• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Choc

Banned
hussey failed
ponting failed
haddin failed
clarke failed
marsh failed

nice to see the regular programming has resumed

Jintor

hacking.gif

NSF001 smashthestate

lets say the folder is c:\test

type this in an elevated command line (run as administrator cmd32.exe)

takeown /f c:\test /r /d y

Thanks Choc! Had already been taking ownership the long way by Properties -> Security -> Advanced -> Owner -> Edit and selecting "Replace owner on subcontainers/objects" but when I cleared out the Windows folder it wouldn't let me take ownership of the Program Files folder as it shit itself not being able to find Windows folder. This commandline reset it to TrustedInstaller so I could then change ownership.

In order to delete everything else though I had to add the steps; Properties -> Security -> Advanced -> Permissions -> Change Permissions -> Edit -> Click on Full Control checkbox and Apply to subcontainers/objects checkbox -> OK -> checkboxes for inheritable permissions and replace child object permissions.

At that point I was finally allowed to bulk delete the folders.

God I love not bothering with PC configuration.
Completely my fault for trying to be fancy and not format the HDD properly. I should have just transferred everything off and formatted when I installed the SSD.

Choc

Banned
Settle down choc. In the context of the game, these are all bonus runs.

you can't deny its yet another middle order collapse

edit: that said i predict the match will be over in 3 days

edit: another wicket. If india bat well its game on. If india bat well...

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Bastion was good.

So far that's 2 good games i've completed this year. Alice madness returns and bastion.

Two games i liked people. FUCK!

Also, I get the feeling steam chat died.

Salazar

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/bus...370m-slug-before-election-20120113-1pzbu.html

THE Bligh government in Queensland has angered miners with a $370 million cash grab before the start to the federal government's mining tax.

The new charges - including a radical cash-bidding system for coal permits - were announced by the Queensland Treasurer, Andrew Fraser, yesterday as part of efforts to bring the budget back to surplus before the state election.

Queensland Resources Council said the charges would hit junior miners most. The chief executive of the lobby group, Michael Roche, said the $370 million in new charges by 2014-15 was ''predicated on a flawed assumption that minerals and energy companies are bottomless cash pits''.

Gogogogogogogogo Anna.

TODAY IS BACON DAY. Having Parmies for dinner with Jalapeños in the salsa. So freaking excited for them. Should have got some nice wedges to go with the salad and sour cream.

Endeavouring to get closer to the end of Arkham City tonight while hoping to see a few wickets fall before 9pm. Maybe I should set my sites on a smaller game, maybe one I grabbed in an indie bundle.

One little annoyance with using a 360 controller for Arkham City is that I can't easily hit F10 for a screenshot. Just an OCD thing. Cleared up 25Gb on my SSD by backing up the FRAPS folder...

Anyone else have any little gaming quirks like that?

Also thanks for the Ulver tip Omi, really enjoying Perdition City and their 3rd Death Metal album. Not into their newer stuff though, too spacey for me. Perdition City is fantastic though, feels like Akira Yamaoka would be a big fan.

Choc

Banned
over within 3 days

test cricket being 5 days is becoming a joke. When was the last time every test in Australia went 5 days? i'd wager over a decade ago

i get that but those who have day 4 tix in perth are fucked

Pretty sure most people understand that they may not get to see any cricket Choc. Those who want to guarantee it get tickets for the first 3 days. Been that way for a long time buddy. It is also why they have Free entry days for kids and the like.

Choc

Banned
This is not the first time this has happened in perth in the last 4 years

curators are supposed to prepare pitches that last @ least 4 days

and yes clearly the batting is shite, but this is a bowlers pitch easily. The way the pitch was prepared guaranteed a short test. The level of grass on it is beyond ridiculous.

CA should actually be kinda miffed about it because they have to refund day 4 (and day 3 if they drop in less than 25 overs tommorow)

edit: seriously...., 55 mins left in the day and 6 wickets left. It could finish in 2 days which would be bat shit insane AND that has happened in Perth before

also indias batting and poor display is masking that yet again our middle order failed.

One innings does not make a team. If the middle order collapses continue England and SA will fry us.

Danoss

Dungeons and Dragons Bullshit... We need to split the party.

Lawful Good
Clipper, Kritz, Jintor, Holycheck

Unaligned
Don, Rahk, Aon, Marshmellow and Banana

I know it's only a suggestion but, definitely mix up those alignments. If you have a party full of lawful good (and they stick to it), the game will be awfully predictable. Unless of course the GM wants to manipulate the crap out of the players and they don't mind.

It's certainly not my game, but I thought I'd throw my 2c in anyway.

In board gaming news, I returned from a gaming session with friends where we played Power Grid, which is the English version of the German "Funkenschlag" (such a fun word to say, try it out). Highly recommended. It's quite a serious game as you take on the role of a power company, buying power stations at auction, battling for the resources to run them, setting up locations and connections, whilst trying to balance your funds to do all these. Like many great board games, the premise sounds uninteresting, but the reality is oh so different.

