• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Rezbit

Anyone here played Star Trek Online? Saw that it's free to play now, wondering how bad it sucked. Got a massive space itch that I need to scratch right now.

Omikron

Success?

AjVf8o2CQAAoLxw.png:large

Fogz

Anyone here played Star Trek Online? Saw that it's free to play now, wondering how bad it sucked. Got a massive space itch that I need to scratch right now.

I don't like money so I got a lifetime sub.

I actually kinda liked it though! :)

jambo

Optus and QANTAS seem to have some rewards thing linked together.

From what I can gather, every dollar I spend on my Optus services will get me 6 Frequent Flyer points, which is pretty cool.

Axiom

It's a pretty good MMO. The space combat is excellent providing you go in expecting really pretty naval battles in space and not fast paced WW2 dogfights.

Just listen when people tell you the larger Cruisers turn slow, because you aren't prepared for how slow they do turn in comparison to the starter ship.

The ground combat was a terrible implementation of third person squad combat right as Mass Effect 2 came out, but now it is an okay implementation of that - for an MMO. It still isn't good, but it doesn't completely ruin the fun.

I fully plan to play it again now that it's free.

jambo

I'm debating whether or no to do this real pic January thingo...

Could be a good excuse to show off the beard.

4jMwAm.jpg

That's no shaving since early November

Rezbit

It's a pretty good MMO. The space combat is excellent providing you go in expecting really pretty naval battles in space and not fast paced WW2 dogfights.

Just listen when people tell you the larger Cruisers turn slow, because you aren't prepared for how slow they do turn in comparison to the starter ship.

The ground combat was a terrible implementation of third person squad combat right as Mass Effect 2 came out, but now it is an okay implementation of that - for an MMO. It still isn't good, but it doesn't completely ruin the fun.

I fully plan to play it again now that it's free.

Yeah, I thought it'd be slow (due to the nature of MMO). I'd love a Freelancer-style MMO but really I suppose that's just a third person shooter!

Watched a vid of the ground combat, seems a little stodgy but okay.

Alright I'm in. Would be cool if we could get a few AusGAFfers playing.

Nice beard jambo.

Agyar

Sorry, I started to organise it but then I've been offline :s

Some time in feb (maybe the weekend of the 4-5th?) at either West End or Caxton street (?). Or did you guys wanna do a board game night instead? (I unfortunately won't be able to offer up my house if that's the case)

If people want to do board games, I suggest an afternoon session at Hellenic House in West End. Because that's what I normally do anyway. Also I can bring some of my collection but I'll need to get it out of storage, where it's packed in boxes at the moment.

If drinks, Archive in West End. Or the Mana Bar, which has been alright in the past and thematically appropriate. We also had a send-off for Bernbaum at Yard Bird in the valley which was pretty cruisey on a Sunday afternoon.

Early Feb works for me, I will be busy until then.

Agyar

Random question: Where does Weinhandler rate on the scale of board games? Only curious to see if Idle Thumbs' fascination with it is random or actually worth it. If so, I might actually grab it to play at the next MelbGAF meetup or something.

Weinhandler is actually a neat little bidding game. Definitely not just for Idle Thumbs fans.

If people want to do board games, I suggest an afternoon session at Hellenic House in West End. Because that's what I normally do anyway. Also I can bring some of my collection but I'll need to get it out of storage, where it's packed in boxes at the moment.

If drinks, Archive in West End. Or the Mana Bar, which has been alright in the past and thematically appropriate. We also had a send-off for Bernbaum at Yard Bird in the valley which was pretty cruisey on a Sunday afternoon.

Nerds in the kaffenion? Oh lord.

Bernbaum

Random question: Where does Weinhandler rate on the scale of board games? Only curious to see if Idle Thumbs' fascination with it is random or actually worth it. If so, I might actually grab it to play at the next MelbGAF meetup or something.
This was the first board game I bought since getting into the genre.

It's very fun. Not just for the goofiness of the premise but also the two systems at play: bidding and cellar building. It's not complicated and not supercompetitive but I never heard anyone groan when presented with the option of a round of Weinhandler.

Can I interest you in a play-by-mail campaign of Battlestar Galactica with all the expansion sets?

Here you go

128340160283906250iiza4ktn.jpg

4jMwAm.jpg

That's no shaving since early November
You look just like a guy we fired last week at work! Small world. His hairline had receded a bit further back though. Everyone called him the Candyman. No idea why. Dude was a joker but a slow worker. Ended up pushing a lawn mower over a tenants water meter and cutting the pipe. This was after spending about 25 man hours cutting the lawn. Oh and it also wrecked the month old mower which he had already damaged twice. Fun times!

Early Feb sounds good for me too, i am up for drinks or board games. My vote would go towards Archive (which is good) but mainly because i don't know the other 2.

Early Feb sounds good for me too, i am up for drinks or board games. My vote would go towards Archive (which is good) but mainly because i don't know the other 2.

I think early Feb is out for me, a mate is getting married on the 11th, so I think there is shit that I (best man) have to attend in the lead up.

I'll have to tag along to round 2 then. My two cents are that Archive is rad and pretty chilled. The others are also an unknown to me

midonnay

its kinda annoying watching many of the top female tennis players with the volume turned off though.

if men can play best of 5 sets in relative silence.....I think they can too :/

Final part of Arkham City is actually pretty shit. Horrible ice platforming along with an all in brawl with irritating enemies which goes against most of how you play the open world Arkham City. Very disappointing way to end the game.

Otherwise I have quite enjoyed the game. The open world stuff is quite powerful at times, gliding across the entire city without your feet touching the ground and terrifying the bad guys. Also boobs.

Jintor

Ice platforming? Whatchu smokin' reptile

today I have learnt two major things

a) 20s fashion is fuckin' styling
b) I quite like The Decemberists

Salazar

today I have learnt two major things

I learned that

a) Grill'd burgers aren't infallible. Chips are. Burgers not so.
b) The way I react to party invitations from nice people indicates that my anti-social timidity is still rather strong.
c) I prefer playing football games on iPad than with a controller.

Top Bottom