• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Yagharek

Seems SOPA has passed in effect in Australia.

"This video contains content from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Fuckin youtube/

jambo

qxTz0.gif

CAEsr.gif

Yagharek

CAT, n.
A soft, indestructible automaton provided by nature to be kicked when things go wrong in the domestic circle.

This is a dog,
This is a cat.
This is a frog,
This is a rat.
Run, dog, mew, cat.
Jump, frog, gnaw, rat.

~ Elevenson

Wise words.

I have one scotch from Tasmania that was only aged 4 years. They can get away with that as the casks they use are much smaller, so there is more contact with the wood. It has a strange combination of characteristics, behaving as a young whisky and also a much older one at the same time. Very nice indeed - Hellyers Road is the brand if anyone feels like trying it.

Sullivan's Cove isn't bad either. It's a little different tasting, but it's nice. Pricey for a bottle though, I split the cost with my friend on Christmas Eve.

A 35% (or more?) beer, made by super-freezing it. It's pretty much a beer/scotch hybrid (but only containing beer so not a blend or anything).
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/16315/54571

I want this in me.

Porters have the scotch taste to them too, does this classify as one? Grand Ridge make/made something called Supershine which was lethal and taste like scotch.

Danoss

Sullivan's Cove isn't bad either. It's a little different tasting, but it's nice. Pricey for a bottle though, I split the cost with my friend on Christmas Eve.

I have heard of these guys before, but I haven't tried any of their stuff. You're not wrong about the price, quite surprising for an Aussie distiller. I'll definitely have to give them a try, though I'll have to go all in as none of my friends are scotch drinkers. Might start with their Double Cask as that doesn't hit the wallet as hard.

I like to pick up what I call a 'royal sampler' of beer on occasion. From there I'd recommend (in no particular order), Stone & Wood Pacific Ale, White Rabbit White Ale, Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA, Mountain Goat Steam Ale, Brewdog Punk IPA, Paulaner Hefeweizen, Chimay Blue, Little Creatures Marzen or Big Dipper (if they have it).

They certainly don't have as good selection as somewhere like Purvis Cellars but they're cheap for what they offer.

Just noticed on their (Dan Murphy) website that they have Sink the Bismarck and Tactical Nuclear Penguin!
So my Dan's had NOTHING. Like the only one they had was Punk IPA. Decided to pick up a 4 pack of cider and give it a shot.
334184_0_9999_med_v1_m56577569839812928.jpg

Not bad but not incredible or anything. Great for the price. Will drink again if I am feeling thrifty.

ANY OTHER BOOZEDEALERS THAT I CAN PICK UP A SIX PACK OF UNIQUE BEERS FROM?

It's a workhorse, not as good as some other stouts (their Export Stout is better), but it's still nice. I am a fan of some of these weird Hitochino (Japanese) stouts, Coffee Stout is great.

What's Nuclear Penguin!?!?!?
Really need to grab some stout as I recall liking it in the past. I could eat Guiness all day long so it should be a match made in heaven.
Also Nuclear Penguin is $170 for 330ml. INSANE. I want.

Car fixed, quicker and cheaper than expected, and new job offer. This week is redeemed!
Can I have your old job?

I have a bottle of that. Really nice stuff. Although I do prefer to call it Hell Yeah's Road.
Worst band ever. Should have known after Mudvayne quickly went downhill and Vinnie Paul has been mediocre since near the end of Pantera. Time to listen to some Cowboys From Hell in honour of what once was.

Will be putting the booze on my list though!

Lol how shit is Off-topic at the moment? So many terrible threads.
This is the only reason to go to OT. Totally worth it though.

Wwos twitter feed.
Lol
Will be the next Johnson. Hopefully Pattinson and Cummins come back strong.

So my Dan's had NOTHING. Like the only one they had was Punk IPA. Decided to pick up a 4 pack of cider and give it a shot.
Bugger. I actually looked at their 'craft beer' part of their website and all of those were listed. However it is Warrnambool. You could try Whale Ale from Flying Horse just down the road? Don't know if it's any good.

Jintor

How do you bust a piano? lol

I've had my piano for 20+ years and it only needed tuning once. Tuning was expensive too!

I opened it up, and it looks like the threads on some of the hammers have snapped.

The thing is we got them replaced already last year, so clearly our last repairman sucked.

India have been woeful this tour. Can't leave home for the life of them at the moment. Will be a whitewash unless we have a lapse in concentration for a full 5 days at this point. Khan is their only bright spot aside from the unlucky spinner getting dropped who was handy with the bat rather than the ball.

Bugger. I actually looked at their 'craft beer' part of their website and all of those were listed. However it is Warrnambool. You could try Whale Ale from Flying Horse just down the road? Don't know if it's any good.
Yeah horrible selection. Flying Horse is really good actually. Otherside of town to me though which is annoying. The microbrews are all really good, not enough that I would buy it in Melbourne or anything but they are a great price and have a great range. The Whale Ale is indeed great. Never get a chance to go out for a brew though as I haven't got any mates here yet.

No its not - I found it on another forum altogether.
Everything ends up getting reposted in there eventually. Even if you do have to listen to 5 or 6 people calling it old.

Really want to do some gaming this weekend. Need to finish at least one game.
I will set my sights to something plausible.

Also need to stop listening to Flash Flood of Colour at some point for that to happen. So good. Will be grabbing a ticket to the sidewave without a doubt.

I can

g u a r a n t e e

it has needed tuning more than once in 20 years.

Fixed.

:)

Seems SOPA has passed in effect in Australia.

