• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

jambo

Mother fucker! Megaupload got shutdown and I just bought 6 months of Premium. Might see if I can use PayPal to get my $25 back!

Mother fucker! Megaupload got shutdown and I just bought 6 months of Premium. Might see if I can use PayPal to get my $25 back!
Fileserve buddy.

Also slippers are cool and all but fuck they look horrible. Those boot looking ones look cool, aside from the horribly designed logo.

Danoss

Wait, I just thought about that ugg boots thread rubbish.

Americans will wear padding whilst playing footy, but they're ashamed to wear uggies?

Edit: Shared insult with said thread. Could be a ban perhaps? If so, you guys are great. Goodbye.

Americans will wear padding whilst playing footy, but they're ashamed to wear uggies?
Since they've existed in the US Ugg boots have only been worn by females. Makes sense guys wouldn't want to wear them.

Here everyone wears them so it's not a big deal.

Guys in Scotland wear dresses*, yet you don't see many guys here doing the same.

jambo

A few trance sites that I use post MegaUpload links for their podcast and live set downloads and it's not that expensive.

Danoss

Since they've existed in the US Ugg boots have only been worn by females. Makes sense guys wouldn't want to wear them.

Here everyone wears them so it's not a big deal.

Guys in Scotland wear dresses*, yet you don't see many guys here doing the same.

I think the problem is that they do it wrong.

We wear uggies around the house. They think they're a fashion item to be worn out and about.

Same with kilts, I believe they are worn only on special occasions, even the men don't wear them to the shops or to a restaurant.

A few trance sites that I use post MegaUpload links for their podcast and live set downloads and it's not that expensive.

I used to use hotfile jambo until they stopped uploading to them.
Trying to get latest ASOT atm infact and only server is filesonic >_<
And work net has killed the download, crap, knew i should have bought tablet in today.

I think the problem is that they do it wrong.

We wear uggies around the house. They think they're a fashion item to be worn out and about.

Same with kilts, I believe they are worn only on special occasions, even the men don't wear them to the shops or to a restaurant.
I wouldn't say 'wrong'. A company has managed to make them a fashionable and desirable item. I say good on them even if I think they look horrible.

Omikron

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

shit hit the fan at work today, it is like windows pushed out an update that fucked our application over and the number of helpdesk requests and issues is making me sad.

Danoss

Oh hey, they're not pretty at all. They're sheepskin turned inside out in the shape of a boot for warmth and comfort. I don't think they were designed to be worn well outside the house for anyone.

jambo

It's pretty funny, I'm probably one of the only MU Premium users that doesn't use his account for illegal downloads.

And work net has killed the download, crap, knew i should have bought tablet in today.

I normally record ASOT and GDJB myself because I have DI.FM premium through Internode, but I wasn't home last night.

Downloading ASOT at 50 KB/s right now -__-

It's pretty funny, I'm probably one of the only MU Premium users that doesn't use his account for illegal downloads.

I normally record ASOT and GDJB myself because I have DI.FM premium through Internode, but I wasn't home last night.

Downloading ASOT at 50 KB/s right now -__-

I also have premium and listen to vocal trance all the time, been out of sync a bit lately without my own net etc.

TabletGAF - Can anyone help me with video streaming..... I have tried XBMC setup but it seems like it won't stream to the tablet only control the pc's xbmc.

I found and paid for the VLC one which has worked a grand total of 2 times and the rest of the time can't find my pc.

So, any other suggestions? also any suggestions of cool apps/programs/games for tablets in general?

THANK YOU!

jambo

TabletGAF - Can anyone help me with video streaming..... I have tried XBMC setup but it seems like it won't stream to the tablet only control the pc's xbmc.

I found and paid for the VLC one which has worked a grand total of 2 times and the rest of the time can't find my pc.

So, any other suggestions? also any suggestions of cool apps/programs/games for tablets in general?

Is GoodPlayer available for your tablet?

Runs great on my iPad, both watching files on the device and streaming.

midonnay

if all you did was get podcasts...... you shouldn't have paid for premium... :O

MU is pretty lax for free users ...especially with Jdownloader.

jambo

if all you did was get podcasts...... you shouldn't have paid for premium... :O

MU is pretty lax for free users ...especially with Jdownloader.

Yeah but I hate when you can only download 1 file at a time. Plus not full speed.

And then one site would have a special day with like 18 hours of new mixes and without Premium it would take forever to pull down.

Do you have a DLNA server setup at home? If so, there's apps on pretty much every platform (Android, WebOS, iPad) that works with DLNA streaming over a network.

midonnay

Yeah but I hate when you can only download 1 file at a time. Plus not full speed.

And then one site would have a special day with like 18 hours of new mixes and without Premium it would take forever to pull down.

