• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

It doesn't need to be beachy, I just thought getting away from here would be nice. I wouldn't mind going to south korea but I don't intend on doing that until i know some basic language and a passport!
South Koreans in big cities generally speak English well enough for you to get by with no problems. However there are better places IMO to travel (or at least better than Seoul, I found it pretty dull).

Doing it alone you could possibly go on a package tour which is easy if you've never been away before. I suppose it really depends what you want: relaxing, exciting, booze.

Kritz

Banned
fuck, this thread got closed!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=464199

was gon make me fifty dollars with this masterpiece:

0vLiC.png

I might jump in, then when I complete it (ahahahahahahahahahahahaha) I could probably lend it to you or something. If it's only $69 here at retail, imported it should be even cheaper.
$50 at LOGS so not too much cheaper. The Limited Edition is only $57 though.

Palm Bungalos in hamilton island as a holiday idea for a few nights? Sit on the balacony, side the pool, reading some books?
That is pretty much how I want to spend my honeymoon at the end of July. Just want to chill out, read some books, play some Vita, stay drunk the entire time and enjoy my wife at the time.

If you still want beachy, you could check out Phuket or Bali. Lots of young Aussies in both places, plenty of places to go out and get drunk, so it wouldn't be as big a deal if you're alone... But neither really idea for only a few minutes.
Bit wary about going to Bali, what is Phuket like? Someone here told me about Club Med having a big sale but I haven't had a good look yet.

My mum can speak abit of thai, malay, mandarin, cantonese, hokkien, english.

<---- only can speak english and hokkien :(
I fucking love hokkien noodles.

happy bday choc and vince!

anyone know how the prices vita games on psn compare to retail?
Bit of an idea from this OzBargain post. Will always be cheaper in the US PSN, especially if you grab those US$50 PSN cards from Best Buy for AUD$47.

Having basic language skills might make picking up hot koreans easier though!
But then you might say something stupid! Just say gibberish in English with a sexy roll of the tone and they will be all over you. Mate of mine went to SKorea to help teach English after his Commerce degree (lol) and ended up getting engaged after coming back to Australia having a long distance relationship. Helps that he is of SKoreans heritage but was adopted here in Australia, can't speak a word of Korean to save his life though. When he came back he wanted to start a FIFA gaming cafe in Melbourne. Could have been cool.

Bit wary about going to Bali, what is Phuket like? Someone here told me about Club Med having a big sale but I haven't had a good look yet.
I haven't been to either and I frankly don't think either are my sort of scene. Though I have spent a layover in Bangkok which was totally awesome, definitely want to go back to Thailand... just not Phuket for more than a day or two.

Launches a survey on Steam, so do it on your gaming PC.
I can't do it on my work laptop, which has Steam installed?

... wait, I don't care about CS.

Kritz

Banned
I can't wait until uni starts again. I really want to start making another bad game. I started doing some work in java this week, make a little sprite-based side scrolling thing. But I realised that with uni so close, I'd be better off focusing all my efforts into making a game that actually gets graded.

I don't actually know how much of the game production course will be about actually making the game. Whatever it is. I also don't know what language we'll be using. I really want to move away from Flash, even if AS3 is probably my best language. Would love to learn C#, which really doesn't look like that much of a leap from Java and my tiny bit of knowledge of C++.

Also,

13YpU.png

Good to know Google doesn't support English.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Just a relaxing location for a holiday is what I need, Which is why I thought of places like hamilton island.

Good chance I will just take a week off and sit at home doing nothing D:

I also don't want to go on holiday since it's a forever alone situation, Although I did enjoy my time up in NSW being on my own. If i was rocking a 6 pack then hell yea, bring on the beach and ladies.

Although fat white people do love hawaii, Maybe i will hit that up and have a forgetting sarah marshell experience. I think I could do theatre!

Salacious Crumb

I think the internet (well Bigpond at least) just exploded. Net went down for about 30mins for no reason, looking at the Whirlpool forums it seems like loads of people experiencing outages.

Shaneus

I think the internet (well Bigpond at least) just exploded. Net went down for about 30mins for no reason, looking at the Whirlpool forums it seems like loads of people experiencing outages.

My whole WORK'S network has shit itself. I can't access our datacentre servers at all and all our sites are calling up the help desk complaining. Armageddon, motherfuckers.

I will vote for the winner of a QWOP race between Omi and reptile. The kids might be out of school by the time you're done.

