• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Shaneus

I was making a joke that their mother took money in exchange for intercourse! Punctuation pun would have lessened the school yard effect of it being a stupid joke.

Also I have come around on it. Feel very good after 3 and no after effects. My teeth don't feel coated in sugar or anything!
Glad! I don't know if it makes a big difference, but apparently a few ciders are made from a syrup or something but that one is made straight from crushed apples. Also, it's brewed and bottled in NZ, so that has to mean something. Even if it's only that it has the same origin as this and this.

On Melbourne St: http://www.yakitori-takumi.com/ The brew was not cheap though, $14 a bottle from memory, don';t think it was worth that, but it was nice.
Ah. All the cool, exotic looking/sounding drinks are either expensive or taste like arse :(

midonnay

Why? Link?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=458806

iG8vy00kEpNP5.gif

Shaneus

Well, so long guys. Nice to know you. Come up with a cure for cancer please.

I've lived for too long to change my ways now.

Wish I could find a picture of Dr. Hibberts wife Bernice fainting backwards on her dining room chair when the news of Prohibition broke to Springfield Newspapers.

It sure would be witty right now.
A pancreas is one of those things we can live without, yeah?

Edit: Really do like that artwork, Jintor. Obvious anime but it's had an edge taken off, like it's more western or something. Totes did it.

Salazar

Wordies is closed? That sucks. They had shitty coffee, but it was a great place.

They ran an al fresco operation for a while as the bookstore and their premises were being refurbished, and they were planning on coming back, but

a) it took too long
b) the uni was asking for CBD rent

hamchan

So I bought Mass Effect 2 PS3 for a replay to get prepped for Mass Effect 3 and I ended up playing it for 6 hours straight last night. Game is still awesome guys, especially on Insane difficulty.

Shaneus

Well, I think I'm finally happy with the OCing results of my new video and cpu setup. The result:
fhKih.png

(Metro 2033 bench, full EVERYTHING)

Still can't get Saints 3 to run at 60fps flat for some reason, though :lol

Danoss

Well, so long guys. Nice to know you. Come up with a cure for cancer please.

I was told just over 2 weeks ago that bowel cancer in my family is hereditary. I'll be eating all the bacon, sausages and devon that I want. I will soon have to start having a camera shoved up my arse at regular intervals to check for cancer anyway, so what's the harm?

Also, my brother is currently a biotech master doing tests in a lab, focusing on curing cancer. I'll tell him to hurry it up.

Jintor

huhhhhhhhhhh

this might be a side affect of playing a fuck-tonne of KS and writing an indepth article about it, but i am severely missing my ex right now

Deeku

huhhhhhhhhhh

this might be a side affect of playing a fuck-tonne of KS and writing an indepth article about it, but i am severely missing my ex right now
Just reload a quicksave and you might have her back!

In other depressing news, I have to be in Chatswood for dinner and the bridge is closed. Fun times in the tunnel I guess:/

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Just fixed the light fitting that I broke on NYE, cost to me? $6.50'
I'm sure if i'd left it til my inspection or me leaving they'd have taken out $80 from the bond or more.

Went to a model train show and a Wellbeing Fair. Fuck I need a beer. Little guy was entranced by the little trains going around and some of the setups were really detailed and impressive. Not a place to tune for chicks though. Wellbeing Fair in the park had like 5 donation collectors at the front gate and had a total of 5 stalls run by; a recycling company, the local waste company, solar panel company and the water board. Oh and they had a fashion show for some shitty local designer who's clothes looked like they were from the 50's. THANK GOD CRICKET IS ON NOW.

Also, my brother is currently a biotech master doing tests in a lab, focusing on curing cancer. I'll tell him to hurry it up.
If things go well I will send him a fruit basket if you PM me his address! Also I need to go get checked.

Easy fix, start talking to more women. Rule of numbers means you will eventually run into someone worth spending at least a few hours a day with.

Sweet thanks for that, will install with the next reboot.

Shaneus

Easy fix, start talking to more women. Rule of numbers means you will eventually run into someone worth spending at least a few hours a day with.

Andre: First of all, you can't just go up and talk to a girl anymore, all right? That's out. You gotta neg 'em.
Pete: "Neg" as in "be negative"?
Andre: Exactly. Wait, watch.
Andre (to girl): Nice pants-- makes your butt look fat.
Pete: She hates you right now.
Andre: Right now. Come midnight, she'll be back. Watch.
Pete: I don't think the negging is for me, I gotta say. It's not my speed.
Andre: If you're not gonna do negging, do magic.
Pete: You're gonna look me in the eye and tell me that girls at a bar like magic?
Andre: I'm gonna tell you that everybody loves magic-- everyone.
Pete: What's your success rate like around here?
Andre: What are we talking? Handjibbers?

(not the exact quote I was looking for... I remember Andre said something somewhere about giving him a 7-8% chance, but can't remember which ep. Also, ep #2 is the first episode he says "child, please"!)

warner and cowan kick arse.......shaun marsh am cry

At this point with the series won I don't think they will change the team for the final test. Give Watson a little more time to strengthen. Regardless Marsh has to go. I would rather see Watson at number 3 anyway as this opening combination work perfectly together with their contrasting styles.

Yagharek

At this point with the series won I don't think they will change the team for the final test. Give Watson a little more time to strengthen. Regardless Marsh has to go. I would rather see Watson at number 3 anyway as this opening combination work perfectly together with their contrasting styles.

It's kind of like the Marsh/Boon partnership in terms of temperament. One is the run maker, the other is the steadier. Both of them have to work out rash shots, nerves etc, but there is potential with these two that has been missing since Hayden/Langer.

midonnay

oh presidravid

its a pity though.... took forever for Marsh to get into the side. Looks like his brother will overtake him in the end.

Kritz

Banned
Dungeons and Dragons Bullshit
The next game is set for Tuesday at 7pm. I'll be DMing. We'll be finishing off my short campaign to make way for Clipper Novelty DM month.

So, we have a lot of players currently. There are about nine characters between me, aon, clipper, banana, marsh, holycheck, don, jintor and rahk. The recommended party size is around 4 players. We need to split the party.

We won't be doing it until Aon gets back, I suspect. Maybe sooner, but maybe not. So far we think the best split will be the following:

Lawful Good
Clipper, Kritz, Jintor, Holycheck

Unaligned
Don, Rahk, Aon, Marshmellow and Banana

We will probably do interconnected campaigns, and have fairly regular party meetups where characters can be mixed and matched or trade goods or fight eachother or something.

Those party splits aren't final, by the way. Just one idea of ways we could split.

Okay AusGAF. Help me.

Old Windows install folder is still on my media hard drive. Tried changing ownership settings to Administrator and giving full control. Still won't let me delete the folder as I need the Administrator's permission...

EDIT: Having to go into each subfolder and change permissions. Ugh. Working through slowly though.

Choc

Banned
lets say the folder is c:\test

type this in an elevated command line (run as administrator cmd32.exe)

takeown /f c:\test /r /d y

Shaneus

Okay AusGAF. Help me.

Old Windows install folder is still on my media hard drive. Tried changing ownership settings to Administrator and giving full control. Still won't let me delete the folder as I need the Administrator's permission...
Changed the owner via the security settings? This thingy's what I'm ramblin' 'bout:
4dJow.png

Top Bottom