• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Kritz

Banned
Lovely looking sky for a LAN party...

rkOVAl.jpg

Tasmania... :(

Reposting from last page

Tsk tsk tsk

Sorry missed that. Well I currently only have a Wii, my 360 and gaming laptop were stolen just before Christmas and I'm in the process of getting them replaced.

Although PC gaming is expensive to keep up with so I'm likely to just be a console gamer.

jambo

I recently played through HL1, Ep1 and part of Ep2. Really need to go back and finish off Ep2 and then replay HL1 again.

Although PC gaming is expensive to keep up with so I'm likely to just be a console gamer.

Lies and slander. An agent of the console empire has infiltrated our lands, coming to confuse and harangue the AusGAF masses.

Sucks that your stuff got stolen though =\

jambo

So annoyed about the women's cricket. Went upstairs to watch the last couple of overs and it's on a 30 minute delay in Adelaide =\

guidop

Objectively speaking ricki lee isn't very attractive she looks like someone you'd find working at Macdonalds or hanging around at the local shopping centre part of her charm I assume. Your typical moderately atrractive suburb girl. Can we haz another female to objectify

Terri Irwin

jambo recently played, Omi about to play, midonnay not played enough, I need to play Ep 2 (and maybe Ep 1, though I think I've finished it)...

Are we talking about an 'AusGAF plays through Half Life' February? Sure starting to sound like it.

jambo recently played, Omi about to play, midonnay not played enough, I need to play Ep 2 (and maybe Ep 1, though I think I've finished it)...

Are we talking about an 'AusGAF plays through Half Life' February? Sure starting to sound like it.

i tried to play the first one one time. iv played the start up to the suit like 30 times though. i dont think ill ever want to play those games. doesnt hold up.

Chef Banana, what goes well on pizza ?

Proviso: cannot require refrigeration.
mushroom is the easy answer.

Deeku

Yeah, mushroom pizzas are great. Spice it up by using multiple types of mushrooms!

Garlic and potato pizza equally great.

Danoss

Chef Danoss, what goes well on pizza ?

Since you can't refrigerate things, it makes things interesting. I make no promises, but it should be nice.

You'll need
Pizza base with no sauce
Parmigiana sauce
Eggplant
Cherry Tomatoes
Garlic
Mozzarella cheese
Parmesan cheese
Salt
Basil (optional)

1. Grab the eggplant, remove the skin and slice it up, not too thick or thin, I'd estimate about 6-7mm. Coat these slices in salt and let them sit for about 30 mins; this will take the bitterness out of it. Once the time is up, rinse the salt off, then chop it up loosely, giving you some nice big pieces of it.
  2. Chop up the cherry tomatoes and dice some garlic.
  3. Coat the base in parmigiana sauce.
  4. Cover the now coated base in mozzarella cheese then add the eggplant, cherry tomatoes and garlic on top.
  5. Bake in the oven
  6. Garnish with grated parmesan cheese to your liking.
If you feel like something a little bit more, maybe add some basil leaves before baking.

I think something like that would turn out pretty good.

Agyar

Jamie Oliver's cheat's pizza recipe is the pizza recipe every man should know. You will make a pizza from scratch in 15 minutes (ingredients to cooked) that tastes like it came out of a wood-fired oven.

I know you don't believe me, but try this recipe. The article below has it built into a 30-minute meal (from his 30 Minute Meals recipe book) but you can easily pull the pizza parts out and follow those alone.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/f...uashed-cherries-vanilla-mascarpone-cream.html

Madrical

Banned
When I am done with skyrim, I am hitting ALL the half life's back to back.

I need to do this again. I've completed HL1 so many times it only takes a couple of hours now, too. :\ I start slowing down around Surface Tension but before that I fly through and still love every minute. Only completed the episodes once each and HL2 maybe 2-4 times so I might replay them. Actually, I'll wait for Ep3 announcement. I'll be so happy I won't not be able to play 'em!

