• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Gazunta

PLANT-MAN WALK!
plant-man-head-colour.gif

Shaneus

PLANT-MAN WALK!
plant-man-head-colour.gif
I thought they were characters with pot plants on their head, and not pot plants for heads? I may be wrong, though.

When everything else in the world seems wrong, Nik Kershaw feels right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqXMXpyAkE

Can't we all just enjoy the Kersh in peace?
When everything else in the world is wrong, chances are it's not much longer until YT access gets blocked at work. Kudos for your taste in 80s pop, though!

Gazunta

Plant-Man wears a pot plant on his head, but he cuts out a bit for his eyes.

Cartoonist pro-tip: Don't draw characters you designed when you were 13, because they make no fucking sense whatsoever.

OK POSITIVE TALK TIME. Vooks did you have fun in Sydney? Was it worth the trip? You probably wish you were asleep right now, don't you. Soothing, restful slumber. I bet you wish you were curled up in bed with nothing to do but close your eyes and catch up on your rest.

Oh well!

The new Hyper and PC Powerplay magazines are out! I have no idea what's inside them except that the first ad I was responsible for placing in there are in them :) And I didn't screw it up, whoooo hooooo.

Did anyone else have the Coca-Cola yo-yo team go to their school when they were kids? What the hell was that all about, anyway?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
This is what I was told;

You can't buy the game, but if you have a preorder you can pick it up today.

If you don't have a preorder though you can pre order it today and then pick it up today.

But they can't sell it to you today.

His words 'its all a bit convoluted but you can do that'.

My story on it.

Danoss

GAME is letting you do that

Like I said.

Customer: "Hi, can I buy SS?"
Game: "No, you can preorder it"
C: "Oh, okay, here's my deposit"
G:"Thanks, see you later"
C:"Bye"
G: "Wait!"
C: "What?"
G:"If you give me the rest of the cost of the game, you can take it now"
C: "Oh cool, why didn't you just sell it to me?"
G: "Not allowed to"
C: "Why not?"
G: "Because"

Hey Jambo, wan't me to post some ini tweaks and mods for Skyrim? I also just set the day/night cycle to a proper 24 hours via a console command, so now it's more authentic, plus the stupid shadow movement is no more. God I love this game. btw, what sort of hardware do you have?

legend166

Did anyone else have the Coca-Cola yo-yo team go to their school when they were kids? What the hell was that all about, anyway?

I feel like at this point I can just say this:

Simpsons reference.

I mean, I shouldn't even have to point out the reference any more. Just say 'Simpsons reference'.

Shaneus

Not our school specifically, but I do remember when they were holding yo-yo competitions at our local shopping centre. My brother entered into one and scored a yo-yo or two and a shitload of stickers. I still have (somewhere) some A4 plastic sheets filled with them. Sprite, Fanta, Mello Yello, Coke... all the colours of the rainbow.

The actual yo-yos themselves were pretty fucking awesome, too. Great retro look which I adored at the time, even though I was too young to nail the technique for yo-yoing. I just tangled the strings :(

Yagharek

I hope RandomVince isn't really gone :/

I liked his opinions. Also wanted to know how he's finding the second best game of all time, Xenoblade.

<3

I just needed time out, yesterday was a very bad day (work, needing to find a new rental place, trying to organise holidays and gyaaaarrrgh).

I just got an SMS to go pick up Zelda. Is it legit or do I run the risk of being bombarded with pr0n ads if I try pick it up?

edit: what's the first?

real-time edit #2: what are ausgaf's top 5 favourite games, out of interest?

Rezbit

Hey Jambo, wan't me to post some ini tweaks and mods for Skyrim? I also just set the day/night cycle to a proper 24 hours via a console command, so now it's more authentic, plus the stupid shadow movement is no more. God I love this game. btw, what sort of hardware do you have?

Hit me up bro! (Also what folder do you put them in for Windows 7 install?)

So I just found out that due to possible protest actions taken against someone in our building, the lifts will be shut down tomorrow and nobody, not even couriers, will be able to access our floor.

