• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Feel free to tell me where my typos are in my post. I too am tired.

How is the bub reptile? doing ok?
Just poking fun. :)
Little dude went straight to sleep after changing him and medicating him up. Trying to avoid Panadol/Nurofen while he is sick unless he is really pulling at the gums, just in case.

Pfft, Like that's gonna stop me! Will just get it gifted.

Probably a good thing, the console ports were horrible unfortunately.
Ah I meant the original was banned here. I thought the Risen port was mean to be better than Gothic 4, damn. That was the main reason I picked it up as I was tossing up between them. And then didn't play Risen anyway. Hmm.

Too right man! I agree on the tobacco mixes, the grinder helps mix it up nicely too. I know some people consider it heresy, but I think it does aid in a more even and consistent burn. You don't need a lot, 20% would be about right, just enough to spread the heat properly. Any more than the required amount and it does get quite harsh, besides being pointless.
All depends on the quality of the ingredient. If you got the good stuff there was no need for mix, it would burn perfectly. If it was a bit dry or rough a tiny amount of tobacco was okay but we eventually started to hate the taste of tobacco in with it. Any more than 20% and most of us would refuse it.

Yagharek

Also Bushido Blade was great, punishing, fun back in the day. Not sure it would fly in the A IS AWESOME generation though. Actually it wouldn't at all. An indie spiritual sequel on Steam could do really well though if it integrates community features well enough for that scene to get behind it.

Its a great game that needs a comeback. Just like classic Tenchu. Something incredibly authentic about those games, even if they were a bit low-fi. My dream sword fighting game right now would be a wiimote+ samurai battle in undulating terrain, bamboo stands and limbs that take contextual damage. Heavy penalties for rash swinging, and rewards for parries that work akin to Jodo. Essentially Bushido Blade, then.

fwiw, I find it incredibly ironic the A FOR AWESOME generation is the same group that mocked the GC controller win button.

Echoplx

Liar :p

If cookie managed to use it without info, anyone can! :p

Heh, it's a bit ugly but seems to work fine, wish I had this BEFORE I organised my 300 games :(

Ah I meant the original was banned here. I thought the Risen port was mean to be better than Gothic 4, damn. That was the main reason I picked it up as I was tossing up between them. And then didn't play Risen anyway. Hmm.

Oh, right! >.> It probably is better than the Gothic port but that isn't really saying much. May as well wait for the superior sequel now.

Darklord

Banned
So people kept telling me to cut my hair because it doesn't look that good being longer(they also said it makes me looks like a young James May...is that good or bad?). So I finally bend and say fine, I guess people are right, I'll cut it. So now people are telling me don't get cut it looks good. This is why I hate other peoples opinions!

Omikron

lol PSN+ has free Sonic Adventure DX upgrade. Not sure if I want to drop $7 for Adventure though. It won't hold up as well as I remember.

fwiw, I find it incredibly ironic the A FOR AWESOME generation is the same group that mocked the GC controller win button.
I loved the Gamecube controller, just reaks of Japanese design, looks so cool. The 360 controller on the other hand is incredibly effective but joyless. The joy comes from having fantastic control over a game but that GC controller just fills me with glee when I pick it up. So silly and so fun.

So people kept telling me to cut my hair because it doesn't look that good being longer(they also said it makes me looks like a young James May...is that good or bad?). So I finally bend and say fine, I guess people are right, I'll cut it. So now people are telling me don't get cut it looks good. This is why I hate other peoples opinions!
People like to have opinions. Best to go with what you like and take in a little of the opinions given to you by your closest confidants as they would likely know what you would be happiest with. Baldness has meant that it is always a shave for me though :(
ENJOY YOUR HAIR WHILE YOU CAN !! :(

Echoplx

It's US only though, so unless you want to fiddle around with a proxy/VPN you can't get it here

reptilescorpio
Bringer of False Hope
(Today, 09:23 PM)

Got the Starhawk and Twisted Metal betas to play this weekend. Soooo much great PS3 gaming to be had soon.

It's US only though, so unless you want to fiddle around with a proxy/VPN you can't get it here
There is at least one AusGAF friendly gifter who can help out.

1. He can just make a quick, new GMG account.
2. Buy the game
3. Email you the login details
4. Login and copy pasta cd key into Steam
5. Success

(also Paypal them the money, eventually)

remz

Soup Calibur V is a big letdown. Thought they might have learnt a lesson after including shitty unbalanced overpowered boss fights after that star wars cunt. Turns out they didn't learn anything.

Back to the superior first two soul calibur games, yet again. 3, 4 and 5 are poo.

It would be nice if someone made a good fighting game for a change. The last one was VF5.

It would be even better to see a new Bushido Blade.

Damn really? I was excepting the single player to have POS overpowered bosses (fighting game tradition!) but I was really hoping the multiplayer/core fighting engine would at least be good. Sad to hear you didn't like it so much. Any thoguhts on the engine? or you just despised the whole thing? ahah.

A new bushido blade would be freaking awesome. Would be such a refreshing game amongst all the SF/BB/MVC combo madness going on lately. Needs to be done!!

and I suppose if all else fails there's still the VF5:FS arcade release right? that's gonna be good.

