• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Stackboy

Very psyched. Snowboarding is one of my favourite video game genres. SSX3 was amazing, and still hasn't been bettered to this day (Amped 3 was very good though). The thing I really liked about SSX3 was that when you unlocked all mountains you could do all of the peaks in one run, and if my memory serves me correctly it went for about 50 minutes (edit: looking at videos it was considerably shorter than that, but maybe I just took my time as I preferred tricks over racing). It's a shame the new SSX doesn't have this feature but it looks great all the same.

I was sure I heard last year there was going to be a PC version but now all I can find are references to PS3/360 which isn't a deal breaker but I would have much preferred to have it on PC (1080/60, loads of AA etc). Hopefully a few people from AusGAF get it (I will probably go with the 360 version) for score/time chasing, as I believe it's using the same system as NFS used for highscore tracking.

I loved doing the entire peak run in SSX. Gamespot had some good footage yesterday of one of the devs playing and he was daaaaaamn good. IGN should have sme full peak runs up today. I don't mind how they've split all the different peaks up. Game is looking good.

I would double up for a PC version. Think I'll go get my pre-order today.

I loved doing the entire peak run in SSX. Gamespot had some good footage yesterday of one of the devs playing and he was daaaaaamn good. IGN should have sme full peak runs up today. I don't mind how they've split all the different peaks up. Game is looking good.

I would double up for a PC version. Think I'll go get my pre-order today.

Yeah looks great so far after some trepidation after the SSX Grit reveal. Didn't notice this nugget of information though so now it looks like a PS3 pickup.
wiki said:
The PlayStation 3 version of this game is set to come with Mt. Fuji and more exclusive content on its release in 2012

Choc

Banned
people are such dickheads

on the courier mail site people are like THIS RAIN MEANS THERE IS NO GLOBAL WARMING

NO CARBON Tax

well, warming does not necessarily = WARM WEATHER

FUCK ME PEOPLE ARE SO DUMB

Choc

Banned
salazar

CMC crime probe into UQ scandal
UQ Vice Chancellor Paul Greenfield

9:27AM Des Houghton CMC launches major criminal investigation into university nepotism scandal that claimed the scalps of two of Australia's leading academics.

on the courier mail site people are like THIS RAIN MEANS THERE IS NO GLOBAL WARMING
Calling it 'global warming' was the dumbest thing they could've done. It's far too late for 'climate change' to catch on now...
(damn, Megadrive-d)

Oh dear, there's an Open Universities ad on GAF for a Bachelor of Arts (?) in ... Counter Terrorism... And the text asks if I love watching Border Security, and has pictures of clueless airport security agent drones. Sounds like a great career!
Here it is

Salazar

salazar

CMC crime probe into UQ scandal
UQ Vice Chancellor Paul Greenfield

9:27AM Des Houghton CMC launches major criminal investigation into university nepotism scandal that claimed the scalps of two of Australia's leading academics.

YESSSSSSSSSSSS

Burn those motherfuckers.

Fogz

alright peeps

Feb 8th and 9th im in Melbourne

Feb 11th-13th im in Brisvegas

on a vita world tour

In town on business so if you want to meet up and shiz, then lets do something

You aren't coming here to show vita to the zebras!? :(

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
We totally need to get Grill'd for lunch on saturday if it does actually happen.

Kritz, You figured out where you're actually staying? Suburb name and all that?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Wait, you're suggesting going to Grill'd when Beer Deluxe has a burger bar?!

I know they have a burger but they don't have that small drink bottle for $6!!

;)

We also don't have to go to a bar / pub as kritz doesn't care if there's drinking or not. But it's probably easier to actually hit up a pub. If fappen turns up we just have to keep him off the booze.

I know they have a burger but they don't have that small drink bottle for $6!!
It's OK, I just realised there's no Grill'd in Tasmania so might be a reasonable place for a foreigner to try. The closest to Beer Deluxe would be the one in Degraves St (if it's still there?) which isn't the worst place to go anyway. There's always a Nandos right across the road (if that's still there) from Beer Deluxe too.

Of course I'd recommend everyone goes to Movida Next Door... it's probably not really suitable for a meetup though.

Oh yeah there has to be drinking -- gotta try Melbourne's awesome craft beer scene!

Hi board game AusGAF! Isn't she pretty?

LhpnN.jpg

Where was the raised glass gif for Clarke's double?

CricketGAF in the OT sorry. Have one ready to go for Pontings and was planning on doing a double raise for the both of them here!

Ponting has been really unlucky being stuck before milestones at lunch this series.

Choc, when you come up, can you bring us some Vita games because all we have is Michael Jackson and its terrible kthxbye
BREACHING THE SANCTITY OF THE NDA BUDDY!

What to do on Australia Day if it's raining
Sit inside watching the Cricket while sinking a slab of beers by yourself while your partner cleans around you and your son stands to the side holding his bike helmet wistfully wishing that things could be different.

What is that gif from anyway-

I was going to ask this yesterday but thought it might be from something hip and then I would by default not be hip by not knowing what it was from.

super jelly

Surprisingly this is a Christmas gift from my Mum of all people.
I may or may not have told her exactly what to get for me

Edit: I just realised I didn't actually give it as a gift idea. Mum FTW

Muglh.gif
Punter! 200! What a comeback series, will keep him in the papers for the best reasons now.

Both him and Clarke have locked in the 4-0 white wash and we should now overtake India in the test standings.

Kritz

Banned
We totally need to get Grill'd for lunch on saturday if it does actually happen.

Kritz, You figured out where you're actually staying? Suburb name and all that?

Koonyong.

Went to St Kilda to look around and buy lunch. Couldn't find any Chinese takeouts. Ate McDonald's because I'm a bad person.

Lots of duplicate shops. Three sweet shops, more ice cream ones... Lots of bullshit.

Trams are strange and alien to me.

Agyar

Koonyong.

Went to St Kilda to look around and buy lunch. Couldn't find any Chinese takeouts. Ate McDonald's because I'm a bad person.

Lots of duplicate shops. Three sweet shops, more ice cream ones... Lots of bullshit.

Trams are strange and alien to me.

McDonald's? You failed at St Kilda.

Koonyong.

Don't you mean Kooyong? Although I had no idea where that was either.

What is the main strip in St. Kilda? I remember handing out along there and having a mini pub crawl in the afternoon with a mate and a handful of comics I grab from a great place there. Also lots of hot female people.

It's from a Canadian whiskey ad about being sexist.
Thank you good sire!

Muglh.gif

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The man has already confirmed he hates food, Even though he is overweight. It's a modern mystery.

So what do you want to do on Saturday then kritz and what time were you thinking?

Did you want to hit up just a bar / pub or go somewhere in particular for lunch then stroll down for drinks?

Rezbit

Yeah if you like wheat beer it's nice. Worth a try for that price. Not sure what I will drink for Aussie day by a pool tomorrow. Definitely something easy to drink and refreshing.

Top Bottom