• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Danoss

OK, so AusGAF DnD info...

I might listen in on this one to see what Clipper is like as a newbie GM, since he could possibly be SydGAF's resident GM. No pressure dude.

I would like to give it a try some point in the future, as it would be a new, fun experience. But I am terrified of being completely shit, which is a real possibility. I'm not really a fan of D&D, even though I do own the three basic books for it. I think I'll save them in case we need things to burn to stay warm in the future (kidding). They are likely to become redundant after the release of the recently announced "D&D Next".

I do have many other RPGs at hand that are super cool. Quite a number of them are of the indie RPG variety, which are well worth checking out if you haven't; there are many gems to be found here.

Danoss, you want aged basmati if you can find it. The linked one is the same one I have at home. Before cooking, give it a good rinse and leave to soak for 30-60 minutes, then rinse again and cook as normal (I do it in the rice cooker but your way is fine as well).

You'll end up with much nicer basmati, and the stuff linked above will result in individual grains 2cm or longer that won't stick.

I love Basmati for the reason that it doesn't stick. Plain white rice shouldn't either if it's rinsed properly, but it does like to clump up.

I doubt I could find the rice you linked in the local supermarkets, since they just seem to have their budget brand and a couple of others. Luckily I live in Wentworthville, which has become a popular suburb for Indians to live, with a number of spice shops and such. I'm sure I can find something suitable there.

I doubt I could find the rice you linked in the local supermarkets, since they just seem to have their budget brand and a couple of others. Luckily I live in Wentworthville, which has become a popular suburb for Indians to live, with a number of spice shops and such. I'm sure I can find something suitable there.
Yeah I have a ton of Indian/Sri Lankan shops in my area, so it's not hard to find. Only shitty-quality basmati is available at the supermarket but these smaller places have the good stuff. Try to get 2-year-old basmati if you can. Tastes so much nicer.

I've only tried the India Gate one so far (got a giant bag of the stuff) so can only comment on that brand (the pictured one).

Jintor

Argh, auto IP settings aren't working, tunneling through the LAN blocks gmail and youtube and shite, god damn these work networks

Jintor

So somehow CS5 got installed over the top of CS3 on my computer (without my knowledge) which sucks because CS5 runs like a dog, but the only way to open files in CS3 is to do it from within an already-running session of CS3 because opening files with 'indesign' from the auto-menu in windows links to CS5. For some reason. Who designed this shit?

jambo

When I used to participate in vines around back about 7-8 years ago, I would always put jambo down as my name, so I'd get packages for jambo in the mail.

EDIT: I just realised that none of you will know what a vine is >_>

Choc

Banned
the irony is this

if IGN posted a leaked game vid, under SOPA we could have IGN shutdown and blocked

Rupert owns IGN.....

also twitter probably wouldn't exist......

myspace would probably have a real hard time existing as well.....

the media conglomerates DONT GET IT

SOPA wouldn't be so bad IF a court had to rule on the blockage or not

Having someone be able to shut a site down because they shat teh wrong way is ridiculous

Fredescu

the media conglomerates DONT GET IT
They do get it. They don't want the internet to exist. Economies of scale is completely backwards with the internet and digital goods, and this is a threat to their old business model that is still based on physical goods. If things go on as they are, "big content" will die as middle men simply aren't needed anymore. This is their attempt to slow their decline.

Rlan

Anyone going to the Brisbane Big Day Out this weekend? Oddly finding myself the only person going that I know of. Could be a nice BrisGAF meetup if anyone else is popping up :)

Delivering the leaks.

ohkB8.gif

Fredescu

"Delivering the leaks" is a masterpiece that works on many levels. You guys are offering up crayon drawings in response. Sometimes a work deserves to not have a sequel.

Top Bottom