• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

jambo

Which one? To be honest, I think I've only seen the first few episodes of S2 of Archer. I think.

Archer is back =D

You should definitely watch the rest of the Season 2 and then the Season 3 three-part opener, Heart of Archness. Patrick Warburton voices a brilliant guest character.

Jintor

Either way their stock is plunnnnging and they're in a bad situation all around. I'm not a market analyst, but a casual glance at their history over the past few years seems to indicate it's primarily because they want to play above their weight range and their products just aren't good enough to compete at that level of money just yet.

They just made a rather ambiguous statement regarding their 2012 lineup and a 'no decision made regarding the MMO', but who knows what that actually all means

I'm guessing their share price goes down the toilet when the US markets open.
and then Nintendo will release a Wii HD. Except it will be by Sony and will win the motion control war for 2011. Which was then Microsoft. [/pachter]

Got dang, it is hot! High temp of the day right now at 35, very very dry heat with a hot northerly wind. Kind of like being back in the Mallee so I am coping with it fine but everyone else here is making it out as if it is the end of days. Just Global Warming doing its thing guys!

It was a good ten minutes but the ironic thing is that I could have spent them in a productive manner. Point taken though! I shall not slay any more kittens.

five set epic coming up
Huge fight back! Only day one though.

Unhappiness is an inbox full of Australia Day invites whilst living on the other side of the planet.
You can throw your own Hottest 100 party over there and easily get on the radio! Also everyone loves an excuse to drink so you will make like a thousand friends!

Guess what's back on Friday =D
I Know! Super psyched for it. Brian Cranston! Burt Reynolds! Dangerzooooooooooooooone!

Couldn't get into The League.
Hits its straps in Season 2, first episode is probably the worst in the entire show but it amps up and what started out as a horrible, lazy character was developed into probably my favourite bit prop in the history of live action comedy. A certain characters meltdown towards the end of Season 2 is pure gold, highly rewarding viewing for fans.

Either way their stock is plunnnnging and they're in a bad situation all around. I'm not a market analyst, but a casual glance at their history over the past few years seems to indicate it's primarily because they want to play above their weight range and their products just aren't good enough to compete at that level of money just yet.
They are on the ropes without a doubt. If one of the big publishers decides it wants to take on Starcraft they might look at Relic as the best shot at it, or Volition with Saints Row to get in on the open world dollar. THQ are bleeding money and rather than chase the AAA gamer with AA games they should find a lower tier money maker, maybe get into some casual games to make a continuous revenue flow which seems to only be improving for companies like Epic in Infinity Blade 2. Or take the Ubisoft Babyz approach or pickup a shitty brand that seems to be hugely popular like Moshi Monsters.

Deeku

Oh god jintor stalking me in gaming! lol

Definitely check out WAHP, they talk a lot about japanese gaming stuff that rarely gets covered. Maybe hold off on shidoshi's solo show (miranda's sweet shop) because it's just him rambling. It's still cool, but listen to wahp first and see if you like them.

Salazar

Brisbane Airport will open the first of 5287 new short-term car parks tomorrow morning, but motorists will have to pay more for the privilege of parking there.
It will cost motorists an extra $1 per hour to park in the nine-level, $180 million car park. They will pay up to $14 for the first hour and up to $16 for two hours.
By late March, when fully operational, a full car park could generate $72,800 in parking revenue in an hour for the Brisbane Airport Corporation.

Fucken rort.

so in live betting when tomic went 2 sets down and looking like he was losing the 3rd

50/1

FUCK
Hindsight is always a beautiful thing Choc. Also a chicken in the bush is worth bacon in the morning.

Fucken rort.
Fucking extortion. Hate parking at the airport. Like a law unto their own those cunts.

salazar

sydney is $21 an hour

cry me a river
They ALL suck. The value isn't there for what you pay. Only reason I will use airport parking is for tearful farewells. EXPENSIVE tearful farewells.

Choc

Banned
$14? Domestic

$24 International

i think the airtrain in brisvegas is worse

i could pull the 'at least we have a train to the airport' card. I was stuck on the westgate bridge i think it is for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages once

Tullamarine smh

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Oh god jintor stalking me in gaming! lol

Definitely check out WAHP, they talk a lot about japanese gaming stuff that rarely gets covered. Maybe hold off on shidoshi's solo show (miranda's sweet shop) because it's just him rambling. It's still cool, but listen to wahp first and see if you like them.