"This video contains content from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Fuckin youtube/

this is nothing to do with SOPA. They've had that for ages. I've had a few videos blocked in Germany etc and copyright claims (from EMI) on others.

You want fucked up? Put up a video that has a song from the Muppet movie like Rainbow Connection or Moving Right Along and they remove the audio

Yagharek

this is nothing to do with SOPA. They've had that for ages. I've had a few videos blocked in Germany etc and copyright claims (from EMI) on others.

You want fucked up? Put up a video that has a song from the Muppet movie like Rainbow Connection or Moving Right Along and they remove the audio

I know its not really SOPA (which isnt even law), but its pretty much the future of user generated content once it passes. The world wide web will be dictated to by the laws of one country. So many videos are going to be butchered once the law rests firmly in the hands of the music/film industry and their lobby group ballwashing sycophants.

I had a White Owl at a yakitori place here recently, damn fine brew. Not real strong, but so incredibly drinkable it was fantastic.

beer-whiteale.jpg
I had one of their XS (I think? Extra strong or extra old or something) ones. It was pretty good. A huge range of them is available at Purvis Cellars in Surrey Hills.

Warner is destroying this Indian attack. To be fair though, it is pop gun at best.

It really is if they are bowling at 100kmph at the moment. Just see's the ball incredibly well and plays the perfect shot most times.

India should just pack their bags and go, utterly destroyed today. Absolute disgrace.

Very happy that Cowan is playing his own game. Looks like the kind of player that will be still in the team in ten years time. Still 33 for 34!

Rahk

I know its not really SOPA (which isnt even law), but its pretty much the future of user generated content once it passes. The world wide web will be dictated to by the laws of one country. So many videos are going to be butchered once the law rests firmly in the hands of the music/film industry and their lobby group ballwashing sycophants.

Also, this article from a few weeks back:

http://torrentfreak.com/universal-censors-megaupload-song-gets-branded-a-rogue-label-111210/

Universal Music was able to get a song taken down from YouTube that they don't even own.

WHAT A SHOT!

i'd be kinda worried right now if i was shane watson

he may not just walk back into the team.

Marsh. If he gets another duck he would have to step out for Watson.

Also, this article from a few weeks back:

http://torrentfreak.com/universal-censors-megaupload-song-gets-branded-a-rogue-label-111210/

Universal Music was able to get a song taken down from YouTube that they don't even own.
Spike VGA's were a fucking horrible experience on Youtube. Even NAUGHTY DOG had their own trailer taken down!

Rezbit

Well the way I figure it, there are a few cricketers I really don't like. Michael Clarke being one of them. But if his results as a captain and batsman measure up FOR THE GOOD OF THE COUNTRY! then I can cop it.

Shaneus

Your mum is a boring professional, sport.
I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU MISSED THE FUCKING PUNCTUATION OPPORTUNITY. Jesus.

God damnit, you're a man after my own heart, aren't you?

The world needs more Shaneus.
As are you.

Dan Toose went from writing bout videogames to making videogames
sega lol
Srsly? I can't remember what I thought about Toose (Hyper-era). I seem to recall he was one of the first main editors after the initial Clarke/Humphries(<3)/Mansill/Elliott (Elliott Fish? Ben Elliott? Fuck, my memory's shit) era (I think) and the mag took a pretty shit turn around then, so I didn't like him. That might've all been just a coincidence, but I never really clicked with what the mag did since that point.

Edit: Fuck, I might be thinking of someone else. Dan might've been good. I dunno. Shit. It's been too long. Just lay off already!

I miss first-gen Hyper :( I was SO ready to have Andrew Humphries' babies back then. I distinctly remember his review of Road Rash 3DO being god-tier game journalism.

Are any of you secret piano repairmen

my piano is busted.
Something something didn't ask for a 12-inch pianist?

334184_0_9999_med_v1_m56577569839812928.jpg

Not bad but not incredible or anything. Great for the price. Will drink again if I am feeling thrifty.

ANY OTHER BOOZEDEALERS THAT I CAN PICK UP A SIX PACK OF UNIQUE BEERS FROM?
Good man. It really only comes into it's own during really warm weather. It's good because it's not heavy, very barely sweet and still tastes like you're sinking booze rather than Appletise.

I had a White Owl at a yakitori place here recently, damn fine brew. Not real strong, but so incredibly drinkable it was fantastic.

http://www.kodawari.cc/public/product_images/nestbeer/beer-whiteale.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
I want that just for the fuck-yeah Woodstock-reminiscent font. Is Yakitori Place a town, or restaurant or pub or booze shop or something? I think I want it.

[quote="midonnay, post: 34238921"]evilore thread is amazing :D[/QUOTE]
Why? Link?

Also, someone link me to the funny pics thread. Too lazy to do that shit myself.

$10 coupon for Spotlight VIP members. Fuck yes.

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU MISSED THE FUCKING PUNCTUATION OPPORTUNITY. Jesus.

Good man. It really only comes into it's own during really warm weather. It's good because it's not heavy, very barely sweet and still tastes like you're sinking booze rather than Appletise..
I was making a joke that their mother took money in exchange for intercourse! Punctuation pun would have lessened the school yard effect of it being a stupid joke.

Also I have come around on it. Feel very good after 3 and no after effects. My teeth don't feel coated in sugar or anything!

Bloody work calling at 10pm on a friday night. They'd either want me doing night shift or first thing in the morning. No, no, no.
Never answer your phone after hours from work! That is why work don't have my personal number this time around.

Top Bottom