• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Thanks everyone :D

I don't get this Triple J Top 100 thing. It's always been artists I've never heard, and songs I've never heard. And people have Australia Day parties and play it all day?

Yup, It's pretty big. It's the biggest voted for music poll in the world or something to that jazz.

It's made JJJ fairly well known around the world too.

Hottest 100 Parties are a hoot.

Nothing like a full day in a pool with the cricket on the TV, JJJ on the radio, and many a beer in hand.

jambo

Fhonf.jpg

I don't get this Triple J Top 100 thing. It's always been artists I've never heard, and songs I've never heard. And people have Australia Day parties and play it all day?

Yeah, it's a mixture of alternative music and popular stuff these days, but still good fun to vote and listen to.

Shaneus

I love Drive so much. So many memorable, awesome scenes in that movie.
I feel like such a pretentious douche when talking about it, but it's a great take on the silent protagonist movie style. Let his actions, demeanor and general body language do most of the talking rather than endless speeches. Fit really well with the 80s vibe that the movie went with, kind of like Kyle Reese in The Terminator.

Stackboy

Architecture In Helsinki - Escapee
Frenzal Rhomb - Bird Attack
Funkoars - It's All Good (is Very Good)
Luke Million - Arnold
M83 - Midnight City
Little Dragon - Little Man
Regurgitator - One Day
Seeker Lover Keeper - Even Though I'm A Woman
Tyler, The Creator - Sandwitches {Ft. Hodgy Beats}
Tyler, The Creator - Yonkers

Anyone else voted?

Yep, I heaps voted for:

Adalita - Hot Air
Battles - Ice Cream {Ft. Matias Aguayo}
Bon Iver - Calgary
City And Colour - Little Hell
Jezabels, The - Endless Summer
King Cannons - Stand Right Up
King Cannons - Teenage Dreams
Mastodon - Curl Of The Burl
Peter Bjorn & John - Second Chance
Redcoats - Dreamshaker

Stackboy

Totally.

I went in knowing absolutely nothing about it, no expectations and loved it to bits. I think those scenes stand out so much because overall, it's such a minimalist film; it allowed that contrast. Also, Bryan Cranston was excellent as always.

I watched Drive after seeing Contagion, which had quite a large cast and was hugely disappointing. The first 5 mins of Drive made Contagion look like the catastrophic failure of a film that it was.

It's a shame my friends have willingness to try anything new. I tried to get them to watch Drive, all I hear is that they skimmed their way through it as it was too slow for them, ugh. It can't all be like the opening sequence. Without the (still incredible) slow-burn, those high points don't have the impact they need. I still can't understand how they made what would be mundane in a lot of films so enthralling in Drive, but it was done so well.

The first time they play that song Shaneus linked, it stirred something up in me. The combination of it and that scene was just beautiful.

I watched the entire movie and it really didn't stick with me. The first 8 minutes is great cinema, but the rest of it is Ryan Gosling staring at things. I'm not even kidding, not trying to be funny. It just felt overhyped. Cranston was great in his little role, but that was it for me.

I watched the entire movie and it really didn't stick with me. The first 8 minutes is great cinema, but the rest of it is Ryan Gosling staring at things. I'm not even kidding, not trying to be funny. It just felt overhyped. Cranston was great in his little role, but that was it for me.
I concur with this. But then I thought it was going to be a more action-filled crime movie and so that's what I was in the mood to watch. So I only ended up half-watching when it feels like a more that demands a different mood and attention.

But hey, I watched Brewster's Millions last night and enjoyed it (as I do every time), so what do I know?

Choc

Banned
so considering i took a swtor to the knee, are these razer nagas the shit?

are they the win button for MMOs because having 30 key binds is kinda getting old

are they the win button for MMOs because having 30 key binds is kinda getting old
NFA Choc, go the whole hog. Worth it since you are spending hundreds of hours on the game anyway.