Running into other Ausgaffers in other threads is so awkward. I do feel like they'll think i'm stalking them :(

fucking hell club telco (or dodo) are slack. ring them last wednesday to get my adsl relocated today and i was assured it would be done early because I rang them so early. My ADSL went from ON HOLD to PENDING at 4:30pm and hasn't changed since. Fucking christ. Surely it doesn't take long to just be connected. I'm stuck using my phone's spotty 3G in the meantime.

Yagharek

Quick question for ausgaf internode users.

Anyone had use of their bundled plans? Moving house this week and looking at doing a adsl2+/phoneline bundle. ie we do still need home phone access so a plan of ~$60 per month for phone + net is faaaaaaaar cheaper than the current deal we have (internode adsl and telstra phone).

I know it works with a normal phone set, but as far as I understand its doing something slightly different isnt it, which is why they mention the disclaimer about access to emergency numbers?

$14? Domestic

$24 International

i think the airtrain in brisvegas is worse

i could pull the 'at least we have a train to the airport' card. I was stuck on the westgate bridge i think it is for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages once

Tullamarine smh

I think the ad campaign has been gone for a while now, but the Airtrain's justification for their outrageous used to be 'it's cheaper than a cab!!.' Despite the fact you could catch a cab to the Gold Coast for literally a quarter of the price.

Hits its straps in Season 2, first episode is probably the worst in the entire show but it amps up and what started out as a horrible, lazy character was developed into probably my favourite bit prop in the history of live action comedy. A certain characters meltdown towards the end of Season 2 is pure gold, highly rewarding viewing for fans.

What bit is this? I've seen it all, I'm just coming up short

What bit is this? I've seen it all, I'm just coming up short
The dude who first got screen time in the first episode of Season 2. Just moved the focus of the comedy and energy of the show to a place I didn't like. By his 3rd appearance they had dialed him into the nuances of the other crew perfectly and he found his sad little place that worked perfectly. Every time he pops up now it is a joy rather than an irritating diversion.

Shaneus

The dude who first got screen time in the first episode of Season 2. Just moved the focus of the comedy and energy of the show to a place I didn't like. By his 3rd appearance they had dialed him into the nuances of the other crew perfectly and he found his sad little place that worked perfectly. Every time he pops up now it is a joy rather than an irritating diversion.
Pete?

Shit. I have a wedding to pay for in 6 months time. Shit.

Alright no more buying videogames for me until August! This better all be worth it. As she walks down the aisle I will be thinking only of ducking away during the honeymoon to worship at the altar of EB and fondle a Vita in ways which can only be developed between a man and his hand... held.

MMTaX.gif

xLifl.png

it was hot and i didnt sleep. therefore i caught up on ausgaf.
mega post incoming in the next day if my browser doesnt die and i lose everything.

Quick question for ausgaf internode users.

Anyone had use of their bundled plans? Moving house this week and looking at doing a adsl2+/phoneline bundle. ie we do still need home phone access so a plan of ~$60 per month for phone + net is faaaaaaaar cheaper than the current deal we have (internode adsl and telstra phone).

I know it works with a normal phone set, but as far as I understand its doing something slightly different isnt it, which is why they mention the disclaimer about access to emergency numbers?

Their bundles are good, the one I'm on anyway. I mistakenly purchased the non-Agile bundle though, but it works great so no real rush to swap over.

The non-emergency phone thing you may be talking about relates to special medical equipment that uses phone lines to monitor or send alarms I believe, most likely for the seriously ill or people living alone. Emergency numbers work fine. Just check this again to be on the safe side.

16th Jan 2010 - Qantas flight delayed at singapore for 12 hours, overnight stay at 5 star hotel.

16th Jan 2012 - Qantas flight delayed at singapore for 12 hours, overnight stay at 5 star hotel.

COINCIDENCE ??!!??!!

Choc

Banned
TONY Abbott runs up $590,000 in expenses in six months, without a cent accounted for. And he isn't the only one.

time to explain fuckwit

Choc is starting to sound like the Herald Sun.

Waiting for the next rage about how junk food is ruining our kids. Or maybe the words that our teens are using.

Top Bottom