint or something, rub one out and chill.

OT is for depressing shit. Last I saw, we're in Community. Which is for happy people.

The world needs more Shaneus.

Top Bottom