I use a site called alldebrid...... where you can get links from multiple hosting sites.

am only an occasional downloader of tv shows so its impossible to keep up with the new filelockers popping up every 6 months.

I wouldn't recommend it to hardcore users though..... its finicky to use and sometimes unreliable.....but really cheap. (9 euro per 3 months)

Do you have a DLNA server setup at home? If so, there's apps on pretty much every platform (Android, WebOS, iPad) that works with DLNA streaming over a network.

I have no idea what language you are speaking cod. Is it a relatively easy process? I will google it if so and give it a go on the weekend.

I use a site called alldebrid...... where you can get links from multiple hosting sites.

am only an occasional downloader of tv shows so its impossible to keep up with the new filelockers popping up every 6 months.

I wouldn't recommend it to hardcore users though..... its finicky to use and sometimes unreliable.....but really cheap. (9 euro per 3 months)

eztv? or even btn if anyone can send invites.

I have no idea what language you are speaking cod. Is it a relatively easy process? I will google it if so and give it a go on the weekend.
Where/what OS are you streaming your stuff from currently?

eztv? or even btn if anyone can send invites.
SABnzbd, a newsgroup provider (Astraweb in my case) and NZB provider (I use NZBMatrix) is where it's at.

Edit: Is it OK to post stuff like that?

Where/what OS are you streaming your stuff from currently?

SABnzbd, a newsgroup provider (Astraweb in my case) and NZB provider (I use NZBMatrix) is where it's at.

Oh, just looked it up, i have used Tversity before, a long time ago, also have used PS3 media server but that was temperamental to say the least.

Streaming from main PC windows 7

so i would really like one that will stream to my galaxy tab really and potentially a setup that would link to xbmc or something.

currently my lounge room laptop is always on and i just play things through vlc to the tv.

Streaming from main PC windows 7
IIRC Windows 7 will make your media available via DLNA if it is setup properly. Googling 'windows 7 setup dlna sharing' shows up a heap of results. I know my desktop shows up via my A/V receiver or any other DLNA client.

Using XBMC is easy, you just need to tell it where you movies, TV and music are (e.g. what the path to the shared file is). Once you've done that, if you use library mode (and you really should), it'll just catalogue the whole lot. However XBMC itself won't stream out the content.

If anyone's not on the list it's because they're either not in the first post of this thread or they've asked to not be on the list.

If you want to be on the list post or PM your Twitter handle and I'll update the Twitter list, Vook will need to update the first post.

Edit: Actually I figured your deets out anyway. Added.

Filesonic started removing links with any potential copywriter infringement about a month ago so I made the switch to fileserve. Damn soap.

Stackboy

If anyone's not on the list it's because they're either not in the first post of this thread or they've asked to not be on the list.

If you want to be on the list post or PM your Twitter handle and I'll update the Twitter list, Vook will need to update the first post.

Edit: Actually I figured your deets out anyway. Added.

Thanks, I now feel validated!

hamchan

OMG LEON S KENNEDY IS BACK! I FUCKING LOVE THAT GUY.

Also WTF @ Megaupload being shut down. Best file sharing site since the captcha recognition for jdownloader only seemed to work with Megaupload for me.

Choc

Banned
if we ever needed more proof that tony shoots before he thinks

Opposition Leader Tony Abbott has dropped a verbal lead balloon during a morning radio exchange regarding the Costa Concordia disaster, saying: "Well, that was one boat that did get stopped.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/abbo...ks-judgment-20120120-1q9cp.html#ixzz1jxd1HbD2

Future PM material? I think not. Making political points out of tragedy? seems to be his way.

The US government dropped a nuclear bomb on "cyberlocker" site Megaupload today, seizing its domain names, grabbing $50 million in assets, and getting New Zealand police to arrest four of the site's key employees

hang on. How can the US government do this OUTSIDE US jurisdiction.......

Treaty with NZ i guess, but still wtf

jambo

Opposition Leader Tony Abbott has dropped a verbal lead balloon during a morning radio exchange regarding the Costa Concordia disaster, saying: "Well, that was one boat that did get stopped."

YoC6Q.jpg

And a lot of MU servers were hosted in the US, with another large chunk somewhere in Europe.

Choc

Banned
For years, the site has claimed to take down unauthorized content when notified by rightsholders. It has registered a DMCA agent with the US government. It has created an “abuse tool” and given rightsholders access. It has negotiated with companies like Universal Music Group about licensing content.

seems like tehy did all they could to an extent, this is a major test case now

jambo

They didn't do "all they could."

There are emails where they openly discuss the illegal files found on MU, and even link them to each other so that they can get whatever movie or album they found on their servers.

Top Bottom