Power Grid is very strategic, much more so than I thought at the start of play. Throughout the first game, the little nuances and different strategies that are possible begin to emerge. Players leapfrog each-other as the game goes on, as there are advantages to being in last place; you will often have first choice, disrupting the plans of those who are ahead of you, or having no competition for a power station you want to buy.

Ours was a close game in the end, with only two points separating first and last (fourth) place. A nail-biting finish where it was so close to being a tie between first and second place, one misstep could have tipped the scale in the other's favour. I can't wait to play it again.

If you want something a little more serious in your collection, but no less fun, Power Grid is definitely worth a look. Being for up to 6 players, it should satisfy most gaming group sizes.

Choc

Banned
I blame the beers on the pitch. Plus we did it on purpose to get an advantage over India.

doctoring pitches is nothing new, but there has to be a limit to what a team can do imo.

Like i said having massive cracks 1st ball is beyond ridiculous, thats supposed to be day 3/4

doctoring pitches is nothing new, but there has to be a limit to what a team can do imo.

Like i said having massive cracks 1st ball is beyond ridiculous, thats supposed to be day 3/4

Do they have water restrictions over there? Maybe they didn't have enough water to keep the pitch moist and growing. They also had bushfires over there right?

Busy eating McDonalds, watching Supernatural, and trawling old newspaper archives for work.

Fuck cricket.
Qwkp5.gif

Shaneus

So. I had no idea, but the movie 50/50 is "out". And holy shit... it's actually pretty good. Reptile: Here's how good it is: High & Dry is in the soundtrack. It has Joseph Gordon Levitt in it. And Seth Rogen.

Has a bit of a Garden State-y vibe to it, but a little less pretentious.

Edit: Cute spidey! Dawwww <3

Choc

Banned
There's nothing really wrong with this pitch.

1. it had a massive crack day 1, 1st ball

2. It looks like kermit the frog

3. Was never designed for the test to last even 4 days let alone 5 clearly

there is EVERYTHING wrong with this pitch. Anyone who is not biased could plainly see there is issues with this pitch.

Aleem writing in his notebook, one of the aussies might be being reported. My moneys on ponting for the death eyes he gave the umpire just then

Which Glenmorangie is the one I should grab? OG, Lasanta, Quinta Ruban or Nectar d'Or?

So. I had no idea, but the movie 50/50 is "out". And holy shit... it's actually pretty good. Reptile: Here's how good it is: High & Dry is in the soundtrack. It has Joseph Gordon Levitt in it. And Seth Rogen.
Yeah already saw it when it "released". Really good movie. I will watch pretty much anything with JGL in it. Plus the cool chick was super hot. Nice little present at the end, sexed herself up a bit.

ROFL pimping day 3 tickets

GOOD FUCKING LUCK
First 2 days sold out and it is a Sunday tomorrow. Would expect 50% sell through.

Clipper

I know it's only a suggestion but, definitely mix up those alignments. If you have a party full of lawful good (and they stick to it), the game will be awfully predictable. Unless of course the GM wants to manipulate the crap out of the players and they don't mind.

It's certainly not my game, but I thought I'd throw my 2c in anyway.
Thanks for the advice, but we're thinking of going that way moreso to be the players that don't mind having a Lawful Good Paladin of Bahamut in the party... Some of the unaligned guys seem to get a little pissed when the paly of justice says he can't allow them to sell the life of a seemingly innocent and benevolent king to a 'vizard' who has done nothing but lie and try to get his own way so far...

Or when they decide that they should kill the Ancient White Dragon that has just wilfully given them the mcguffin the party was searching for, simply because they hear it has gold in its belly...

So yeah, the 'Lawful Good' party still includes some unaligned guys, but just the unaligned ones the Paly isn't going to start wanting to kill soon :p

Yagharek

1. it had a massive crack day 1, 1st ball

2. It looks like kermit the frog

3. Was never designed for the test to last even 4 days let alone 5 clearly

there is EVERYTHING wrong with this pitch. Anyone who is not biased could plainly see there is issues with this pitch.

Aleem writing in his notebook, one of the aussies might be being reported. My moneys on ponting for the death eyes he gave the umpire just then

Settle down choc. How is it a broken pitch? Take a look at the flat, lifeless pitches in the subcontinent. No variation, 400+ run innings, no results. Nothing for the bowlers. At least Australia has pitch variety. WACA good for pacemen, SCG for spinners are classic examples.

Every ground should have character that makes each test different from the last.

Choc

Banned
SCG wasnt a spinners pitch this year

make a pitch to get a result, but not within 3 days......

and reptile, because they still have the hide to charge full price for a ticket, that would be why.

Top Bottom