• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

starc had dravid plum before though....

the umpire is fucking blind
Nah wouldn't have been given.

Starc to Dravid, no run, big appeal for lbw, that swung in quite a bit and looked close, pitching on a good length on middle and Dravid was a little surprised by the movement, tried to close the face but couldn't do it in time, struck on the pads but it would have just missed leg

Salazar

You guys, it's Friday arvo.

Been on public transport most of the day. "Police incident" at a station so I had to get off, catch a series of buses. Sitting with horrible bogans.

"I think, ya know, the reason my life's been so, ya know, shit, is that God gives tests to the strong".

Fuuuuuuuck.

How is it? Going to make a trip to Dans tonight and pick up some random beers I have never tasted for some fun.
I like to pick up what I call a 'royal sampler' of beer on occasion. From there I'd recommend (in no particular order), Stone & Wood Pacific Ale, White Rabbit White Ale, Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA, Mountain Goat Steam Ale, Brewdog Punk IPA, Paulaner Hefeweizen, Chimay Blue, Little Creatures Marzen or Big Dipper (if they have it).

They certainly don't have as good selection as somewhere like Purvis Cellars but they're cheap for what they offer.

Just noticed on their (Dan Murphy) website that they have Sink the Bismarck and Tactical Nuclear Penguin!

I propose that AusGAF do 'Brady Bunch' avatars in February. All that's required is a picture of you (or someone else) looking either up or down to the post above or below.

He took Kahn's advice well lol

gallery_21737_13263_2077242245db0f8ee7886.jpg

Choc

Banned
if you guys aren't watching it on tv you can't see how high the ball is bouncing

LBW on this pitch is going to be very hard for umpires to give

How is it? Going to make a trip to Dans tonight and pick up some random beers I have never tasted for some fun.

It's a workhorse, not as good as some other stouts (their Export Stout is better), but it's still nice. I am a fan of some of these weird Hitochino (Japanese) stouts, Coffee Stout is great.

I like to pick up what I call a 'royal sampler' of beer on occasion. From there I'd recommend (in no particular order), Stone & Wood Pacific Ale, White Rabbit White Ale, Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA, Mountain Goat Steam Ale, Brewdog Punk IPA, Paulaner Hefeweizen, Chimay Blue, Little Creatures Marzen or Big Dipper (if they have it).

Just noticed on their (Dan Murphy) website that they have Sink the Bismarck and Tactical Nuclear Penguin!

Hell yeah boy. Hell yeah. What's Nuclear Penguin!?!?!?

Hell yeah boy. Hell yeah. What's Nuclear Penguin!?!?!?

A 35% (or more?) beer, made by super-freezing it. It's pretty much a beer/scotch hybrid (but only containing beer so not a blend or anything).
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/16315/54571

Blue Label is a blend anyway, many scotches cheaper than it taste better.
Agreed. I wasn't really a big fan of the small bottle I was given. Much prefer something like Aberlour A'Bunadh.

jambo

I was just using Blue Label as a price point, you can put whatever bottle you want in to the question.

Surely $25,000 is over the top and stupidly priced?

I was just using Blue Label as a price point, you can put whatever bottle you want in to the question.

Surely $25,000 is over the top and stupidly priced?
True, but you can buy a nice bottle of say Chandon sparkling white for $20 whereas Dom Perignon can cost upwards of $350.

You're partly paying for the exclusivity (there's only one in Australia, can't get much more exclusive) and the 50 years it had to be stored and looked after.

Holy shit, that is an incredible scotch! The burn is a characteristic all it's own, I've never had anything quite like it.
It's the only scotch that I can taste in the morning. In between of course were another glass of something weaker, brushing my teeth, sleeping, breakfast, brushing my teeth... and I can still taste it by the time I get to work.
Of all the scotches I've had, this is the only one that I can say I am definitely 100% going to get another bottle of once I'm done.

Jintor

I wonder what else there is that I give a shit about besides vidyagames that I could conceivably write about for a living. Or maybe like I initially thought I'll have to put it on the hobby pile and go do law forever.

I wonder what else there is that I give a shit about besides vidyagames that I could conceivably write about for a living. Or maybe like I initially thought I'll have to put it on the hobby pile and go do law forever.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Although this is, depressingly, what every law/journo student inevitably does.

Danoss

I think the oldest scotch I've ever had was the Lagavulin 16, so I cannot confirm what I have been told. That is, once scotch gets past a certain age, say about 18 years, it doesn't improve much, if at all. Many say that The MacAllan 30 is almost too smooth and mellow to the point of being boring. If this is true, that Glenfiddich 50 could be one very plain scotch.

Though aging seems to have different effects on different scotch recipes. Glenmorangie 10 is amazing and the older ones are meant to be no improvement; I have only had the 10, so I cannot confirm this. Talisker 10 is incredible and I don't know if it can be improved, it is one of my favourites.

I have one scotch from Tasmania that was only aged 4 years. They can get away with that as the casks they use are much smaller, so there is more contact with the wood. It has a strange combination of characteristics, behaving as a young whisky and also a much older one at the same time. Very nice indeed - Hellyers Road is the brand if anyone feels like trying it.

I think the oldest scotch I've ever had was the Lagavulin 16, so I cannot confirm what I have been told. That is, once scotch gets past a certain age, say about 18 years, it doesn't improve much, if at all. Many say that The MacAllan 30 is almost too smooth and mellow to the point of being boring. If this is true, that Glenfiddich 50 could be one very plain scotch.

Though aging seems to have different effects on different scotch recipes. Glenmorangie 10 is amazing and the older ones are meant to be no improvement; I have only had the 10, so I cannot confirm this. Talisker 10 is incredible and I don't know if it can be improved, it is one of my favourites.

I have one scotch from Tasmania that was only aged 4 years. They can get away with that as the casks they use are much smaller, so there is more contact with the wood. It has a strange combination of characteristics, behaving as a young whisky and also a much older one at the same time. Very nice indeed - Hellyers Road is the brand if anyone feels like trying it.

I have a bottle of that. Really nice stuff. Although I do prefer to call it Hell Yeah's Road.

Dead Man

Sounds interesting, I'll have to give it a try.

Rezbit

Lol how shit is Off-topic at the moment? So many terrible threads.

C'mon boys lets keep it up. Starc was okay then, give him that.

Danoss

I have a bottle of that. Really nice stuff. Although I do prefer to call it Hell Yeah's Road.

Nice! Hell Yeah indeed, it really is something else.

I only have their Original, but I do want to try some of their peated stuff to see what that's like. I also see they have Southern Fire now, which is their export stuff, it's got me intrigued as to how different it is, if at all.

Lol how shit is Off-topic at the moment? So many terrible threads.

Is it? I stopped going to that cesspool a while ago. The only place on GAF left that I visit is this thread, the rest of my foruming activities are spent elsewhere.

I'll have to chase that down too.

Thought I had an unopened Talisker but it turned out it was a Tormore. And then I found an unopened Balvenie next to it... I should really drink what I have first.

Danoss

That's the damn problem with nice single malts, always the desire to try something new and different. I have to start working my way through what I have too.

The only bottle that I've regularly replaced is my bottle of Teacher's. If I'm drinking a bit, I'll sit on that so I'm not wasting the "good stuff" when I can't enjoy it for what it is.

Top Bottom