154552_detail.jpg
Keyboard
154553_detail.jpg
Mouse
154554_detail.jpg
Headset

Maaaybe forget the mousepad. You can get the mouse cheaper at PCCG.

But hey, I watched Brewster's Millions last night and enjoyed it (as I do every time), so what do I know?
I really like Little Nicky.

Also time to bring up my love for Milo & Otis. Is there anyone on this planet who doesn't feel moved by such a beautiful film?

Shaneus

I concur with this. But then I thought it was going to be a more action-filled crime movie and so that's what I was in the mood to watch. So I only ended up half-watching when it feels like a more that demands a different mood and attention.

Perhaps it helps going into movies without preconceptions. I did somewhat, with the only preconception I had about it was that it was awesome, not that it was going to be a specific genre or whatever. I saved that for The Expendables ;)

Now you know what it's like, perhaps try giving it another shot down the track when you're in the mood for it. Not trying to get you to like it, but being in the wrong mindset could definitely leave you with a negative impression.

Oh, and happy birthday, Syt...HolyCheck. Yeah.

Also time to bring up my love for Milo & Otis. Is there anyone on this planet who doesn't feel moved by such a beautiful film?
Until they found out how the animals were treated, I'm sure there were heaps ;)

hamchan

For $100 it doesn't seem worth it imo. That's like 7 months worth of playtime you could have spent that money on!

Choc

Banned
For $100 it doesn't seem worth it imo. That's like 7 months worth of playtime you could have spent that money on!

apparently you can script the mouse so that it will hit the interrupt thats available

so lets say you have 3 interrupts, which ever one is not on CD when you need hit the button, will trigger

seems pretty good that. Don't necessarily need to watch the CD bars as much.

hamchan

apparently you can script the mouse so that it will hit the interrupt thats available

so lets say you have 3 interrupts, which ever one is not on CD when you need hit the button, will trigger

seems pretty good that. Don't necessarily need to watch the CD bars as much.

Sounds like cheating lol.

Anyways, how much are you into the game that you need this? Are you going to hardcore PvP or raid?

Choc

Banned
i dunno

but i am fed up with watching little CD bars and going COME ON COME ON COME ON and missing interrupts because i dont see the right one that has CD'd

like you said in the official thread ham, the amount of abilities in the game is ridiculous and unmanageable

Now you know what it's like, perhaps try giving it another shot down the track when you're in the mood for it. Not trying to get you to like it, but being in the wrong mindset could definitely leave you with a negative impression.
Yeah, I do intend actually on giving it another go. All I'd read is that it was about a movie stunt driver and that was pretty much it. That immediately told my brain it had some action.

I do think you need some preconceptions about movies though, so you can get into the right mindset.

Happy Birthday Holy!

So I'm on the train into the city to go to my first day of a 3 month internship of shit pay, lots of work but lots of invaluable experience. Not gaming related so I'm putting it on the backburner for now.

On the road to a real job hooooooo

Fogz

I haven't been really listening to Triple J enough this year to know whats what. While its still my radio station of choice I've preferred listening to CDs and whatnot in the car. That Gotye bloke's surely going to win it though.

I spent my last internetless weekend returning to the 999 party. I had it left at 1.5 playthroughs for a few months, jumped in and got most of the other endings. Just starting a true ending playthrough. So good! So many twists and turns!

Internet should be back on tomorrow after nearly 2 weeks! :D

Choc

Banned
fuckin outlook

seriously

forwarded a meeting with some interesting comments to say the least 'stall tactics, dont go etc'

to internal staff. made it look like it went to fuckin everyone, but it didnt

SIGH, almost had a coronary

tumblr_l1pbzomARb1qaxyaco1_500.jpg

For Omi. One per day will die until my Categories are OCD compliant. Not sure if threats or praise works best in management, only been in this job for 6 months.

EDIT: No YouTubes at werk, will lol in the bathroom on my phone

Top Bottom