Space Marine on PC for $12 from GMG
Space Marine is totally worth 12 dollars. Maybe even 15!

edit: I'd pay 20 even vvv

Yagharek

I'm not a devoted fighting game fan, but there are games I can always go back to and be good at. Soul calibur 1,2, Tekken, VF. But sc4 and V feel off. I don't know why or how to describe it, but jumping in to play it feels off.

hamchan

I'm not a devoted fighting game fan, but there are games I can always go back to and be good at. Soul calibur 1,2, Tekken, VF. But sc4 and V feel off. I don't know why or how to describe it, but jumping in to play it feels off.

They do feel like very soulless games yes.

remz

Damnit. People were implying here on gaf that it recaptured that SC1/2 magic... but hearing it's like 4 in that respect sucks. I might wait for a pricedrop then.

They do feel like very soulless games yes.
My soul still burns damnit. :(

I know you guys with your girlfriends and wives and babies and families and stuff will laugh at me, but tonight i was super nervous about messaging a girl and i did it anyway and everything is turning out aces
Go get em jintor !!!!

REFUSED CLASSIFICATION SUPER SALE LISTING (NOTE: NOT REALLY A SALE, JUST EVERY DAY FANTASTIC LOW, LOW LOGS PRICES!!!?!)

Syndicate on PS3/360 for $59
Mortal Kombat Komplete on PS3/360 for $37

Note that there is a minor chance that customs opens your package and a minor chance you could get a fine, never actually heard of it happening though. Every LOGS order usually says media disc on the package which makes it unlikely to be opened. I will take down the listings though if people have a problem with linking to stuff that isn't classified in Australia.

I know you guys with your girlfriends and wives and babies and families and stuff will laugh at me, but tonight i was super nervous about messaging a girl and i did it anyway and everything is turning out aces
No way, that feeling is the best in the world. The first tiny steps of a possible relationship are a rollercoaster, like having PTSD or something. Go from insane amounts of worrying to intense joy over and over again through a string of text messages in a 20 minute period.
You will savour it more down the track. Especially if things go well.

Echoplx

ibcZfbIJSFAx8Q.png

Choc

Banned

we've all been there dude :) all of us, well, all the males :)

hamchan

So according to people in the official thread, the netcode for Soul Calibur 5 is amazing. Maybe I'll buy it just for the online multiplayer.

So far I'm buying beans, and I grind only as much as will fit in my little espresso thing for my machines. So in that area, I'm good.

I don't, however, roast the beans myself. So I'm not getting the freshest experience. But I don't think that matters so much relative to grinding and the preparation of the coffee directly prior to pouring.
buy a 20 dollar spinny air popped popcorn popper and use that to roast beans. make sure its one that spins around though as you need that centrifugal force

The idea of a subscription to a coffee thing seems really, really foreign to me. But then again, this is coming from someone who'll probably be subscribing to play an online driving game. To each there own, I guess.

that exists?

Cooking Mama sequel?
NICE.
xMgt5.gif

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Ghost trick is why I dislike handheld games, ok that might be a little over the top. Tutorials in handheld games are why I hate handheld games and ghost trick is just my example. That's better.

I guess I'm too old now and have played too many games to give a shit about a stupid long ass over the top conversational tutorial. My guy is hip and cool and I don't give a fuck. The lamp is trying to be smart and I dont give a fuck. Just shut up and let me manipulate shit!

I wish there was the option in most games to simply skip over tutorials and then you are left with a small guide as an option on the start screen that you can look at if you get stuck. I want a tutorial that is short and sweet, straight to the point.

Opera mini browser seems nice on iPad although it doesn't seem to draw the secondapps screen correctly.

Omikron

Man, Fridays are pretty great. Awesome day outside, coffee on the train and now just helped get a woman out of a lift that was stuck between floors.

:)

I am a snob in this regard and believe supermarket teabags are evil (T2 is pretty crap also, mainly because they're overpriced).
Tea snobs unite! I've brought home tea from China, San Francisco and Japan, and have so much I can't possibly get through it all in a timely fashion. Bi luo chun, gunpowder and silver tip are my teas of choice. Got one called Dragon Wall (or Well, or something) from San Francisco, really good stuff. Haven't seen it here. Drink silver tip mainly when I don't want something so strong.

I use a cup that looks pretty much like this one, though the handle on mine is plainer:
purple_clay_cup.jpg

We have a Sunbeam EM0480 grinder (same as the one in your pic), it's a fantastic grinder.
I was going to buy the Breville Smart Grinder which, by all accounts, is the best you can get before spending $1000+, but the Sunbeam one was thrown in for free when we bought the EM6910. The EM6910 was $800 and for some reason we got it for $550, and it was with gift vouchers anyway. Not sure how we could've got a better deal really!

Also roasting beans in an air popcorn machine is a great idea. Going to give that one a try for sure!

So I can't work out how to get links of twitter posts anymore. But this was pretty funny:

@Obfusc8
Wow, some practical joker has created an entire parody version of The Age as if controlled by Rinehart, they have called it "The Australian"

And that's rad Jint, it's the best feeling when you're doing well. And then immediately followed up by worry and dread that somethings gone wrong. Good luck dude

Stackboy

I was considering buying soul calibur 5 today... dunno tho

Heaps get it. Plays a bit different to previous titles, but is fun and worthwhile.

I just want a Yung Sung character back, or for the devs to come out and say the next sequel will borrow plenty from Soul Calibur 2.

Top Bottom