• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Axiom

Is there another avatar theme for February?

realistically, the only season 1 and 2 eps that really seem to be necessary

Encounter at Farpoint (setup)
Skin of Evil (ordinary but it explains Yar's exit)
Conspiracy (just too good even if it never gets mentioned again)
Measure of a Man (good Data set up)
Q Who (Borg)
Emmisary (Worf stuff)

everything else is either slight, a lame retread of something from the original series, dull or just plain bad. They really got together in season 3.

I will still be getting the box sets on blu-ray though. (Even though I had them on VHS and still have the DVD's)

I think a lot of what is set-up in the first two seasons are better summed up without actually being forced to sit through Encounter at Farpoint or Skin of Evil. Q is a god like entity who likes to fuck with people, Tasha Yar was somebody.

Trek (Deep Space 9 aside) is a lot like Doctor Who in which the vast majority of it is stand-alone in story.

If I were to put together a highlight reel, I'd definitely include Measure and Q Who however. I think together they showcase two different sides of the things Star Trek did so well. Measure especially is just something nobody else ever does.

midonnay

australia is not ready for women leaders

carmen lawrence, joan kirner, anna bligh, julia gillard.... edit: kristina keanelly

they don't last long.

Why do you think Abbott is always playing up the manliness angle.

Omikron

carmen lawrence, joan kirner, anna bligh, julia gillard....

they don't last long.

2icpT.png

Jintor

I think I might go into this one completely fresh without looking up anything more about it. All I saw was the reveal trailer at TGS 2010 and I think I'll just keep it that way for now.

Yagharek

carmen lawrence, joan kirner, anna bligh, julia gillard.... edit: kristina keanelly

they don't last long.

That said, Quentin Bryce has more dignity than every politician in living memory.

Choc

Banned

they don't last long.

Keneally was a good premier with a bad team and bad history and the party was gone before she got in so she was always stuffed

Also, Midonnay i never knew you were so sexist.

So i guess teh head of westpac being a woman is wrong as well?

Fredescu

Using Keneally is cheating, but I think you're misinterpreting his point Choc. Not that I agree with it, but he's saying that female leaders haven't enamoured themselves with the voters. Nothing to do with his views personally. A CEO of a private company is obviously completely irrelevant.

midonnay

I said Australia -,-

but yeah, the common theme with australian female political leaders

they're never won their position through a ground swell of public support....usually handed a poisoned chalice when the shit is hitting the fan.

we've never had a female bob hawke

Choc

Banned
I said Australia -,-

but yeah, the common theme with australian female political leaders

they're never won their position through a ground swell of public support....usually handed a poisoned chalice when the shit is hitting the fan.

we've never had a female bob hawke

Westpac is an Australian company :p

Else i'm sure someone would have pulled the Thatcher

Thatcher said we will never take the Euro currency, and look what a smart decision that was!

English people should be loving her (instead of loathing her) now, she may have saved their economy with that decision.

Fredescu

Westpac is an Australian company :p

Else i'm sure someone would have pulled the Thatcher

Thatcher said we will never take the Euro currency, and look what a smart decision that was!

English people should be loving her (instead of loathing her) now, she may have saved their economy with that decision.
"For some moments in life, there are no words" - Willy Fucking Wonka

I dont vote for personality but I kinda do.?

so I think I don't want to play games. Id rather spend my money on lego.
On that note I got a cool little one for 7 bucks. There were others that were like 20 and seemed like they had nothing in it. I really do miss 10 years ago when you buy 3 packs for $8 and they were decent things with cool minifigs

Rezbit

If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it.

I love Willy Wonka.

But not the Depp version.

In gaming related news I've been playing Chronicles of Riddick on PC. It's kinda clunky and no amount of AA seems to smooth the jaggies...but I like Vin Diesel's voice. It also feels kinda beefy.

Fredescu

Not a speck of light is showing
so the danger must be growing
Are the fires of hell glowing?
Is the grisley reaper mowing?

Yes, the danger must be growing
For the rowers keep on rowing
AND THEY'RE CERTAINLY NOT SHOWING
ANY SIGNS THAT THEY ARE SLOWING

*goosebumps*

Not a speck of light is showing
so the danger must be growing
Are the fires of hell glowing?
Is the grisley reaper mowing?

Yes, the danger must be growing
For the rowers keep on rowing
AND THEY'RE CERTAINLY NOT SHOWING
ANY SIGNS THAT THEY ARE SLOWING

*goosebumps*

That scene made me really uneasy when I was a kid.

Hey guys, sorry for the question but does anyone know if I have to give 28 days notice to vacate my current house I'm renting? My lease ran out in December and I haven't signed anything regarding a new lease, do I still have to give the 28 days? In Vic.

Hey guys, sorry for the question but does anyone know if I have to give 28 days notice to vacate my current house I'm renting? My lease ran out in December and I haven't signed anything regarding a new lease, do I still have to give the 28 days? In Vic.

Umm the agents should send you a renewal/exit forms 28 days prior to your lease ending.

If you are planning to leave now but you are currently continuing to pay rent i believe i might only be 2 weeks notice. but i could be wrong. best to let them know asap. they will be happier

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe I just bought a Circle Pad Pro and Revelations.

Agyar

Got my Aeropress today.

bJKfD.png

MAN, THIS THING MAKES REALLY GOOD BLACK COFFEE.

Look up the inverted Aeropress method, I find it better with some coffees if you want more body than the standard Aeropress method gives you.

I usually drink mine as an Americano (Aeropress "shot", hot water and a splash of milk).

We only had to give them two weeks. I dunno if that's indicative of all landlords however.

Thanks guys. They said when my lease ran out that they'd write me up a new one, but they haven't gotten around to it apparently and I've since found a better house.

anyone bother to download syndicate?

its on live and pee ess enn (although not au obviously)

I did. Quite enjoyed it - even if the melee is a bit weird. Still, didn't notice any of what got it RC'd, but I suppose the majority of that might be in the single player campaign.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
So Spy Mouse and Scribblenauts Remix just updated with 'Valentines Day' themes. Oh fuck off already.

Jintor

So Azura's Wrath is pretty crazy stuff.

Talked to a localisation dude and the producer. They were pretty sweet. God, I wish I knew more Japanese.

Top Bottom