• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Choc

Banned
we have another aussie in the prem omi

Rhys Williams went to Fulham

his brother almost went to Bolton but 6 mill offer was rejected by his champ club

Omikron

we have another aussie in the prem omi

Rhys Williams went to Fulham

his brother almost went to Bolton but 6 mill offer was rejected by his champ club

His younger brother? Christ.

The one that went to Fulham was Ryan. Rhys still at Boro.

Choc

Banned
this t20 is finishing 12am it looks like

trains will get you back to Strathfield people there, but good luck after that

ive been stuck in Olympic park at midnight on a week night and getting past strathfield is a nightmare

because all the trains stop at 12 on every line

Curse my terrible memory, I had JUST looked at the .psd on my desktop yesterday too. Really should move that somewhere.

I can't picture you ever getting depressed. Only angry or asleep.

n8rPJ.jpg

I read everything Choc puts on here in the voice of Hunter S Thompson. Just crazed madness at 150kmph flying in every direction.

Axiom

Between Vook and the great work going on at Kotaku AU I've been rather positive about the scene - at least in terms of quality. It's a shame to hear it's getting tougher.

I wonder whatever happened to the folks at NMS and The Zone?

Assassin's Creed has always been one of those franchises I 'planned to get to' someday, but now I've played through the full game trial of Assassin's Creed II I don't think I want to play it at all.

Does it need more than an hour?

Assassin's Creed has always been one of those franchises I 'planned to get to' someday, but now I've played through the full game trial of Assassin's Creed II I don't think I want to play it at all.

Eh, if it's not for you, it's not for you. I'm a big fan of the series, mostly because the first dared to be different. The good news is you can probably find it pretty cheap so if you did want to give it a longer go it's hardly a big gamble.

hamchan

Between Vook and the great work going on at Kotaku AU I've been rather positive about the scene - at least in terms of quality. It's a shame to hear it's getting tougher.

Isn't the first hour of AC2 still the tutorial and menial tasks for Ezio's family? I think it definitely needs more time than that.

AS2 is a slow burn title as you progressively get more and more abilities and gadgets. The story is pretty awesome too.

I would recommend picking it up if you liked the atmosphere at all. You can get it for under $20 very easily. Actually I have a 360 copy you could have if you want.

Jintor

AS2 is a slow burn title as you progressively get more and more abilities and gadgets. The story is pretty awesome too.

I would recommend picking it up if you liked the atmosphere at all. You can get it for under $20 very easily. Actually I have a 360 copy you could have if you want.

Hah!

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.

You'd be suprised, a lot of the guys from the old magazine days are still floating around in one capacity or another in the gaming industry.

Some are at magazines still, some online, some doing game development or PR even.

remz

The story sure is something, ahahahah. dunno about it being awesome though ;D

Still really like the game despite the plot though. AC2 was one of my biggest surprises when I played it, had a lot of fun with it.

Also:
I read everything Choc puts on here in the voice of Hunter S Thompson. Just crazed madness at 150kmph flying in every direction.
Choc posts just became 1000% more awesome

hamchan

The story in AC is definitely awesome if you don't take it too seriously and just go along with it. Especially the end of AC2 and AC2-2:Bro, they were "Omgwtfbbq amazing!" moments (haven't played Revelations yet).

Jintor

Catching up on yesterday's Daily Show. Their view of the Republican debates was to put the footage of the debate and intercut it with footage from Mortal Kombat. Awesome.

AC's story is terrible, but I still like the characters.

India lost the plot in the cricket. Once they lost that second wicket they were gone mentally.

RE: AS2

I find it to be awesome fun. Not sure the problem. Thought the story of Ezio was awesome. Modern day stuff is too wishy washy though. A full on modern day title would be great but I can't see them pulling it off, same with Thi4f.

Not looking to sip macchiatos and say "Quite" while scaling buildings, stabbing faces and taking down an entire army with disgustingly brutal counter attacks one at a time. Just doesn't go well with the gameplay if it tried to take a serious angle for the story.

Hard not to recognise it as a step up from a lot of the big games we got last generation if you are not taking into account the genre.

EDIT: Had no idea GAME owned gameplay.co.uk which I know a few people have used in the past. Sucks if the Australian one goes down too, had some great deals recently.

Catching up on yesterday's Daily Show. Their view of the Republican debates was to put the footage of the debate and intercut it with footage from Mortal Kombat. Awesome.