NOOOO MY SKYWARD SWOOOOOOOORRRRRDDDDD ;_;

Kritz

Banned
So I just found out that due to possible protest actions taken against someone in our building, the lifts will be shut down tomorrow and nobody, not even couriers, will be able to access our floor.

NOOOO MY SKYWARD SWOOOOOOOORRRRRDDDDD ;_;

You should protest the protesters. That'll learn them.

Fredescu

real-time edit #2: what are ausgaf's top 5 favourite games, out of interest?
Last time we did this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24131868&postcount=4427 (not saying we shouldn't do it again, we should, I love lists, I just thought you might find that interesting)

My list was:

1. Half Life 2
2. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Zelda: A link to the past
4. Age of Empires 2
5. The Witcher
6. Doom 2
7. Everquest
8. Scarab of Ra
9. Super Mario Kart
10. Castle of the Winds

I would probably add Fallout: New Vegas in there now. Not sure where. I want to replay it again with all the DLC, but that might be a long way off.

legend166

I don't even think I'd be able to make a list.

I'd probably have to separate console and PC games. And then separate single and mutli player ones too.

Yagharek

Well lists come up often, but its interesting to see how they change and how frequently.

I know I'd have to include Mario Galaxy 2, and Chrono Trigger. Oddworld Stranger is another thanks to how coherent the whole world was, the music and the honesty with which it was presented by OI. Metal Gear Solid 3 is another, it's such a fantastic playground to run around in so far as games go. So much variety in what you can do.

Other than that, it'd be pistols at dawn between Speedball 2, Resident Evil 4, Orange Box, Pac Man CE or Streets of Rage 2 to see what came in at #5. Beyond Good and Evil would be waiting around the corner too.

Kritz

Banned
I just did "favourite series" which I think is more meaningful than favourite single game.

I also have a bit of a hardon for the first two Fable games, and Assassin's Creed 2 + Brotherhood. Oh, and Saint's Row 2. And uncharted 2.

I was actually compiling a list of all games to be released this generation into a googledocs spreadsheet, with the idea of rating each game I'd played out of 5 stars (yeah no not in a kritz.net way) - to just compare what I think of one game against another.

Unfortunately it seems like wikipedia doesn't nessesarily have a complete list of games on its "20xx In Video Gaming" pages. Or I didn't copy something correctly.

I might see if I can do a fresh spreadsheet, link it here, and have everyone rate which games they've played. See how varied AusGAF's opinions are on games.

Gazunta

what are ausgaf's top 5 favourite games, out of interest?
1. Elite. The very first sandbox game and the grandfather of the space exploration / trading / combat genre. It was the first game that said 'video games can be more than quick arcade-style pieces of disposable entertainment'

2. Wizball. Yeah, it's a great shooter, but it's up here because of what it represents. It's a game made in an era when there was no such thing as focus testing. A game made in an era of one or two guys making a game with no design document and just seeing what's fun and rolling with it until a game gets made. An era when you could take totally off the wall ideas and put them in a game because it's an unfiltered outlet for someone's creativity. Recent years in the iOS / Android space has brought that back, but to me Wizball is the king of crazy video games.

3. Rainbow Islands. I don't even think it's that great, but I am a firm believer there is not one video game that could not be improved by being more like Rainbow Islands. Name one, I dare you. It's such a "video game" video game. It's adorable!

4. CRACKDOWN OMG THERE IS NOTHING BETTER TO DO IN VIDEO GAMES THAN JUMP OFF BUILDINGS, NOTHING. AND ORBS GIMME ALL THEM ORBS. AHHHH CRACKDOWN SO GOOD MORE CRACKDOWN PLEASE.

5. Street Fighter Alpha 2. It's just beautifully balanced and it's the sole reason I built a MAME cabinet. Nothing matches the feel of it.

The funny thing is none of these would be my desert island game. That definitely goes to Civilization 2.

midonnay

I follow the stuck on the desert island philosophy, so its not necessarily the best games, but the ones that I can play for years repeatedly.

Top Bottom