Jintor

Either I'm plunging headfirst into another bout of temporary depression, or I just need to sleep for a bit because I only got about 3 or 4 hours this morning I guess?

Danoss

That was a pretty dog move by Tomic.

He raises his racquet to challenge (the umpire doesn't see it), which makes Dolgopolov not play the rest of the point properly. Tomic pretends he didn't chellenge and doesn't know what Dolgopolov is complaining about. Not sporting at all.

Lovely looking sky for a LAN party...

rkOVAl.jpg

Tasmania... :(

Is there a mailbox opposite that red house?

Jamie Oliver's cheat's pizza recipe is the pizza recipe every man should know. You will make a pizza from scratch in 15 minutes (ingredients to cooked) that tastes like it came out of a wood-fired oven.

I know you don't believe me, but try this recipe. The article below has it built into a 30-minute meal (from his 30 Minute Meals recipe book) but you can easily pull the pizza parts out and follow those alone.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/f...uashed-cherries-vanilla-mascarpone-cream.html

Looks awesome.

Found this link on that page though. Wow. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...toyboy-lover-make-toast-beach--hands-her.html

Danoss your skills are impressive. I have a decent recipe for Guinness stew I should type up.

Hello Ausgaf, after waiting many a year to be registered it's finally happened and thought I'd say hi from sunny Perth.
Congrats on getting in! Now the fun part starts where you worry about how far you will push your opinion onto the internet before you find yourself more comfortable letting rip. Vince and Choc are still around so feel free to loosen up and let it just flow out!

Also
We need the questionnaire that reptile always posts for the new people.
Steam ID?
360 Gamertag?
PS3 thingy?
Twitterer?
Thoughts on SOAP?
Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery?
Would you buy a Crackdown 3?
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas?
iOS gamer or Android user?
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM?
Is Warhammer 40k Space Marine a horrible Gears of War knockoff?
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies?
UGG boots. Do you speak it?
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips.
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS?
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan?
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins?
Have you picked up a copy of the highly acclaimed 3rd album by Enter Shikari called A Flash Flood Of Colour yet? Only $20 at your local JB HiFi or available with FREE postage online!
Join AusGAF real mug with mug club!
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole?
Jalapeño man?
BACON MAN?
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider?
Do you plays the Halos or Duties?

Client/server app that enables people to (in real time) schedule tasks across large distances etc as well as a massive amount of asset management type stuff.
So is that like a Microsoft Outlook clone or something? Sounds pretty straight forward.

Not before she lost the weight. Minority afterwards, sure.
Pffft! Would take her out for a nice seafood dinner AND call her the next day in before and after incarnations. I would also give her carnations.

I only played like 4 hours of half life.....1 o.o
<_>
Hopefully that black hole of development that is Black Mesa finally finishes up this year so people can play the original without worrying about the old visuals. The introduction of the Marines is still probably my favourite gameplay experience of all time. The term I think of is immersed. I fucking shat myself and it completely took me out of my comfort zone. Hugely influential moment in gaming that I hold responsible for stuff like the supernatural sequences in Uncharted where they are effectively gaming the gamer, after learning a pattern to survive for the first few hours they throw something dynamic at you that forces you to adapt. A touch of the real world where you can't just apply one formula to guarantee success.

Sorry missed that. Well I currently only have a Wii, my 360 and gaming laptop were stolen just before Christmas and I'm in the process of getting them replaced.

Ah man that sucks, seems to be a lot of people having their consoles stolen lately for some reason. Damn things are cheaper than ever! Lazy robbers.

Also PC gaming is not expensive. Upgrade every 5 years and you are set. 2500k and 560Ti combo will let you run fantastic graphics like butter for ages. Also the games are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much cheaper! Paid $28 at launch for Deus Ex 3 and Arkham City, both of which had huge positives over their console versions.

ps: haven't played an fps seriously since quake 3 arena.
Any reason for that? Is it the MP focus that you enjoyed or was it some kind of stigma generated by a title? Love my FPS as much as RPG's nowdays.