Also I have wished neither choc or vince a happy birthday, so: Happy birthday choc and vince!

Jintor

My whole WORK'S network has shit itself. I can't access our datacentre servers at all and all our sites are calling up the help desk complaining. Armageddon, motherfuckers.

I was unable to access my site for about 30 minutes but then it all came back up so I dunno. Was still able to do other things though.

Salacious Crumb

I spoke directly to a 'backbone engineer' who told me that Dodo were the cause of this outage by upsetting the backbone route table after injecting some routes into the network.

It's confirmed that Dodo caused the outage lol.

New journalism! Woo! Will check at home after work.

Done, although I haven't gotten a confirmation email yet...
Thanks dude! Milo meowed very contently at that news. I have shoved him out the door to do with his life as he wishes.

Don't vote for rep's kid! Vote for mine, mine, mine! :p
Too slow slowpoke! Shouldn't have blown your load so early!

13YpU.png

Good to know Google doesn't support English.
I assume it is because they want you to pick the correct region dialect.

Although fat white people do love hawaii, Maybe i will hit that up and have a forgetting sarah marshell experience. I think I could do theatre!
Which dead IP will you bring back to life? How about Zork! A futuristic take on Zork could be a great revival. Do it Evl!

Telstra had a massive outage. Nice that we are a big enough company that as soon as I said, "what the fuck just happened to my stuff?" I got a call letting me know. EDIT: For real it was Dodo? Strange that a Telstra dude called me up. Even stranger is that he didn't take the opportunity to put the boot into Dodo. Took the opportunity to run down to a game store and get Halo cleaned, and then buffed, but alas. It simply does not like the sea air down here. Will chuck in the mail to you Choc if you PM your address to see if you have more luck with it, can't see much scratching and neither could the video store dude.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Damn. Looking at flights to and from hamilton island, That's fucking nuts.

Only jetstar fly direct, going by the random date I picked. Flying back requires a stop at sydney or another location depending on flight. That's one long ass trip. It would cost just under 600 to and from the location, Plus 1k+ for accommodation. I guess it would total up to around 2k for a 4 night stay up there?

Fuck that shit. I'm keeping my money.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
What's the best price to performance ratio video card readily available nowadays?

I want to get my PC running again, but as of right now it has a fairly dated 9800GTX in it (for 1680x1050 gaming) and a (still decent?) Q6600 quad-core. Oh, and the power supply is blown, so I'll need a new one of those.

And my case is shit, stuff overheats.

Oh god.

I really miss Steam, though.

It would cost just under 600 to and from the location, Plus 1k+ for accommodation. I guess it would total up to around 2k for a 4 night stay up there?.
Yep. Travelling is expensive. Still worth it.

The alternative is for you to take a ~$1000 flight to Vietnam or Cambodia or Thailand and stay in places that charge $5 a night (was still possible in Cambodia a few years back, though the wife and I splurged at $20 a night).

But for four days it's pretty costly.

Dead Man

Howdy Ausgaf, I just wanted to give a quick shout out on behalf of the new team at Rocket Chainsaw (www.rocketchainsaw.com.au). Our beloved mod EatChildren is an editor and writer and I have just published the site's very first review.

Please take a gander at the review and let me know what you think:

http://www.rocketchainsaw.com.au/review/kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning-review/

Good review. I have only played the demo, but that is pretty much in line with how I felt too.

Choc

Banned

i'd say that the packet loss finally got bad enough for it to shit itself.(it progressively got worse the last few days)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
What's the best price to performance ratio video card readily available nowadays?

I want to get my PC running again, but as of right now it has a fairly dated 9800GTX in it (for 1680x1050 gaming) and a (still decent?) Q6600 quad-core. Oh, and the power supply is blown, so I'll need a new one of those.

And my case is shit, stuff overheats.

Oh god.

I really miss Steam, though.

First rule of thumb when asking for PC advice.

What's your budget young man?!

Then it can get all sorts of crazy. Depending on a larger budget you could just build a brand new PC, With that new PC smell.

If your machine is overheating then you probably need another fan or two thrown inside the case.

Deeku

On my way back from lunch, I saw this guy walking around wearing huge headphones and carrying some mp3 player with a bulky ass amp strapped to it. lol audiophiles!

Also, is anyone else getting Last Story? Tell me if I should buy it because I have no clue what the game is apart from being a jrpg.

Top Bottom