AC's story is terrible, but I still like the characters.

Yesterday's was a good episode. The transition between Daily to Colbert was fantastic. I'm also of the growing opinion that John Oliver should be the next to get his own show. He's by far the best of the corespondents and probably the best they've had since Colbert/Carrell.

Choc

Banned
is it just me or is kate cebrano on the larger side of being a host of a weight loss show

im not saying she should be a contestant BUT, she is fairly curvy

Axiom

I'll borrow a copy of AC2 and give it a proper go then.

If I have never seen Star Trek: The Next Generation, should I watch it?

Start with Season 3, by the end of it you will know if Star Trek is your thing. There are decent episodes from the first two seasons, but 3 was where the show really found its footing.

remz

is it just me or is kate cebrano on the larger side of being a host of a weight loss show

im not saying she should be a contestant BUT, she is fairly curvy

funfact: an older guy I know used to date her/she used to be obsessed with him in high school... so whenever I see her now i think of that, hahahh

hamchan

Start with Season 3, by the end of it you will know if Star Trek is your thing. There are decent episodes from the first two seasons, but 3 was where the show really found its footing.

Cool. So no important backstory necessary from the first two seasons? All I really know is they're a bunch of dudes in space and that it's 100 years after Kirk and Spock's time.

Danoss

This t20 stuff is not all that exiting

I enjoyed it. I hadn't been to a cricket match since like '94 or '95.

A rough idea of the view I had. The wide focal length makes it seem further than it was. Plus the sky looked awesome at this point.

mHp77.jpg

The initial smoke from the fireworks during changeover.

i6e5O.jpg

Look at all the beach balls this prick confiscated.

oFtL1.jpg

Cool. So no important backstory necessary from the first two seasons? All I really know is they're a bunch of dudes in space and that it's 100 years after Kirk and Spock's time.

realistically, the only season 1 and 2 eps that really seem to be necessary

Encounter at Farpoint (setup)
Skin of Evil (ordinary but it explains Yar's exit)
Conspiracy (just too good even if it never gets mentioned again)
Measure of a Man (good Data set up)
Q Who (Borg)
Emmisary (Worf stuff)

everything else is either slight, a lame retread of something from the original series, dull or just plain bad. They really got together in season 3.

I will still be getting the box sets on blu-ray though. (Even though I had them on VHS and still have the DVD's)

SNSD going on Letterman
Just watched it. Their music is no worse than half of the other pop dreck being pumped out of the US music machine, but that's not saying a lot. There's no way they were singing live, and their dancing was sub par, they didn't seem to be particularly into the whole thing, they looked tired (fair enough too, they were probably knackered) and there wasn't enough room for them to do their thing.

That said, I wouldn't begrudge anyone for liking them. The music was inoffensive, and really the only thing cringe-worthy for me was the dancing.

Any sydney hotel recommendations? Preferably in the city.
I've only ever stayed in Sydney twice -- once at the YWCA and once at the Shangri-la. I'm sure you can guess which I'd recommend... IMO your best bet is to check tripadvisor.com, I've rarely been lead astray since using that site.

Salazar

Just watched it. Their music is no worse than half of the other pop dreck being pumped out of the US music machine, but that's not saying a lot. There's no way they were singing live, and their dancing was sub par, they didn't seem to be particularly into the whole thing, they looked tired (fair enough too, they were probably knackered) and there wasn't enough room for them to do their thing.

Yeah, that was kind of a big deal.

Opera fucked up mobile on Android with the latest update. Screwed up scrolling with corrupted graphics, the menu bar not becoming fully visible when pressing menu after being hidden. It's scary how much it's unusable now.

And I'm using mini and it doesn't render pages properly, but that's a given. Opera give me back your awesome mobile browser. Dolphin sucks.

Stackboy: Mt friend played in the preview event tourny they held. He's been playing sc5 since last week. He seems to like it.

legend166

So this whole Optus/AFL/NRL case seems like a big deal.

Can't wait for Optus to chuck a fit next year when every other mobile company offers streaming of the Australian Open.

Gazunta

Marriott.

Fallbackpants, you expect newspapers to still be around long enough to go into a career working at one?

I sent in my printing order for the comics i'll be selling at Supanova in April, and this morning got my confirmation email that the books are now on their way...to a mailing address I stopped using a year ago, even though I gave them my new address with my order.

Awesome, that's a giant box of comics I spent a fortune on completely gone. Fucking great work.

Top Bottom