• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

*itsmybirthday.gif*
Fuck, its mine too!
The splinter in your fingertip, you guys are. Congrats on making it through another year together!

Also: Apparently Galaxy SII gets ICS updates OTA beginning March.
Wonder when Optus will let me get my hands on it. I am a lazy lazy man.

Yep considering by 2027 we are all going to be speaking Mandarin anyway.
Yup. Kinda annoyed that I spent all that time learning useless German. Aside from that time I met a German backpacker. Yum.

I look forward to our Chinese overlords and I will be the first in line for the coal mine to power their giant robots.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So total biscuit is going to boycott ME3, I wonder if any of his followers will join in. I can't imagine it would make any impact though.

But the day 1 XYZ is why i hate gaming, it's also why i won't be buying it anytime soon, if at all. I may as well just watch the ending on youtube to see how poorly it ends.

So total biscuit is going to boycott ME3, I wonder if any of his followers will join in. I can't imagine it would make any impact though.

But the day 1 XYZ is why i hate gaming, it's also why i won't be buying it anytime soon, if at all. I may as well just watch the ending on youtube to see how poorly it ends.

Planning on replaying ME 1 & 2 this year and then picking up ME 3 once the GOTY edition hits or if there isn't going to be one, pick it up for $20 and grab the DLC on sale. Plenty of great games I am looking forward to this year that I know I will be happy with, not long now until The Witcher 2 hits the 360! BUY THE DARK EDITION YOU BASTARDS!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So the last story is coming to PC/Steam and it seems like it's somewhat of an important or big title for the Wii? Is it actually any good? It seems to have gotten decent reviews going by the OT thread.

Maybe another title I need to keep my eye on this year.

Card Boy

Banned

The Mass Effect series has cost me $10 ($5 each) from Steam sales. I will wait till i can get Mass Effect 3 for the same price, i'm in no rush and i got a backlog that will last me years.

Whats his reason for boycotting? He seemed very happy with the Mass Effect 3 demo and was praising it saying you never see demos like that anymore (content wise)

Is it the FOV thing?

So the last story is coming to PC/Steam and it seems like it's somewhat of an important or big title for the Wii?

I think you're mixing two bits of news together:

1) XSEED were recently added to the Steam Registry
2) XSEED are publishing The Last Story in North America

The Last Story isn't going to be on anything but Wii.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious

XSEED is bringing titles to steam and I thought that was the first one. I could totally be wrong though. For some reason I just thought it was the last story, I may have been half asleep.
^ Yea, Box of bunnies confirms i've gone crazy. Nothing new there.

I'm not too sure what TB hates about ME3 now, I believe it's the fact there's day 1 DLC. He has a 25 minute video up on his youtube page that I haven't viewed yet since i'm at work.

jambo

Whats his reason for boycotting? He seemed very happy with the Mass Effect 3 demo and was praising it saying you never see demos like that anymore (content wise)

Is it the FOV thing?

Day 1 DLC that includes
exclusive squad members.

Stackboy

Borderlands. Felt like Medicorelands. Not sure why.
Loved the art style, before it got repetitive. Liked the combat, before it got repetitive. Loved teh loot, before it got repetitive (and mostly useless).

Probably because I played the vast majority of my 20 hours of the game by myself. The 5 or so hours with a mate in split screen was without a doubt more enjoyable, helped put a spark of energy into the game that is missing when you are wandering around, grinding mobs and levels by yourself.

The tweaked art style looks awesome and the change ups to the classes could be fun. Will probably pick up on the cheap for $20 or wait for the inevitable GOTY edition again.
I bought the first game at launch then picked up the GOTY edition and never even touched the DLC.

On Xbox 360 mind you.

The original Borderlands is without a doubt my favourite game of this generation. It appeals to all the aspects of gaming I love. Open world, guns a blazing stupity with a storyline that barely holds it together, in the best way possible.

I started to play it on PC with friends at first, but it became a fight to get the best guns in the game, so I ventured out on my own. Fast forward to a year ago and I found the GOTY addition at EB for $20 on 360. Picked it up and played through the entire campaign by myself and loved the single player atmosphere.

Will probably pick it up again and play new game + just before the release of Borderlands 2.

Anyone else playing the SSX demo? Really digging it. The speed has really been kicked up a notch and the challenge is back again. You can't just rely on your skills from the previous games.

oipic

Happy Birthdays Choc and Vince!

Interesting to hear the Verge guys deem the Vita, or any new mobile gaming device I guess, somewhat redundant in a day where we already have a phone in our pocket or a tablet that doubles as an able enough alternative for most. Nice bit of hardware, for sure...but I tend to agree - particularly at the cost.

Anyone else playing the SSX demo? Really digging it. The speed has really been kicked up a notch and the challenge is back again. You can't just rely on your skills from the previous games.
Was originally thinking of going in cold but I'll grab the demo and practise up over the weekend so when I get the game it is pure fun from the start rather than spend the first 2 hours coming to grips with the controls. Looking forward to using the skate. style flick stick for tricks.

Rezbit

Day 1 DLC that includes
exclusive squad members.

CHECK DON'T LOOK!

It is pretty damn disgusting. I just find the whole thing incredibly cynical toward their customers, like they are kicking back thinking "LOL these dumb arse gamers will buy ANYTHING!" I honestly feel bad about buying it. But I lack discipline :(

haven't played borderlands but goddamn it had great music.

[I actually ment to have a quote here but my phone messed up and i cant get it back =/]

It's become so superficial I can't stand it. I'm so bored of listening to the same old unimportant arguments. And sometimes both parties have terrible options.

