• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Fredescu

:(

I havent even been complaining.

Just this page!

Edit: goddamnit, just last page.

This sites popups and facebook toolbar is hurting my computer and eyes.

I'll take delays over non-functioning bug-ridden pre-alphas pieces of shit.

Australia has a higher proportion of gamers with bad taste though.

Keep fighting the bad fight.

The OWS threads are the perfect place to start building an ignore list. Manos the hand of fate is a dumb-dumb on the level of cpp is king.

Multiquote is fun.

A hex upon your mobile phone.

Only I'm home on the PC. Had monday off.
KuGsj.gif

Danoss

I feel like this might be a bad life decision, but I just ordered a Thermaltake Meka G1 keyboard.

http://i.imgur.com/fJ4VT.jpg[IMG]

My G15 is getting a bit worn out, and I hear those mechanical keyboards are what all the uncool kids use.

Was actually gonna get myself a DAS Ultimate, but I wanted the media keys of the Thermaltake. Maybe for my 2012 computer build (if I get the money) I'll get one:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vAqxz.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I own the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate version (as my room is quite dark, the non-Ultimate is sans-backlighting) and it's fantastic. Once you own a mechanical keyboard, you won't go back.

Aside from the lack of backlighting, the only real difference between this and the Thermaltake is the Razer has blue cherries, so have aren't as efficient for gaming (you have to allow a key to return before pressing it again, otherwise it won't register), and is somewhat louder. Of course the Razer has macro keys down the side, which I don't actually use.

Here's the Ultimate.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dTywc.jpg

I'm sure you'll enjoy your purchase a lot. The Filco keyboards are also quite nice and are a similar price to the Das Keyboard range.

Edit: You can also buy different versions of the awesome buckling spring IBM Model M Keyboard from the current rights holder. Website here. Just stay away from the "Enhanced Quiet Touch" as it's just the shitty rubber dome keyboard that you find everywhere.

Yagharek

Skyrim coming out at a time when I've got no time for videogames and then actually turning out to be really good kinda sucks. I've told myself I'm not going to buy it until I've finished Deus Ex:HR which I pre ordered and haven't even started.

Yes, it certainly reflects on your maturity level as an adult.

Damnit markot.

It's annoying, because I like the content at times. I just wish it acted a bit more like an Inbox, so I can tell what I haven't read and go back months if I want, and maybe ignore stuff in my videogames or politics folder for a while. I don't know if there are clients that do that. I tried a couple of different ones that didn't really do anything for me.

Seems like such a long time ago that the dollar was at $0.87.

I hope everyone bitching about "games journalism lol" reads Gamasutra every day.

Relentless negativity! :p

Rezbit

Okay now I'm going to complain. But it's about myself :(

I have a cold. I was hoping it was only hay fever but I chomped down some fexofenadine and it hasn't done anything. Can't stop sneezing! Ffffuuuuu *snot sprays over monitor*

Danoss

what makes that keyboard better than a 19 buck POS? >_>

Mechanical keyboards are far superior, in every way. The reason the cheap rubber dome keyboards exist is because originally the IBM Model M KB was considered far too expensive.

There is a great guide on mechanical keyboards here.

Yagharek

Oh and speaking of complaints:

1. Anyone know why Stargate Universe S2 isnt out on bluray? Seems like its not happening anywhere which makes me sad.

2. Who has PES 2011 or 12 on Wii and wants to test out either one online? I have the 2011 one for now and would love to test out whether or not I'm picking up any competency in the game at all.

3. Why the bloody hell havent we got Game & Watch Collection 2 locally yet?!

4. Castlevania Rebirth on Wii looks good. Is it?

Rahk

what makes that keyboard better than a 19 buck POS? >_>

That $19 keyboard is like trying to play handball with a tennis ball that has split open.

Mechanical keyboard is like playing handball with a freshly purchased tennis ball (or a fucking downball or whatever you South Australian people use).

Kritz

Banned
Hrm, just realised my phone's ear speaker doesn't work. Can only hear incomming calls if I use the loud speaker, or use earphones. It doesn't think earphones are in because I can hear all other sounds normally.

Haven't dropped it recently so don't know why it's died. Might have to take it down to applecare at some point. Only a year in to the two year contract so don't really an option to buy a new phone yet.

EDIT: Oh, and more interestingly, the phone call I received that I couldn't hear was for a (group) job interview on Thursday. So much for no shave November.

remz

That $19 keyboard is like trying to play handball with a tennis ball that has split open.

Mechanical keyboard is like playing handball with a freshly purchased tennis ball (or a fucking downball or whatever you South Australian people use).
And it's so fucking good. Love my das keyboard. Glorious clicky typey godliness.

My brain hurts just looking at that. Urrrrk

Gazunta

Ha my days of making OT threads for games are long over.

What a great start for KMM Games Brisbane I can't wait to see their next--

--oh yeah, that's right.

:/

Top Bottom