• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Danoss

Which Glenmorangie is the one I should grab?

I'm told it's best to stick with The Original as it is by far the best, which is exactly what I did; I don't regret it one bit. It's a surprisingly complex whisky that you'll enjoy wrapping your taste buds around.

I found it in a nice pack with some quality whisky glasses at Dan's. Not the Glencairn glasses, but the heavy bottomed ones. I'll edit in a photo for you.

Now you've got me thinking of it, I might pour myself a dram tonight.

Thanks for the advice, but we're thinking of going that way moreso to be the players that don't mind having a Lawful Good Paladin of Bahamut in the party... Some of the unaligned guys seem to get a little pissed when the paly of justice says he can't allow them to sell the life of a seemingly innocent and benevolent king to a 'vizard' who has done nothing but lie and try to get his own way so far...

A bit of internal conflict in the party can be good fun to an extent, but I understand your point perfectly. Lawful good characters can get on other players nerves and vice versa, but if it is becoming a real problem, it would be better to separate them.

There is a player in my group that plays a lawful good style character and gets shitty with us quite often. We're currently playing Traveller (such an ancient beast of a game) and encountered a group of pirates who would have killed us and looted our bodies and spaceship given half the chance. We got what we wanted from them and I had them all lined up with a mounted .50 cal MG pointed at them. This particular player didn't like that as these pirates were new-ish recruits and he believed they could leave the life of crime and return to being pleasant citizens if we let them go on such a proviso. Like hell that would ever happen and it was my finger on the trigger, so screw those guys. I opened fire and dropped them all as I couldn't have them returning to their leader and reporting what we had just done.

One of the more rogue-ish characters suggested we make them dig their own graves before executing them, which is quite funny to think about. We of course abandoned that idea as it's a bit too cruel, especially for the more well-intentioned character.

Every time I come down to Melbourne I get very mixed feelings. I absolutely love it here, but my god the weather. Wearing a big jacket and a scarf on an afternoon in January and still freezing? Ugh. Really Gives me second thoughts about wanting to live here.

As i side note, anyone been to Dracula's? It's actually really good.

Jintor

Every time I come down to Melbourne I get very mixed feelings. I absolutely love it here, but my god the weather. Wearing a big jacket and a scarf on an afternoon in January and still freezing? Ugh. Really Gives me second thoughts about wanting to live here.

As i side note, anyone been to Dracula's? It's actually really good.

Depends how rainy it is. Cold is fine so long as it's either a crisp autumn coldness or if it's fuckin' snowing.\

I really liked Vancouver. Exactly the right temperature to wake me up the second I stepped outside.

Salazar

Sounds specdracular!

Aolow.gif

I want Bernard Tomic to injure himself in some horrible and permanent way.

Danoss

Too many posts went past by the time I actually took the photo, so here it is. It's a nice gift pack that comes with two of these glasses, they have a nice heft to them and the price is right.

9nkis.jpg

So. I had no idea, but the movie 50/50 is "out". And holy shit... it's actually pretty good. Reptile: Here's how good it is: High & Dry is in the soundtrack. It has Joseph Gordon Levitt in it. And Seth Rogen.

Has a bit of a Garden State-y vibe to it, but a little less pretentious.

Edit: Cute spidey! Dawwww <3

This post made me so happy and then so sad.
Unless you're living in the future then yes it is out.
How is the 8th of March 2012 Shaneus? Still warm?

fakeedit: finally saw the parentheses around the word out.
Fuck them for making us wait so long after it came out to see it here. Fuck fuck fuck

edit: o hai there

gumUS.jpg

great photo aye

Yagharek

Be less of a curmudgeon, old chap

Well I dont even get what he was originally saying. A machine that does everything? All I was saying was that I dont like mucking around with PCs.

Bit less defence force would be nice to see.

Anyway, Id say it says more of the mood of people reading my post than my mood when writing it.

Danoss

http://i.imgur.com/gumUS.jpg[img]
great photo aye[/QUOTE]

Awesome stuff man, thanks for sharing!

I use my Glenmorangie glasses mostly for blended whiskies that I put on ice. "Heresy" you say! I also agree, though I like my blends on ice occasionally, but my single malts go neat or with some water in my Glencairn glass for consumption.