Asian literacy though, I care about that. Julie Bishop is pretty keen on making it a compulsory subject, but what really needs to happen is better teachers, more in-depth learning(more than counting etc) and taking advantage of primary school years when the brain is like a sponge. Anyway. :p

Happy birthday guys!

an able enough alternative for most.

that's the issue though isn't it. i've been trying to enjoy games on my phone but i just can't find anything that's satisfying for me. It's like having this great computer in my pocket but no joystick and nothing but so-so shareware to run on it.

jambo

=D

nyN7tl.jpg

Lego space shuttle GET

I really enjoyed that build

jdYsgl.jpg

Choc

Banned
This really is insane

born the same day

Vince is a newcastle support. I support sunderland (arch rivals in the premier league)

:|

seperated at birth?

Shaneus

Fuuuuuck, I want that Voltransformer thingy. Where from?

Reptile: No spruiking of Binary Domain yet? Seems like it's right up your alley, given Vanquish (which I STILL haven't finished :( ).

Reptile: No spruiking of Binary Domain yet? Seems like it's right up your alley, given Vanquish (which I STILL haven't finished :( ).

Comes out today but I have a policy of not buying games until after my wedding is paid for at the moment (aside from The Witcher 2 360 which I am TECHNICALLY repurchasing and the KickStarter stuff which I am spending the money more on the non-game related stuff).

Loved the Yakuza games so no surprise that BD is awesome. Jun Toshino is keeping an eye on it just like he did with Vanquish so I expected it to hit all the right Eastern Developers aiming for Western Audiences points. He also produced on Resonance of Fate which I loved the western influences threaded throughout that game.

Interesting to hear the Verge guys deem the Vita, or any new mobile gaming device I guess, somewhat redundant in a day where we already have a phone in our pocket or a tablet that doubles as an able enough alternative for most.

The thing is, a lot of the people that're going to be satisfied purely by smartphone gaming aren't really the sort that were going to invest heavily in a dedicated gaming system anyway. A smartphone game isn't a replacement for a 3DS or Vita, it's a replacement for Snake and whatever else people were playing on their phones previously. There's just more and better choices.

I think there's a lot of great stuff on iOS/Android when it's designed to be specifically touch-focused or not input intensive, but none of it replaces an actual system for me. A lot of the types of games I love really need buttons (for example, the Giana Sisters relaunch from a couple of years ago is a pretty easy, low-intensity platformer so I figured it might work okay with virtual controls and bought it on my phone. I died more times in the first world than I did in my entire time with the DS version), and I'd rather save my phone battery for phone stuff.

Shaneus

Comes out today but I have a policy of not buying games until after my wedding is paid for at the moment (aside from The Witcher 2 360 which I am TECHNICALLY repurchasing and the KickStarter stuff which I am spending the money more on the non-game related stuff).

Loved the Yakuza games so no surprise that BD is awesome. Jun Toshino is keeping an eye on it just like he did with Vanquish so I expected it to hit all the right Eastern Developers aiming for Western Audiences points. He also produced on Resonance of Fate which I loved the western influences threaded throughout that game.
Only out today? I was just meandering around JB yesterday and saw it just sitting there, figured it had been out for a while.

I might jump in, then when I complete it (ahahahahahahahahahahahaha) I could probably lend it to you or something. If it's only $69 here at retail, imported it should be even cheaper.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Palm Bungalos in hamilton island as a holiday idea for a few nights? Sit on the balacony, side the pool, reading some books?

I dunno. Going on a holiday on my own feels so forever alone. I would love to get away though and just do nothing. Escape all the technology and random bullshit and just kick back and relax. Get a massage here and there, perv on chicks and pretend like i know how to pick up in a bar. Ok the bar probably won't happen since it will be too frightening.

Deeku

Asian literacy though, I care about that. Julie Bishop is pretty keen on making it a compulsory subject, but what really needs to happen is better teachers, more in-depth learning(more than counting etc) and taking advantage of primary school years when the brain is like a sponge. Anyway. :p
Yeah I'd agree with that.

Somewhat related, Italian was compulsory from year 3-6 at my school (or maybe it was 1-3 and then language break from 4-6, memory is foggy).

Year 7 and 8 was French and Latin compulsory. Then 9 onwards we got to choose, yay! I dropped French and did Japanese.

Palm Bungalos in hamilton island as a holiday idea for a few nights? Sit on the balacony, side the pool, reading some books?
For a holiday on your own, possibly not.

If you still want beachy, you could check out Phuket or Bali. Lots of young Aussies in both places, plenty of places to go out and get drunk, so it wouldn't be as big a deal if you're alone... But neither really idea for only a few minutes.

midonnay

and taking advantage of primary school years when the brain is like a sponge. Anyway. :p

so true that....many kids in Malaysia have to learn 3 plus languages.

My mum can speak abit of thai, malay, mandarin, cantonese, hokkien, english.

<---- only can speak english and hokkien :(

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
For a holiday on your own, possibly not.

If you still want beachy, you could check out Phuket or Bali. Lots of young Aussies in both places, plenty of places to go out and get drunk, so it wouldn't be as big a deal if you're alone... But neither really idea for only a few minutes.

Meh. Bali is such the bogan go to area and I really don't want that. Phuket sorta feels similar. I'm not the one to mingle either, Being on my own is more how I would want to travel and relax.

It doesn't need to be beachy, I just thought getting away from here would be nice. I wouldn't mind going to south korea but I don't intend on doing that until i know some basic language and a passport!

Top Bottom