• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Choc

Banned
AmQIzYGCIAAmzAB.png

What's wrong with the Labor party is neatly summed up by the fact that the nominally left PM is supported by the dominant right faction and the Left faction is mostly supporting the nominally right previous PM.

As someone who was intimately involved in the Labor party, it's just sad.

Anyway I'm more interested in ME3 too.

Dead Man

IT'S JUST A JUMP TO THE LEFT........ AND THEN A JUMP TO THE RIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

LETS DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN

Political commentators saying that a Liberal spill would be inevitable at some point if Rudd wins because Tony will lose significant popularity

They said Rudd and Turnbull are the leaders the electorate want, and i think they are right.

Turnbull scares me, he could wipe the floor with any Labor candidate. He is so uncrazy about things he could win it. I just do not want Lib government again for a while.

Omikron

In more important gaming news, I now have Huntelaar and Tevez playing for WHU in Football Manager 8)

Tevez (free) Huntelaar (2.1m) signings. :D

Dead Man

DON'T READ MY SPOILERS HOLYCHECK. TOTALLY SPOILING KIND OF STUFF IN THERE FOR A GAME YOU DON'T WANT SPOILED.

LOL at Day One DLC for Mass Effect 3. Last time they did it for new owners of the game and one companion and a big chunk of content was locked out for pre-owned buyers but now they have done the same thing for people who don't buy the fuck-off-expensive edition. So people who buy the regular game day one don't get a companion. 800 points to play all the content on day one. Nice work arseholes! Next will be Mass Effect 4 with a companion locked out unless you buy Medal of Honor 2.

Fuck you EA.

Wow. That is pretty dickish.

Just in case Holycheck knows where I live.

Card Boy

Banned
Wayne Swan statement:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/...flQhFy2QPjAadS73Sdn9JU/preview?pli=1&sle=true

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/polit...f-rudd-swan-20120222-1to9i.html#ixzz1n6VQnwhf

lol. Harsh but fair. Rudd is gonna get to play the victim card quite handily though. Bad move, really.

With all due to respect to Mr Swann but I don't think he should be talking about loyalty & self interests when he himself was part of the hit squad that got rid of Rudd in th first place.

Omikron

Mediocrity playing for Mediocrity

of course its perfect

4 seasons in, smashed the champ first, 9th,9th,8th and qualified for Europa League, on the improve ;) Youngest squad in the league by a mile, despite Tevez/Huntelaar. I actually survived a club takeover, didn't think I would, they were making waves for Holloway!

oipic

Ha, Turnbull, really!? No doubting the man is an intelligent and articulate political animal, but where he sorely falls down is in relating to the common man, the great unwashed. He doesn't get 'em, nor do they understand or trust him. Besides, he's pompous and smarmy.

Not saying Abbott, or Rudd for what it's worth, are much better, of course. Both parties are really spoilt for shitty choices at the moment, or potential options just aren't ready yet.

Know for a fact Hockey is being quietly groomed for leadership by many Liberal heavy-hitters behind the scenes...but it's at least a few years too soon. Plus, Joe, get that sweating under control - women just won't vote for that, big man.

I hope Rudd does get back in, at least so Labor reinstates the Asian literacy program Gillard scraped. If he doesn't I really don't know who to vote for. Both major parties are depressingly shallow. Might give the Day light savings in SE QLD party a go :p Not gonna hear any he said she said, refugees are a really big problem, race to the bottom bullshit with them.

Looking forward to the QLD election (gonna be my first!). Cambell Newman's running in my electorate, so the power is in my hands and stuff... The Labor candidate is ridiculously popular and well liked though, so I've got my bets down that the LNP wins but Cambell doesn't.

They're so deranged they probably see Pyne as a prospect.

That man's face wilts flowers.

Yoshiya

I should probably enrol to vote lest the sky fall in and I'm needed on the front lines to fend off an Abbott prime ministership.

The Gap :D

Postal voting seems the better option but I still don't know who to vote for...

So I was going to talk a little about Mass Effect 3 'cos I just got back from an event, but it looks as though politics is the flash topic for the day. I just want you all to know we did everything in our power to make the ugliest Shepherd possible.

I would be down for this. No reason why we can't multitask :p

Darklord

Banned
How do I make itunes songs have the right genre and artist information? When I put them on my phone it all says "unknown" and won't let me change it. :|

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
How do I make itunes songs have the right genre and artist information? When I put them on my phone it all says "unknown" and won't let me change it. :|

Is there anything in the id3 tag in iTunes for each song?

Borderlands 2 looks nice. I love that stylized clean art style. I'm sick of companies trying to do realistic graphics. It always looks like ass.

commissar

In iTunes right click on a song and select "get info". You can change details there.
Also works with multiple songs selected for batch edits on genres or album names etc.

and a Happy Birthday Choc :]

Borderlands. Felt like Medicorelands. Not sure why.
Loved the art style, before it got repetitive. Liked the combat, before it got repetitive. Loved teh loot, before it got repetitive (and mostly useless).

Probably because I played the vast majority of my 20 hours of the game by myself. The 5 or so hours with a mate in split screen was without a doubt more enjoyable, helped put a spark of energy into the game that is missing when you are wandering around, grinding mobs and levels by yourself.

The tweaked art style looks awesome and the change ups to the classes could be fun. Will probably pick up on the cheap for $20 or wait for the inevitable GOTY edition again.
I bought the first game at launch then picked up the GOTY edition and never even touched the DLC.

On Xbox 360 mind you.

I played Borderlands on 360 only in co-op with a mate. I imagine it would be pretty dull in single player; the additional challenge from extra players, and the teamwork involved (not that it was needed a lot of the time) elevated it.

Also: Apparently Galaxy SII gets ICS updates OTA beginning March.

I would be down for some games talk in ausgaf. I find politics vulgar. Australian politics is fucking vulgar. I've had a gutful. This country's stuffed. Best country in the world
03851-3.jpg

Mass Effect 3- Hells yes.

Just finished a replay of ME1, but don't think I will have time to do ME2 next since I've heading OS in 10 days. However, I'm watching Chuck S3 and for obvious reasons I have an urge to play ME2 again anyway.

midonnay

kevin rudd going to announce something before gillard?

ps: Rudd is pitching to shanshan it seems.......big thing about asian literacy.

Top Bottom