Chef Danoss, what goes well on pizza ?

MUTHATRUCKING BACON ON BACON BASE

That was a pretty dog move by Tomic.

He raises his racquet to challenge (the umpire doesn't see it), which makes Dolgopolov not play the rest of the point properly. Tomic pretends he didn't chellenge and doesn't know what Dolgopolov is complaining about. Not sporting at all.
Just makes him seem as much of a dick as everyone makes him out to be.

Danoss

Danoss your skills are impressive. I have a decent recipe for Guinness stew I should type up.

Thanks :) Though, it really is nothing. It's basically parts of eggplant parmigiana on a pizza, with some complimenting extras.

Do type up that recipe, I'd love to see it. I enjoy trying new things and different flavour combinations.

I told youse he was a knob.

I agreed, though I'm somewhat surprised he would do something so low. He's more than welcome to follow through on his father's previous threats to leave for Croatia if he thinks that sort of thing is on.

Shaneus

I could definitely think of worse places to be...
I'm catchin' what you're throwing. Australia needs more American Jewish chicks.

SABnzbd, a newsgroup provider (Astraweb in my case) and NZB provider (I use NZBMatrix) is where it's at.

Edit: Is it OK to post stuff like that?
I'd be wary.

FWIW, Astraweb and Newzbin dude over here.

Jesus fuck. I think I dropped a hundo or so on the keys from the US and maybe another $50 on the game itself. Never really used the keys (which I justified by saying it was for real music) after they decided to not give a discount for previous Queen pack owners on the key-enabled tracks. Cunts.

As Danoss mentioned in that price range you are going to get quality stuff.

However with that said, especially as this is your first "foray into hifi" I'd personally grab an old stereo amp (nad, rotel etc) and go from there. With regards to speakers its a very personal thing, and there is alot of bias when you go shopping for them. Im a fan of krix

Also when auditioning speakers see if you can get them to do blind tests, as the difference between a $500 speaker and a $2k speaker can really be quite small.

So $200ish for the amp and $600ish for a pair of bookshelf speakers you'll be set. When you start spending more then that you hit the diminishing return situation. I've auditioned high end stuff before, and I could tell the difference but I was hard pressed to

Also check out http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/ there are a lot of knowledgeable people there and the for sale section is quite good as well.

Where are you located as I will be selling some of my hifi gear in the near future?
Can you think of a decent (oldish) amp that would make for a good stereo amp *and* decode 5.1/DTS down the track? I don't give a shit about HDMI switching or whatever. I'm thinking Yamaha?
What's the verdict on these? Hmmmm.

Gah, I'm overthinking this too much :(

New Archer! Parents are here for the weekend so I had no idea!

Highly entertaining piece on picking a CPU on RPS!

Also found this highly amusing:
dgfdfgbaq0w.png

I prefer my bacon refrigerated, Reptile. Call me a pussy if you will.

As soon as I grab that gods nectar from the supermarket I can't help but put it straight in the frying pan. Also he didn't say it couldn't go in the freezer!

Come again?
Came across worse than I meant. What I meant is that everyone is free to have strong opinions as long as they don't troll. You and Choc have strong opinions that fire people up but you haven't been banned because you aren't being offensive or trolling. So there is no need to worry about expressing your opinion as long as you actually mean what you say. When I started out I was very worried about being banned so I refrained from expressing unpopular opinions for the beginning.

Danoss

One more on stereos: this? Looks like it's a JB HTIaB so I can't tell what speakers they are, but the amp seems reasonable.

Well, you know my thoughts on surround sound and their amplifiers, so I won't elaborate on that any further.

What I will say is, if you're buying that pack for the receiver, don't. The RRP on the the receiver alone is $499. You could no doubt find that cheaper elsewhere. Maybe even grab the refurb of it here for $249.

Top Bottom