These glasses are great, especially for nosing. You get a great nose with each sip, enhancing the experience, I think. Here's a terribly backfocused image of one that I poured about 20 mins ago.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/I6c5k.jpg

Kritz

Banned
Good news, IRC AusGAF!

I have started my Steam <-> IRC chat bot. So far it relatively successfully sends messages from Steam to IRC. It's a bit buggy at the moment so I will try and fix everything before I put it live for realsies. Once I get the one way stuff going, it should be easy to make it two-way. And then you can chat on AusGAF chat while at work / away from Steam.

fakeedit: finally saw the parentheses around the word out.
Fuck them for making us wait so long after it came out to see it here. Fuck fuck fuck
I also heard that the very impressive looking movie Tinker Tailor Solider Spy is "out" too even though it hasn't even premièred here. Logistics, I know, but this whole nonsense is costing them money and aggravation for the paying public.

il n'ya pas de hors-GAF.
I am so hungry I am sure that means pass Josh the entrées.

Did you really ask the question, "what can a computer do?"

Is that what you asked?

It was a baited question so that Vince could reel off his list of cons about PC gaming.

As in if Omi said, "Having higher quality visuals" Vince could say "Well too bad that PC ports are glitchy and graphics cards have driver problems that hurt the experience, especially day one". etc

Kritz

Banned
that's what I like about mcdonalds, though. I don't have to worry about my food burning of seriously injuring myself or cleaning up or anything. I also don't have to have this huge overhead buying cutlery and a house and

Which Glenmorangie is the one I should grab? OG, Lasanta, Quinta Ruban or Nectar d'Or?
Aberlour (I'm sure it was $75 at my local Dan Murphy's last time I visited)!

Need two new 3TB HDDs. Not paying $300 each for them.

Speaking of choclate, I cracked a small bar of single source 68% dark tonight. So damn good.
Valrhona?

50/50 was good but the wife was not impressed because of losing family members to cancer.

Wearing a big jacket and a scarf on an afternoon in January and still freezing? Ugh. Really Gives me second thoughts about wanting to live here.
It's not normal. We're all bitching about it too. But the unpredictability makes it more exciting!

50/50 is goooooooooooood.
JGL is fantastic as always one of my mancrushes. (Ryan Gosling and Donald Glover round out my top 3)
Love me some Seth Rogen. His best performance since Pineapple Express methinks. (probably better because he is just as funny and also adds a nuance of emotion)

Anna Kendrick is so cute. I think I need to watch Up in the Air again.
TIL she is in the Twilight movies. loool

Back on the whisky again, that Glenmorangie pack with glasses is on Dan's website.

It's actually $10 cheaper than the bottle by itself.

LOL

Hmmm I think when I bought it was the same price as the bottle by itself which was still interesting.

Shaneus

50/50 was good but the wife was not impressed because of losing family members to cancer.
I'd imagine it'd be quite confronting and depressing for someone in those circumstances, but thankfully I'm lucky enough to not be.

Over the last month, I think I've both seen and come to the conclusion that Drive is my favourite (note: not necessarily the "best" movie of the year) movie of 2011 and 50/50 (technically) my favourite of 2012... hard to see anything topping it as a perfectly balanced dramadey with a great soundtrack and Anna Kendrick.

Speaking of which, there's been far, far, FAR too many K-idol (or whatever) pictures posted in this thread for some strange, bizarre and VERY unsettling reason. Here's Ms. Anna Kendrick, the antidote:

gIkRe.jpg
iy7Pc.jpg

Danoss

Hmmm I think when I bought it was the same price as the bottle by itself which was still interesting.

I'm pretty sure mine was too. When you see something like that, it really is a no-brainer. If I recall correctly, when I bought mine they were right next to each-other on the shelf.

Codswallop, if you saw Aberlour A'bunadh for $75, I'm extremely jealous. That's a hell of a deal!

I hear Karen Gillan is one of the hottest chicks on the planet.

You heard right.

xEdza.jpg

Mmmmmm.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was excellent, you should all go watch it.

Top Bottom